Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 8:47:39 AM EDT
Hi, I am currently in the Oklahoma City area and have heard about hog hunting in the past in OK.  Can anyone recommend a guide or service to go through that isn't too expensive.  I have minimal gear with me since I am in OK on business but I have weekends free to enjoy myself.  Any names/numbers/ or websites would be appreciated.  I could probably borrow either rifle or pistol while here but will not have the ability to do any processing myself.  Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I am about 1 1/2 hour east of OKC I will do some checking with a few of my buddies and if any are interested I will IM you or something.  They have dogs and everything.  There is an option that  you can kill one with a knife, some of my friends catch them and duct tape them and sell them live.  IM me sometime.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am about 1 1/2 hour east of OKC I will do some checking with a few of my buddies and if any are interested I will IM you or something.  They have dogs and everything.  There is an option that  you can kill one with a knife, some of my friends catch them and duct tape them and sell them live.  IM me sometime.

That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard of.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Beleive it or not it's done pretty often around hear .......... you have to understan their useing dogs that ear/catch the pigs and their basically docile at least all the ones I've seen eared........

BTW I wouldn't do it I'm just relaying what I've seen
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm down with the hog dogs and knives.  I have a boxer I am going to set in a pen with a wild hog just to see if he would be worth a shit for a catch dog.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bet it would be fun to watch!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Pits worked best for the catch dogs when I was around that stuff years ago. They trained the dogs by chaining them to  a concrete block or large tire and put them in an enclosed pen with a small piglet. It worked!
The greyhounds and coyote killing is something I have been around a lot. Watching the dogs go after the coyotes is something to behold. Up north around Crescent to Marshall there is a crew of boys almost every weekend out killing the coyotes.
As far as wild hogs, if I hunt them again, it will be with an AK and a large cap mag. The ranchers up around Seiling that we have talked too hate the damn things with a passion!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on now live a little AROKIE.  I want to catch one and duct tape it up one of these days, there is pretty good money in live wild hogs.  Two guys I know do it all the time, I need to go someday.  I want to kill one with a knife.  On video tape, and send it to PETA with a shot of me eating pork chops at the end of the tape.  You would do it too man.

They use pitbulls for catch dogs, and beagles for bay dogs.

DANC46:
The greyhounds and coyote killing is something I have been around a lot. Watching the dogs go after the coyotes is something to behold. Up north around Crescent to Marshall there is a crew of boys almost every weekend out killing the coyotes.

Danc we have guys that do that here a lot, but they just let those dogs out anywhere and do not care about who's land it is or anything.  I don't like people that trespass , I told them if I see them on me again I am going to get them for trespassing.  All they would have to do is ask and I'd let them, but to trespass on me, you better brace yourself.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Forget killin them with a knife....I'd love to find a pack of wild hogs on someones property that they wanted eliminated. I've got a Mak90, a 75 round drum and the fastest finger this side of the Red River!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]
that would be fun to bump of some drums at a pack of hogs
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
[
DANC46:

Danc we have guys that do that here a lot, but they just let those dogs out anywhere and do not care about who's land it is or anything.  I don't like people that trespass , I told them if I see them on me again I am going to get them for trespassing.  All they would have to do is ask and I'd let them, but to trespass on me, you better brace yourself.

ChickenKiller,
Most farmers up north don't really care about the trespassing if they are out killing coyotes.
We are talking about farmers/ranchers that have several sections and not just a quarter section.
Granted, some are not crazy about anyone coming on their property no matter what the reason.
But overall, I've not heard too many complaints about the coyote killing with the dogs. I've followed the guys in several times on different properties to watch the kill, had people drive by and wave. I guess it all depends on who you are and how long you have lived in the area.
Like I said, up north, not too many ranchers seem to mind.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on now live a little AROKIE.  I want to catch one and duct tape it up one of these days, there is pretty good money in live wild hogs.  Two guys I know do it all the time, I need to go someday.  I want to kill one with a knife.  On video tape, and send it to PETA with a shot of me eating pork chops at the end of the tape.  You would do it too man.

DANC46:

chicken, Thats my whole point I do WANT to LIVE!!  first off ill let you do it first. please send me a copy of the video when you do it. that should be a hoot!! no seriously Unless you tranquilize the hog first you wont catch me doing somehing that stupid.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
chicken, Thats my whole point I do WANT to LIVE!!  first off ill let you do it first. please send me a copy of the video when you do it. that should be a hoot!! no seriously Unless you tranquilize the hog first you wont catch me doing somehing that stupid.

It ain't hard to tranquilize them. Use a hammer, minimum of a 3 lb shop hammer. An 8 lb sledge is preferable however!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It ain't hard to tranquilize them. Use a hammer, minimum of a 3 lb shop hammer. An 8 lb sledge is preferable however!

