Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 12:22:11 AM EDT
We were on the old man's place this evening and I was showing some guys where to cut some wood. Matt, my son, came driving up around dark, and told us about just hitting a bobcat with an arrow. His flashlight was down and I gave him mine.
His arrow passed THROUGH the bobcat - blood on the fletchings, shaft scratched almost the entire length from scraping bone. The tom got into the brush, THICK, THICK, THICK brush,  after jumping 5 to 6 ft in the air, doing a 180 and running/stumbling into the brush.
Matt didn't find it, but I am going back this morning - after I get shots in my knees and looking. Daylight will make a big difference. I'm going to get it mounted when I find it.
Killing a bobcat with a bow is quite an accomplishment!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted: Killing a bobcat with a bow is quite an accomplishment!

Killing a Bigfoot with a bow n arrow would be an even nicer accomplishment. Ot shootin down a UFO with an arrow would rank up there pretty high as well....or heck, even a Native to Oklahoma Mountain Lion....
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted: Killing a bobcat with a bow is quite an accomplishment!

Killing a Bigfoot with a bow n arrow would be an even nicer accomplishment. Ot shootin down a UFO with an arrow would rank up there pretty high as well....or heck, even a Native to Oklahoma Mountain Lion....

Rat you have and are in need of a look above, it deserves the 21 unhappy salute ,hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaahahahhahahahahahah

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a big bobcat climb a tree that i was bowhunting in when I was 15.  I was sitting in the fork of a tree that had grown at a 45deg angle.  Anyway one eve a big bob climbed up the tree and got within 3' of me without ever noticing me untill I stood up and drew back shakeing and about to shit my pants.  I didnt want to stick him but just wanted him to leave so I could finish my deer hunting.  He just looked into my eyes and tried to figure out what a set of eyes were doing inside of full camo and he just couldnt understand what I was.  He then turned around and whent his buisness.  It was almost like he was looking into the eyes of the "Predator".  

Wish i had of stuck him now.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I use my pulse zapper to shoot down UFOs! Mountain lions, I use a sling shot. For Bigfoot, I don't know yet!
On pesky rats, a baseball bat works great!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I use mypulse zapper .308win to shoot down UFOs!
Mountain lions, I'd use my sling shot..308win.
For Bigfoot, I'd don't know yet!use my .308win
On pesky rats, a baseball bat works great!,but I'd still use my .308win

there fixed that for ya Dan, or at least wrote how I'd handle the situations if I should ever be accosted by ufo's, mountain lions, bigfoot or a swarm of rats, unless it rat terrier, then I'd just wear boots to keep'em from bitin' my ankles, and send'em on the way with a "boot in da ass".

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I use mypulse zapper .308win to shoot down UFOs!
Mountain lions, I'd use my sling shot..308win.
For Bigfoot, I'd don't know yet!use my .308win
On pesky rats, a baseball bat works great!,but I'd still use my .308win

there fixed that for ya Dan, or at least wrote how I'd handle the situations if I should ever be accosted by ufo's, mountain lions, bigfoot or a swarm of rats, unless it rat terrier, then I'd just wear boots to keep'em from bitin' my ankles, and send'em on the way with a "boot in da ass".

MLW>"<

Many have died tryin.....
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]

MLW>"<
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top