Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:09:15 PM EDT
Missing in action its a good thing i dont have the upper yet now I have to get another detent.
It was fun putting one together after 16 years but It might be worth the 15 bucks not to get as pissed at yourself as I am right now.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
It is recommended to do that inside a clear plastic bag, so if the spring or pin goes ballistic they don't get lost.

The important point of this handy tip is that I didn't hear about it till after I spent 30 minutes looking for mine when it went ballistic!  I got very lucky, I was able to find mine.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in the pink again I found that little bastard and gotter done.
it only took me 4 hrs lookin for the little bottle rocket.
Next time i do this I will have that little handy tool its worth it for my blood pressure not to get that high.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that handy little tool is worth the money.  I was told by my buddy who's an Army Ranger to put a bed sheet over me when it came to that part.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 I was told by my buddy who's an Army Ranger to put a bed sheet over me when it came to that part.

Hey, we used to have to tell my brother the same thing when he was a teenager, something he didn't go blind.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#5]
You don't need the tool so much as something like a dry cleaners clear bag or a sheet, something to catch the parts when they go flying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top