Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 1:48:41 PM EDT
I went to pick up some 7.62 X 39 ammo today.  I had bought a few hundred rounds a week or two ago, but today, Academy, OAS and Sportsmans Warehouse were completely out.  There is none to be found on the internet either.  WTF is up with this?

This ammo is getting a scarce as a real cowboy in the theater at Brokeback Mountain !
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Gun shows....pay the frickin $8 bucks to get in and get some there.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

we had a fun show here in ardmore today and they had a ton of it, prices varried but they were reasonable, they had a ton of .308 surplus too. not much .223 ro 5.56 though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

we had a fun show here in ardmore today and they had a ton of it, prices varried but they were reasonable, they had a ton of .308 surplus too. not much .223 ro 5.56 though.

I'm going to be in Ardmore tomorrow for a few hours. Is the show running tomorrow too?

Can you give me some details?   Which show is this?  Where in Ardmore is it?  How much to get in? etc etc?

What type 7.62x39 did they have and how much was it?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm going to be in Ardmore tomorrow for a few hours. Is the show running tomorrow too?

Can you give me some details?   Which show is this?  Where in Ardmore is it?  How much to get in? etc etc?

What type 7.62x39 did they have and how much was it?

yes it will be going on tommorow, also stop at Loves on broadway before you go they have the dollar off coupons so its only 5 bucks to get in instead of 6, not sure onthe kind but saw wolf, silver bear, and some others. couple tables had ammo but the guy in the middle of the room had the most.  though i cant be for certain on the prices, i know it wasnt too bad i remember saying to myself. also it is at Heritage hall downtown.the address is 220 west broadway. sorry i couldnt be more help. also it isnt the biggest show around but its all we got, round here

i did see one of those bushmasters with a1 upper thats new unfired, i didnt even bother to see how much for that either, i jsut thought it was interesting.  also i kept coming back to this dsa .308 one guy had next to a new jld 91 .308, i wouldnt have minded owning either one. those jld 91s are fine looking guns, this one had there new aluminum forearm on it also. and i do remember they had SA .308 battlepacks for 28 bucks which i this is alittle high since you can get it for 23bucks i think on line, they did have other .308 but didnt bother to see what kind it was either, i guess i wasted the whole day there im surprised i remembered i even went,  My son saw some de-milled .50 cal he wanted to put on his shelf, soem guy was selling some demilled shit for 2 bucks a round, i was like wtf ever and went over to the guy who had linked .50 for 2 bucks around and bought him 10 rounds linked, it was live ammo and it had a WW2 headstamp!!  DM 45. DM is for the  Des Moines Ordnance Plant, Des Moines IA, which i believe was shut down right after the war, so i thought that was kind of cool.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:27:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info AROKIE.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:39:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
In stock  www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=217522

Its on backorder there.....I have 2K rounds waiting to come to me!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Availability is sporadic. The last case I got was from www.ammoman.com for $140 shipped. That's not a bad price. I could have gotten it cheaper at Sportsman's Guide HOWEVER, when ammoman says they have it in stock, they do. That's not the case with SG. Good luck. I gave up on trying to buy it locally, by the time you pay admission to the gunshow and then find out they want $150 per case for it plus the $10 you paid for admission, plus the waste of time at the show....you find out you could have had it delivered to your door CHEAPER!

It trickles in a little at a time and gets snatched up fast. What I did was to keep an eye out for it and have money in hand ready to buy it when you find it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Availability is sporadic. The last case I got was from www.ammoman.com for $140 shipped. That's not a bad price.  

Manybe not a bad price but...how many people need it now when they order it? I don't...I'll save $30 bucks and go with the sportsmans guide...thats just me though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
If you want to do that, no big deal. However, you'll be out the money for the ammo and you'll have to wait how long to get it? 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, or more? I've ordered from the SG in the past and have gotten as many as 3 different dates from them for delivery. They are at the mercy of what the suppliers tell them. I know that it's not their fault though.

My only beef is that I don't want to be out some money and not have anything to show for it and have my shipment delayed for who knows how long and have my money tied up in a product I don't actually have and don't know when I'll get it.

Everyone's in a hurry to get their stuff. That's the American way. That's why UPS and FedEX are in business man. If folks weren't in a hurry, everything could just go parcel post right? That's also why with over 700 transaction on eBay, not 1 of those people asked me to ship it anything other than Priority Mail, UPS, or FedEX. Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My only beef is that I don't want to be out some money and not have anything to show for it and have my shipment delayed for who knows how long and have my money tied up in a product I don't actually have and don't know when I'll get it.

Everyone's in a hurry to get their stuff. That's the American way.  

I agree.  I'll pay a few extra dollars to buy something locally.  I'm impatient and want it in my hands today.  However, often the internet savings makes it worthwhile to wait.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:23:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I been buying the WWB when I can find it, wal mart had some for $15/40
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

sure thing did you get a chance to go? did you buy anything?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sure thing did you get a chance to go? did you buy anything?

I got lunch with my Grandma at Ryan's on Commerce and then went next door to Wal-Mart because new wiper blades were a must at that point.  After fooling around there to find out they were out of stock, we went to AutoZone on Broadway.  By that time it was almost 5pm.

I never made the show, but I did find a really good deal on camera cases at Wal-Mart.  They had a ton of them for $0.94!  After tax it was $1.01 compared to about $15 for the same thing in OKC.

Hopefully I'll make the next one.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Sportsman's Warehouse just got in 10 cases of  Wolf 7.62x39 in FMJ. Some guy bought all of it before it hit the floor!
He only gave $99 per thousand!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sportsman's Warehouse just got in 10 cases of  Wolf 7.62x39 in FMJ. Some guy bought all of it before it hit the floor!

Last time I was in ther they had it for $149.50 / thousand.  Did he get a bulk discount?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last time I was in ther they had it for $149.50 / thousand.  Did he get a bulk discount?

Nope! I'm lying, just trying to stir this place up a little!
Nobody bit though!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In stock  www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=217522

Its on backorder there.....I have 2K rounds waiting to come to me!

I have 1k that was supposed to be here a while ago
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have 1k that was supposed to be here a while ago

That's what I was talking about in the posts I made a few up from this one. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top