Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 12:47:15 AM EDT
saw a couple of bobcats on the way to work this evening, must be mating season for them,  a smaller one was being chased by a larger one, anyone know if theres a hunting season on them, I'd like to shoot one and have a full sized mount made of it setting like a house cat, with a pair of wire framed glasses and a salem hanging outta its mouth.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:30:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Season is Dec.1 to Feb. 28th.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Brother L, Matt has a varmint call if you need help getting the bobcats out.
He hit one a few nights ago at dusk and couldn't find it! He was SICK cuz he's just like you - he wants a bobcat mount too but not as"artistic" a style as yours.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Maybe we'll see some tomorrow when we're shooting....hahaha
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe we'll see some tomorrow when we're shooting....hahaha

where we'll be shooting is about 150 yrds away, when my parents had chickens a few years back I caught one in the pen eating the shit outta one, my pops told me to just leave them alone that they don't get more than one at a time, they were out of chickens in about 3 months, they don't have a decent dog anymore, or they wouldn't lose any.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
This guy about punced me!!
I shot him at 3 feet with a 12ga. I was calling turkey with a hen call. I guess he thought I was a turkey.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I shot him at 3 feet with a 12ga. I was calling turkey with a hen call. I guess he thought I was a turkey.

im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d800b3127cce9bb07b11769e00000015108AatWjdu3btM

I bet if you squatted down and hooked yer thumbs in yer arm pits n flapped them around that you'd look like a turkey as well! Just let someone know when you do it so we can get ya on cam! hehe
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Rat, when you are calling turkeys and all cammied up, all kinds of stuff can happen. I've had an owl swoop down on me, my son has had a coon come down a tree almost on top of him, squirrels barking in your ear.
Z, did you get that on H's place?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:11:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d800b3127cce9bb07b11769e00000015108AatWjdu3btM

Bet that got your heart pumping, eyes all tuned to the front and some bad assed oversized house cat pounces on your back, if he'da pounced on my back, I wouldn't have had to shoot him to kill him, I'da drowned him in shit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Rat, when you are calling turkeys and all cammied up, all kinds of stuff can happen. I've had an owl swoop down on me, I've also had a calling to Brokeback Prison to hang out with the guys for a couple of days as well....that was an experiance

There Dan, I found the unedited version of what you were saying.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rat, when you are calling turkeys and all cammied up, all kinds of stuff can happen. I've had an owl swoop down on me, I've also had a calling to Brokeback Prison to hang out with the guys for a couple of days as well....that was an experiance

There Dan, I found the unedited version of what you were saying.

I'd open a can of whup-ass on you boy, but you ain't worth the effort!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#11]
when I was 16 I had a bobcat climb up a tree I was in while I was bow hunting.  I was in a tree that had fallen over into another tree and kept growing except at an angle.  I had craweld up into the fork of this tree for a little change from my regular tree stand.  Anyway while in the mid evening of my bow hunt a bobcat had decided to crawl up this same tree also.  I was in full camo and remained very still.  He got within touching distance of me and I decided to stand up and draw back.  He then realized that he was not the only one in te tree and we looked each other in the eyes for what seemed like a long time.  He was confused and did not know what was going on by the look on his face.  Then he slowly backed up and went his own way.  Vary scary for a 16yo while bow hunting.  The reason I didnt stick him at the time was because i knew it was illegal as far as game laws go, today would be a different story.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:25:46 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Rat, when you are calling turkeys and all cammied up, all kinds of stuff can happen. I've had an owl swoop down on me, my son has had a coon come down a tree almost on top of him, squirrels barking in your ear.
Z, did you get that on H's place?

I got this one near Woodward
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top