BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/12/2006 7:54:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
What's Up Jason, It looks like the 21st and 22nd, is the only one I could make.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
21 n 22
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in on 21st-22nd

I'm out on 14th-15th....son's 5th b-day
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm in for 21st-22nd but I'm out 14th-15th for work. Besides, I need to buy Patrick a beer.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't go, too far.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can't go, too far.

Where do you live?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
21st n 22nd is good for me!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Close to Tulsa. Hubby says no go if it's more than an hour and a half, and that would be about a two and a half hour drive.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Close to Tulsa. Hubby says no go if it's more than an hour and a half, and that would be about a two and a half hour drive.

you'll just have to double your speed, I'm hoping to make it this year, God damn job still won't let me take my vacation time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you'll just have to double your speed, I'm hoping to make it this year, God damn job still won't let me take my vacation time.

Several of us have said before that if you would just quit then you would not have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Several of us have said before that if you would just quit then you would not have to worry about it.

yeah but I hate looking for a job, and I'm back to getting paid for just showing up, where else am I going to get 20k a year without having to bust my balls and showing progress, now if I could fined an good desparate woman with a job that'd put up with my lazy ass, I could be a house husband or the PC term is I believe " kept man", that gave me an allowence of a couple hundred a week and a booze/food expence account, then I'd be in short pants and tall cotten.

EDIT TO ADD: I'll even supply the house.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Where is this taking place? I may be able to make one of these date's depending on where it is being held.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:22:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Where is this taking place? I may be able to make one of these date's depending on where it is being held.

Panola.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:34:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Catch a ride w/ someone.  I'm sure there are some Tulsa people coming.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:35:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't you feel a cold coming on that weekend?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:45:25 AM EDT
[#16]
What's the agenda for the shoot? What times does it run and this is a two day event I take it? Anyway, a rough agenda or a rundown of how y'all did it last year would be great.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:12:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Last year there was kinda three seperate shooting area's.  One had IPSC type targets and was only like 30 yards or so then there was some tables set up that you could shoot out to I think like 150.  Then if you got on Jason's deck by the house you could shoot to 220 yards which now I believe the Doc has said they have made to over 300 yards.  It's just bring whatever guns you want and walk around and talk with everyone and shoot guns at the different areas you want and try out the fun toys.  If you act like a dumbass with a gun then don't show up.  Last year everyone was real safe.  I only stayed for one day so I don't know how the overnight deal went.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
 If you act like a dumbass with a gun then don't show up.  

What if you act like a dumbass without a gun. Or, what if it's not an act?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#19]
It's not the gas money or anything like that, it's mostly being too far away from the kids/too far away from the AO for comfort. It's okay for one of us to be away farther if the other's home, but for me to come to a shoot, he'd have to come, too.

I guess we're wierd, and that's okay. I just...don't feel right without the kids, but don't know you guys well enough to bring them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 If you act like a dumbass with a gun then don't show up.  

What if you act like a dumbass without a gun. Or, what if it's not an act?

In your case, stay home....
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:37:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I can make either weekend.
Bad thing is, the Taxman (4/17) will probably hit me hard this year.

I wonder who can hit a Tannerite plastic EasterEgg at 325 yards?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:23:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I think he just challenged us Doc.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Wouldn't 500 yds be a little more challenging?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Dont know if I will be able to make it now, seems we are now flooded with orders at the plant, even got 10,000 cases to run that the damn japs cant run, so we have to.

Looks like my weekends may be full for awhile.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#27]
That settles it then. If 1shott the pot stirrer won't be there, then I'll be there for sure. Of course, he might call in sick that day and be there anyway. I'll be ready though. I'm bringing my Red Ryder (yes, it has a compass in the stock) and my Super Soaker 2000.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#28]
WHAT? pot stirrer, man that is worng  just wrong.......

I dont ever cause trouble, I mind my own business......

