Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 4:17:52 PM EDT
Hi,
I just went to my dealer to pick up a couple of lowers, I said I wanted one to be put on the 4473 as a "pistol".
The woman at the pawn shop said, Oh, no , they are for rifles!
I told her I can use it as an ashtray if I wanted to!
and explained to her that a lower is a lower, its how its initially built that determines what it is.

She comes back with -"once we fill the form out and you get the lowers, you can do whatever you want with it, we dont send these forms in"

-yeah, until my kid gets busted for pot or something and the 5-0 finds a 7"barreled sbr, and they come looking for the 4473 you have on record.

She offered to call the ATF agent for her ffl, the central OK guy, and ask him.

He tells her to just put down, "frame only", when you list pistol, rifle, etc.

-so to make a long story short, I have lowers that all were listed as "frame only-rifle"

WTF?

Would someone explain to me what just happened?

Anyone know the ATF agent that handles central OK? -his name or number maybe?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Eh,  I dont know anything about the "frame only rifle" thing.  I hate dealing with dealers I dont know very well that also dont know what they are doing.  I had one try and keep from transferring a couple of AR's to me after the AWB expired since they were marked LEO.  They didnt have any clue about what the AWB was or the law for that matter.   It pays off to have a cxouple of real good dealers that will do whatever for you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Well,
for $10 a transfer and Id probably let them spit on me while I was filling out the forms.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hi,
I just went to my dealer to pick up a couple of lowers........

Whoa...stop right there. That's where you went wrong. Repeat after me...paper trails are bad....paper trails are BAD....

A lot of good men died for our freedom. I plan on taking full advantage of it. Private, paperless transfers are legal.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hi,
I just went to my dealer to pick up a couple of lowers........

Private, paperless transfers are legal.

Thats kindof hard to do on brand new stripped lowers you're ordering from an out of state manufacturer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Aw, Its just rusty shackelford.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#6]
hey olyeller, arn't you in norman?, you coulda tried Bills pawn in purcell, I never had a problem using him for transfers, of course he's extra cautious since the atf started climbing up his ass last year.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Where in OK are you?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
hey olyeller, arn't you in norman?, you coulda tried Bills pawn in purcell, I never had a problem using him for transfers, of course he's extra cautious since the atf started climbing up his ass last year.

MLW>"<

+1 For Bills Pawn. used him last year on my lower I got from CMMG....$15 bucks.....great deal!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MLW>"<

+1 For Bills Pawn. used him last year on my lower I got from CMMG....$15 bucks.....great deal!

guess he went up, he used to be $7 for regulars and $10 for new customers.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MLW>"<

guess he went up, he used to be $7 for regulars and $10 for new customers.

MLW>"<

From what I understand maybe about a year ago he went up cause I decided to use him after seein his prices at the top of the OK forum thread. Still cheaper than what I paid for the ffl tansfer for my  other lower.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#11]
He still only charges me $7
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
You should have used me, I just mark them as a pistol on the 4473, no problem.

And only $10.00 for a transfer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top