Dan with your bum knees and jacked up shoulders do you think you could swing either of those hard enough to tranquilize them?? hahaha
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dan with your bum knees and jacked up shoulders do you think you could swing either of those hard enough to tranquilize them?? hahaha

Oh, yeah! No problemo! The shoulders are almost up to par - one knee is gonna get replaced in a few months. In a little over a year, I'll be back all the way and as hard as nails.
Besides, hammering is a specialty. In younger years, I was known as the "pile driver"!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, yeah! No problemo! The shoulders are almost up to par - one knee is gonna get replaced in a few months. In a little over a year, I'll be back all the way and as hard as nails.
Besides, hammering is a specialty. In younger years, I was known as the "pile driver"!

Man I just took my boots off now I gotta putem back on
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dan, nobody remembers the 1920's but you Mr.PileDriver!! hahahaha I've been called a few things here since my divorce 6.5 glorious years ago......JackHammer, The Deguter, TheHipeBreaker, Dirk Diggler, The RamRod, Mr.Endurance.....a whole slew of things so please keep your bragging about the dust bowls days to a minimum the old timer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man I just took my boots off now I gotta putem back on

no shit, I gotta get a top a ladder, and may still need a floatation device.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Rat, speaking of the 1920s, I do know an old man that can tell you all about those years.
At 103, he still talks about "romance" in the most explicit manner.
Acman and Ndenway can talk about putting on their boots or flotation devices but the memories, ah, the memories...............
My wife is 6'5" tall, 250 lbs, was a champion mud wrestler when we got married. She straightened me out more times than I can count right after we got married. I'll never be able to do the things I did before we tied the knot. If I wandered now, she'd stomp a new *sshole in me .
It ain't because I don't want too - it's because I live in mortal fear of her getting POed at me.
So I guess the old "pile driver" has been officially retired now for almost 28 years. Did I tell you we were married on April Fools Day?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Dan, nobody remembers the 1920's but you Mr.PileDriver!! hahahaha I've been called a few things here since my divorce 6.5 glorious years ago......JackHammer, The Deguter, TheHipeBreaker, Dirk Diggler, The RamRod, Mr.Endurance.....a whole slew of things so please keep your bragging about the dust bowls days to a minimum the old timer.

Rat, are you trying to claim the title of "hog hunter"?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rat, are you trying to claim the title of "hog hunter"?

NEGATIVE!! When you weigh in a 5' 6" and 145lbs you gotta be careful. My prey are always my size or smaller. I'd hate to get a Sasquach of a woman that'd make me do things I didn't wanna do with her.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
[ I'd hate to get a Sasquach of a woman that'd make me do things I didn't wanna do with her.

Now who's blowing smoke qnd laying out BS?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:41:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I'd hate to get a Sasquach of a woman that'd make me do things I didn't wanna do with her.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DANC46:

Hey Yall watch this......... Famous last words of thousands of rednecks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
NEGATIVE!! When you weigh in a 5' 6" and 145lbs you gotta be careful. My prey are always my size or smaller. I'd hate to get a Sasquach of a woman that'd make me do things I didn't wanna do with her.

yep, she'd make you dress up in something frilly, or wear assless chaps and invite her friends over, they'd all be chanting in unison " make'm squeal Louise, make'm squeal", yep you'd be one whipped puppy.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
make'm squeal", yep you'd be one whipped puppy.

MLW>"<

Hell, if any gal, 8 or 80, says hi to Rat, he's a whipped puppy!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:43:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
make'm squeal", yep you'd be one whipped puppy.

MLW>"<

Hell, if any gal, 8 or 80, says hi to Rat, he's a whipped puppy!

Watch it or this ole pup might just get to bitin you old timers! lol
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't mean to hijack this thread but, oh wait, its MY thread, back on track.  Any info on hog hunts in OK would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I don't mean to hijack this thread but, oh wait, its MY thread, back on track.  Any info on hog hunts in OK would be appreciated.

WHOOPS! We did get off the subject a wee bit, didn't we?
OK, here is what you do. Call the Chief of Police in a few small towns in NW Oklahoma  and ask about the hog hunting. It would be better to ask in person but you might get lucky by talking to them. Or the game rangers in that area. Some of them might be willing to point you in the right direction.
IM inbound.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#30]
He said "hunting".

From that website:
"Our Boar Hunting ranch is located on our ranch, behind a perimeter game proof fence"
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I've hog hunted once.....
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
He said "hunting".

From that website:
"Our Boar Hunting ranch is located on our ranch, behind a perimeter game proof fence"

lol i thought that was funny too, did you see those prices??? go for free just ask any large rancher here in southern ok im sure they would be happy to let you shoot some of those bad boys free
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I talked to a guy about hunting them on his large ranch and he said he didnt want anyone shooting up his land.  He has trapped well over a 100 wild hogs this year alone in his live traps.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I talked to a guy about hunting them on his large ranch and he said he didnt want anyone shooting up his land.  He has trapped well over a 100 wild hogs this year alone in his live traps.

Man we were just at a decent hog hunting place the other day............just depends on what you want to do ............hunt.........or have a damn fine chance to kill one........whithout  dog's it's tough around hear unless you just have a honey hole.....
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Did you score?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you score?