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I haven't been around here long but would like to meet everybody even if I didn't shoot anything but the breeze.

As for the Easter egg...that would be fun, never shot tannerite before....almost bought some at the last gun show but had my hands full with beanie babies and jerky.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I haven't been around here long but would like to meet everybody even if I didn't shoot anything but the breeze.

As for the Easter egg...that would be fun, never shot tannerite before....almost bought some at the last gun show but had my hands full with beanie babies and jerky.

You buy your beanie babies at the gun shows too???    I thought I was the only one
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#31]
If you really buy beanie babies then you are not allowed to come.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#32]
What if they were OU beanie babies?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
If you really buy beanie babies then you are not allowed to come.

But uh er,  they are for targets,  yeah thats it targets  You ever shot one filled with tanerite?  its a blast
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Okay, guys...IF my dad will watch the kiddos, and IF the old man continues to be cooperative, I may be able to come...but only for the day. If any of you would really rather I not drive down, say so now...really, I won't be offended. I'll just...organize a shoot near here some other time or something. I need to go do some camping anyway, and if I don't go to this one, I'll be taking the kids camping on the back forty.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Okay, guys...IF my dad will watch the kiddos, and IF the old man continues to be cooperative, I may be able to come...but only for the day. If any of you would really rather I not drive down, say so now...really, I won't be offended. I'll just...organize a shoot near here some other time or something. I need to go do some camping anyway, and if I don't go to this one, I'll be taking the kids camping on the back forty.

We'll try to keep Ndenway from running around naked again, and we'll put Ratterrier on a chain.  That way you'l be perfectly safe.  

Come down....it will be a great shoot!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll try to keep Ndenway from running around naked again, and we'll put Ratterrier on a chain.  That way you'l be perfectly safe.  

WHAT THE? Put a muzzel on me maybe but no chaining me up! hahaha And, Sister you are more than welcome to come!! I think we'd be offended if you did not come. So, be there! Bring your toys and have some fun!

Is anyone bringing thier kids? I should have my 11 yr old son that weekend.....I think he might have fun and was wondering if anyone else was thinking about bringin thier youngens out as well.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WHAT THE? Put a muzzel on me maybe but no chaining me up! hahaha And, Sister you are more than welcome to come!! I think we'd be offended if you did not come. So, be there! Bring your toys and have some fun!

Is anyone bringing thier kids? I should have my 11 yr old son that weekend.....I think he might have fun and was wondering if anyone else was thinking about bringin thier youngens out as well.

I have a 4.5 year old and a four month old going with me!

Or maybe not!!!!!

They're not quite ready for shootin' and drinkin'
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

We'll try to keep Ndenway from running around naked again,

hey man, you do something once and its an oddity, do it twice and its a trend.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I can say that there will be at least 3 of us arriving when I get there...me my dad and my 11 yr old son. But we're not getting there until saturday. No drinking or night shooting or anything for us.

Speaking of my old man....he will be bringing 3 BRAND NEW Bulgarian AK-74 Kits with him.....he has one for himslef that we started on a couple nights ago, this isn't his type of gun smithing so, he has 3 kits extra......for sale. Closest thing we found to compare them to are a Plum Bulgarian Kit for $300 and  a "painted wood" kit for $270....and we're not sure by what "painted wood" means exactly....painted as in paint? Or painted as in stained?? We donno....either way, these will be for sale......  

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a 4.5 year old and a four month old going with me!

Or maybe not!!!!!

