Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 7:43:52 PM EDT
Sorry no ak
Just thought I'd show you guys the ex reach in freezer that I converted to a molyresin cooker

Only a true acman could/"or is retarded enough to" turn a reach in freezer into an oven
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Why dont you just go ahead and bring all your guns and ammo to my house so they dont get ruined in the fire
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Why dont you just go ahead and bring all your guns and ammo to my house so they dont get ruined in the fire

No chance of fire it's fairly close to imposible to catch stainless on fire bro............not to mention I ran it for 6hrs today as a test and none of the wires even got hot........I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but this is the one thing I'm experienced in
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like an excellent job! But it might make a better meat smoker than moly resin oven!
But you have to put a vent in it and a water drip for that!
Not bad dude!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks like an excellent job! But it might make a better meat smoker than moly resin oven!
But you have to put a vent in it and a water drip for that!
Not bad dude!

+1 Dan, that looks like a smoker I built before I moved up town and got with the jones's.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#5]
These silly bastards can't look past smoking meat

I think you did a great job and if they saw the metal storage locker and coleman camping gas grill I use, they might start throwing praises your way.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks good.

I have a friend building me an oven, to use for my Moly Resin work.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
So how many beers did you down before this idea came up?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So how many beers did you down before this idea came up?  

0 i come up with way more dangerous shit than this when I'm drinking.....

In the oven

In it's natural enviroment

I need a tan grip
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#9]
That electrical hook up is illegal..........but who really gives a damn. pretty cool set up you got
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That electrical hook up is illegal..........but who really gives a damn. pretty cool set up you got

Being the only electrician in the state to have developed and taught a National Electric Code
on a national basis, I can only say.....
What the hell do you expect? He ain't nothing but a HVAC mechanic!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That electrical hook up is illegal..........but who really gives a damn. exactly pretty cool set up you got  Thank you

Being the only electrician in the state to have developed and taught a National Electric Code
on a national basis, I can only say.....

What the hell do you expect? He ain't nothing but a HVAC mechanic! this comming from a pipe bender

You guys dont even want to go their with me..............................
I'd be willing to bet you pick up any phone book and call 10 elecrical contractors out of it at random and have them send out their "controls" electrician I can smoke 8/10 any day of the week
and twice when I'm drinking

I'm just not anal retentive about stupid shit when I'm the operator

You guys don't like my camo job i'm hurt
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

it must be pretty damn good, I can't even see it
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You guys dont even want to go their with me..............................
I'd be willing to bet you pick up any phone book and call 10 elecrical contractors out of it at random and have them send out their "controls" electrician I can smoke 8/10 any day of the week
and twice when I'm drinking

You ain't gonna smoke me, podnah! I can name over 30 "controls" electricians that can wire anything from a Cummins Diesel to a backplane for circuit boards. Of course, all of us have union tickets!

I'm just not anal retentive about stupid shit when I'm the operator

What camo job? All I saw was a black grip laying in some grass!
No kidding, it looks like one hell  of a good job. As far as spraying the plastic grips, you might be able to do that. I've done the AMD plastic grips and baked them and it worked out OK! But that was the epoxy paint, not the GunKote stuff.
My son is talking about me doing his "varmint" rifle in a grass type camo. I only hope I do as good a job as you did on that AR!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I know i can do the plastic i wasn't thinking when I took it this morning it has a hogue rubber grip on it........I didn't figure it would survive...............
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks nice!  You did that with NMR?  What do they call those two colors?  I would imagine one is Dark Flat Earth, but the other looks reddish but I would imagine it's their other Brown.  

Are we sure an A2 grip can't take 300 degrees for an hour?  

That's one reason I like Duracoat sometimes- it will cure on it's own or can be helped along at 110 degrees which is cool enough for those plastics...

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#17]
The colors are flat tan and flat brown...... the brown looks way more red in the pic than it does in person.......i dont know if an a2 grip will take 300 but no other plastic has so far i've tried a few.....not saying they wont but i'd have a spare handy just in case........I saw where someone had posted to cook the plastic at 200 for 2 hrs....... that's what I'm going to do.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Heck, it ain't that critical on the grip! Walmart's got some 'plastic" paints that would work. Probably cheaper than ruining a PG!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The colors are flat tan and flat brown...... the brown looks way more red in the pic than it does in person.......i dont know if an a2 grip will take 300 but no other plastic has so far i've tried a few.....not saying they wont but i'd have a spare handy just in case........I saw where someone had posted to cook the plastic at 200 for 2 hrs....... that's what I'm going to do.....

Yep, that will work fine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I saw where someone had posted to cook the plastic at 200 for 2 hrs....... that's what I'm going to do.....

I should have mentioned the moly resin is a thermoset - it won't harden until it reaches a certain heat level. Just like a chemical that won't flash from liquid into gas until a certain energy level is reached. It's gotta go to 300 for a length of time or it won't harden adequately.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw where someone had posted to cook the plastic at 200 for 2 hrs....... that's what I'm going to do.....

I should have mentioned the moly resin is a thermoset - it won't harden until it reaches a certain heat level. Just like a chemical that won't flash from liquid into gas until a certain energy level is reached. It's gotta go to 300 for a length of time or it won't harden adequately.

I have done Plastic A2 grips before with good luck, but I went 250 for 1 1/2 hrs.

And it (NMR) cured just fine, just check it with Acetone, and if it does not come off, it is good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top