You know I did, then I blazed like the place was on fire.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Oh yeah, bullet holes in the ground, trees and the grass REALLY pollute the area making it unable for anything live there and the ecosystem just goes to shit.....what a frickin moron, if I do say so myself.....which I do...hahaha
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man we were just at a decent hog hunting place the other day............just depends on what you want to do ............hunt.........or have a damn fine chance to kill one........whithout  dog's it's tough around hear unless you just have a honey hole.....

You know of good hog dog places around that area?  I have a hog dog buddy not to far and we need a good place to hunt that wont get us arrested.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah, bullet holes in the ground, trees and the grass REALLY pollute the area making it unable for anything live there and the ecosystem just goes to shit.....what a frickin moron, if I do say so myself.....which I do...hahaha

yeah he was a stingy old fuck that didnt want anyone on is land even though he never used it for anything.  I told him that it would be with dogs and little to no shooting but he wouldnt hear of it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know of good hog dog places around that area?  I have a hog dog buddy not to far and we need a good place to hunt that wont get us arrested.

I saw a 300+++++++++++lb    one right as you enter wear we  were at the other day ...........  also seen a 150ish one back behind the burm we were shooting into.....but like I said dog's are basically a must you can find sighn all the time but the pigs are far and few inbetween just driving or still hunting...people also trap out their even though it aint legal to trap.....the govt actually hired a helicopter to come out and shoot a bunch last year or the year before because they were tearing so much shit up.........

where we need to go is airboat only hhooggg heaven cant wait till the river gets back up......
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I saw a 300+++++++++++lb    one right as you enter wear we  were at the other day ...........  also seen a 150ish one back behind the burm we were shooting into.....but like I said dog's are basically a must you can find sighn all the time but the pigs are far and few inbetween just driving or still hunting...people also trap out their even though it aint legal to trap.....the govt actually hired a helicopter to come out and shoot a bunch last year or the year before because they were tearing so much shit up.........

where we need to go is airboat only hhooggg heaven cant wait till the river gets back up......

I am down with the airboat hog heaven so let me know and I will go for the ride.  But back to the hog dogs,  is it ok to take them out on the core property around the cut?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

If you want to kill one go to a ranch or get a guide deal that you don't have to pay much unless you score.......

If you want to spend a bunch of time "hunting" and maybe never actually see a pig..........well you can pretty much do that on any public land their damn near everywhere in the south but it's tough without dogs.......I've been messing around doing it for years and my success has been pretty poor..........
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:23:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Jeff
your good to go out their.......my buddy has a jet boat so the waters got to get back up before we can go.......if it's lower than what it was last time I doubt an airboat will even make it unless it has wings........if your buddy has tracking dogs you can probably do allright out their.......let me know when you go if you guys wan't a tag along...........I'll do the same when we can make it back out in the boat........all the backroads/core/gas property to the west and all the property on the south side had some good sighn last time we were over their the gut pile of probably a 150lb pig was a sure indication their still their .....that was 3~ weeks ago
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Jeff
your good to go out their.......my buddy has a jet boat so the waters got to get back up before we can go.......if it's lower than what it was last time I doubt an airboat will even make it unless it has wings........if your buddy has tracking dogs you can probably do allright out their.......let me know when you go if you guys wan't a tag along...........I'll do the same when we can make it back out in the boat........all the backroads/core/gas property to the west and all the property on the south side had some good sighn last time we were over their the gut pile of probably a 150lb pig was a sure indication their still their .....that was 3~ weeks ago

sweet,  I'll see if he is up to trying it there.  He is a hog dogger but has always gone on private land way northeast but only lives about 20 min from wear we were the other day.  I am going to try and talk him and his dad into it and also try and train my boxer for a little catch dog action..  I need to get me a big knife
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:22:39 PM EDT
[#45]
I wanna go! I can provide suppresing fire with my Mak and 75 round drum if needed. And heck, I can duct tape a bayonet onto it if I need to so I can cut on some pigs if its gets that down n dirty. Heck, last time I was hog huntin I hooked up with about a 170 pounder.....which is big to a guy weighin in at 140 lbs.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#46]
hey I just thought of that place in shawnee/tecumshee area, its self guided, doesn't cost too much and has all kinds of hogs, wild, timid,black, white, brown, large, semi small, toothy, toothless, and any other things you can think of, its right there offa the 3 loop.......its called CowTown, its full of hogs, I've caught several there in years past with my bare hands and some beer and booze.

MLW>"<

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:52:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Heck, last time I was hog huntin I hooked up with about a 170 pounder.....which is big to a guy weighin in at 140 lbs.

Did he treat you nice?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#48]
why does cowtown sound so familier?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
why does cowtown sound so familier?

you probably been hog hunting there ona friday night, lookin amongst the "cowgirls", like I said I've wrassled with a few hogs from there and even played cowgirls and Nden with a few "cowgirls" I met, one of'em even said she knew why john wayne always told the chicks to save the last bullet for themselves, something bout it was realy fun for a weekend but she wouldn't want to make a habit outta it or some such shit.

MLW>"<
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top