Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 5:30:50 PM EDT
I was driving east on memorial near western bout 7:10pm this evening, and this big assed 5 pointer jumps out in front of me, I slam on the brakes and BAM! tag him with the drivers side bumper, he spins out in the fast lane then jumps up and limps up the hill onto the kilpatrick, I'm now at a complete stop and contemplated quickly that it wouldn't be in my best intrest to unass the car and shoot the slowly moving deer, plus the cars behind me started honking, so now not only do I have a busted out headlamp, dented hood and fender, but I have no deer to show for it, guess thats what I get for eating a candy bar in the dark while I was driving.

I did get a new 10x40 Elite mil dot to put on my 10 while its rangefinder is being repaired and a couple of pounds of powder and a couple of thousand primers, looked at the dillon 550 they had, but I gotta check the web site and see if there a big enough savings from what the factories selling them for.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:09:37 PM EDT
[#1]
While it truly sucks.....my mom hit one 2 years ago...be glad it wasn't  a cow at 40 full frontal assault mine wasn't driveable for 2 weeks........and best of all you didn't get hurt....iv'e seen/read horor stories about a deer in the windshield
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
A buddy of mine ran the Conoco on 39th and Council for a long time. He had deer hit and pile up in his parking lot a number of times. The Bethany police would pull up and shoot the deer to put them out of their misery. If a civilian did that, off to jail you'd go!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
well impact was only about 25mph, so the deer should live, might have a limp for the rest of its life, but thats what happens when you jump in front of moving cars, I got the real indian car now, not that it looked that great to begin with, but at least it wasn't all beat to hell, got a cracked windsheild too, wished the impact would have killed it, then at least I'd have something to show for the damage, plus I'd enjoy grilling his ass up, I'd smile every time I took a bite and looked at the front of my car, but I guess I should be glad it wasn't any worse and that I wasn't riding my bike, I almost had one run me down the last time I road it.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I should be glad it wasn't any worse and that I wasn't riding my bike, I almost had one run me down the last time I road it.

MLW>"<

Back in early November, I tagged a doe at about 40 mph on my CBR600RR. Kept it on two wheels, but did about $3100 in damage to the bike. Also made for a real exciting couple of seconds, not gonna recommend that to anybody.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Wished I had known you were over this way, L. I'd had you come by and given you some of that stuff I told you about earlier.
I once had a buddy try to run down an 8 pt with his Thunderbird during deer season. He broke the back leg of the buck. We went lookng for it that night with flash lights. Have you ever tried shooting a deer with a handgun, flashlight pointed over your shoulder to illuminate the sights and the deer? That was a long time ago, and I was fairly game to do anything.
The next day I took off work early and got that buck about a 1/4 mile from the road. Nice 8 point, 135 lbs, with a broken back leg. Of course he accused me of getting his buck, but I denied it.
For the next two or three years, we would sneak around to each other's tree stands and do mean stuff. I left a large cow paddy in one of his tree stands once. He threw a dead skunk by one of mine.
We still managed to get deer every year but sure cussed each other. He denied the skunk, I denied the cow paddy, and so on .... If finally stopped until last year. He came up from Texas and came over to see us while we were putting corn in the feeders. Last thing I did after I filled the feeders was set the camera up. Last thing he did was make sure the camera got him pissing around the corn feeder!
I got even with him. I sent the picture to his mother on a Christmas Card! His dad knew immediately who sent it even though it was unsigned. He is still laughing about it! My buddy is gonna get even but I don't know how or when!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I should be glad it wasn't any worse and that I wasn't riding my bike, I almost had one run me down the last time I road it.

MLW>"<

Back in early November, I tagged a doe at about 40 mph on my CBR600RR. Kept it on two wheels, but did about $3100 in damage to the bike. Also made for a real exciting couple of seconds, not gonna recommend that to anybody.

yeah I've had a few exciting and terrifying moments on a bike in a life time of riding them, I especially don't want to have any accidents now, not just because I have no health ins., but its taking me longer and longer to recover from stuff and the hurt doesn't seem to ever go away.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wished I had known you were over this way, L. I'd had you come by and given you some of that stuff I told you about earlier.

hell Dan I didn't even think of it, I got in a hurry and took off that way, didn't know that place stays open till 9pm, or I would have thought of it, I must have early onset memory loss cause I CRS every time I don't write a list, and even miss whats on the list sometimes.

MLW>"<
Top Top