They're not quite ready for shootin' and drinkin'

that's my deal that weekend i have my son ....... and i'm still paranoid about having him around a large group   ........... oh well maybee next time.......
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
that's my deal that weekend i have my son ....... and i'm still paranoid about having him around a large group

Well think about it....there weren't any idiots out there, everyone was pretty decent people in real life, plus I'll have my 11 yr old out there so I'll be doin alot of watching him as well as a little bit of shooting. How old is your son Ackman?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
that's my deal that weekend i have my son ....... and i'm still paranoid about having him around a large group

Well think about it....there weren't any idiots out there, everyone was pretty decent people in real life, plus I'll have my 11 yr old out there so I'll be doin alot of watching him as well as a little bit of shooting. How old is your son Ackmanacman ? get it right rat boy

he's 10

he just doesn't have the gun handling skill's that i had at his age ..... on the upside he's probably more inteligent than i am now .........
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well think about it....there weren't any idiots out there, everyone was pretty decent people in real life, plus I'll have my 11 yr old out there so I'll be doin alot of watching him as well as a little bit of shooting. How old is your son Ackmanacman ? get it right rat boy

he's 10

he just doesn't have the gun handling skill's that i had at his age ..... on the upside he's probably more inteligent than i am now .........

I know what ya mean about the gun handling skills Ackboy ....since my son lives with my loser exwife he doesn't get to do as much shooting as I used to when I was younger. Just gotta keep one eye on him at all times, thats what I'll be doin with my boy, plus when he is shooting, I won't be....so I'll be able to help him out and watch over him. He doesn't feel comfortable around the big guns 308's n stuff like that the pressure and noise all get to him. So I'm gonna try to keep him at a safe distance from the big boys.....and I'm pretty sure he'd love to see some tannerite getting shot up....and watchin the M1919 crank out some lead...and the full auto stuff that could possibly show as well. So....I think he'll have a good time...plus if he gets bored I'm sure he'll have his game boy if he needs to hang out inside out of the sun and do some video gaming.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#44]
ACman, Rat - do your boys believe in Bigfoot?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Undecided but open to the idea......

Are going to make it to this shoot Dan??
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I can say that there will be at least 3 of us arriving when I get there...me my dad and my 11 yr old son. But we're not getting there until saturday. No drinking or night shooting or anything for us.

Speaking of my old man....he will be bringing 3 BRAND NEW Bulgarian AK-74 Kits with him.....he has one for himslef that we started on a couple nights ago, this isn't his type of gun smithing so, he has 3 kits extra......for sale. Closest thing we found to compare them to are a Plum Bulgarian Kit for $300 and  a "painted wood" kit for $270....and we're not sure by what "painted wood" means exactly....painted as in paint? Or painted as in stained?? We donno....either way, these will be for sale......  

, they deffinately take a bit of work, I got a romy that won't give up the milk, damn sure thinking of drilling the pin on this one, its been soaking in blaster, liquid wrench and kroil for over a week and the pin still won't budge.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Well?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:30:12 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

he's 10

I know what you mean acman. My oldest son is 9 but he's just not ready yet to do some serious gun handling. He's getting close, but he's just not there yet. He is pretty smart though! I'm just not comfortable bringing my kids to this event, but, maybe in time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Undecided but open to the idea......

I might! Momma has some airline tickets we need to burn soon. Hopefully before that shoot!
As far as teaching kids to shoot - my son and his buddies were good shots with evertyhing from a S&W revolver to an AK at age 9. At 12 Matthew would load 9mm rounds on the Dillon for him and two older guys, Matt T. across the street and his buddy Steve, an OKC cop.
The three of them would go shoot once or twice a week, depending on how many rounds Matthew had loaded for them. He got tired of that sh*t after awhile. But he was one hell of a shot with his Ruger P89 because of it.
Now, at age, 26, he'll shoot 2 or three rounds out of a rifle to make sure it hits, then he is ready to hunt. I still chew his ass up with a handgun - with a Sig 226, 229, whatever!
Matt is the only kid that I know that ever shot guns with the fun switch on them at age 8!
Don't let me around young boys that want to shoot! I'll let them shoot everything I have and teach them marksmanship and safety at the same time! I'm really damn good at teaching youngsters and the inexperienced how to shoot and hit with a firearm!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well?

Dan's going.....I know where he lives....I'll drag him if neccessary!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top