Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 10:12:13 PM EDT
Hey guys just thought I'd drop in and let you guys in Northeast Oklahoma know that there is a pretty good sized gun auction in Jay both days this weekend.
It's at the Jay Civic center, and is being put on by the Craig, Deleware, Ottowa (I forgot already!) District attorney. Probably most of the guns are Drug seizure related, but as some of you auction-goers might know you can sometimes find some damn fine deals at an auction.

With about 180 pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, airguns there should be just about something for everyone.

Anyway just some FYI

Here's the link.
www.bakerdavisauctions.com/1108-092003.htm
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#1]

as some of you auction-goers might know you can sometimes find some damn fine deals at an auction

At a sheriff's auction? Not likely. All of the good stuff was picked over long ago. This is all of the junk no one else wants.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

as some of you auction-goers might know you can sometimes find some damn fine deals at an auction

At a sheriff's auction? Not likely. All of the good stuff was picked over long ago. This is all of the junk no one else wants.

Actually, yes.  My best friend's dad bought an M1 Garand at a sheriff's auction.  The Garand left the springfield factory in January of '42 and found its way into my house when he got bored with it a short while back.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Actually, yes. My best friend's dad bought an M1 Garand at a sheriff's auction. The Garand left the springfield factory in January of '42 and found its way into my house when he got bored with it a short while back.

Right. And just how much did he pay? Less than the CMP? I doubt it. It's always somebody's brother's neighbor's sister's best friend's uncle's co-worker who gets the deals. The typical sheriff's auction is an odd assortment of junk that tends to get sold for much more than it's worth. Sorry, just a waste of time. The original post sounds like someone who has an affiliation with the auction service. If that's the case, then the post belongs in the EE forums.

According to the link, this is the usual assortment of junk. I stand by my statement.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out the link.

If a man needs a .22 or a single-shot 12 gauge, he better get his ass on down there.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The original post sounds like someone who has an affiliation with the auction service. If that's the case, then the post belongs in the EE forums.

No affiliation with the auction service, sherrif's department or anyone involved. Just thought I'd be neighborly and pass on the information to anyone that would be interested! Sorry to waste your time.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Actually, yes. My best friend's dad bought an M1 Garand at a sheriff's auction. The Garand left the springfield factory in January of '42 and found its way into my house when he got bored with it a short while back.

Right. And just how much did he pay? Less than the CMP? I doubt it. It's always somebody's brother's neighbor's sister's best friend's uncle's co-worker who gets the deals. The typical sheriff's auction is an odd assortment of junk that tends to get sold for much more than it's worth. Sorry, just a waste of time. The original post sounds like someone who has an affiliation with the auction service. If that's the case, then the post belongs in the EE forums.

According to the link, this is the usual assortment of junk. I stand by my statement.

Actually, IIRC, the Garand was about $350 or so, which is about what CMP would go for, if not less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top