Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 3:50:48 AM EDT
guys i took a near miss yesterday in moore, is everybody okay!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:48:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything fine with me.  My wife's office manager nearly lost her son when his pickup was thrown and rolled 4 times.  Her technician (wife is a vet) lost her house.  My house is on the northwest side and was fine.  Thanks for asking, though.  Anyone else?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd say you did have a close call. I went through Moore and south OKC about two hours before that hit.

The sirens were sounded up here in Edmond, but we didn't get anything.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I took a near miss Friday night around Baptist Hospital. No fun. Did anybody get hit?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:55:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Tornado tore the shit out of everything around where I work at NW 10th and County Line.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:00:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Once again, we dodged the bullet here.  I live at County Line and Wilshire, so the kids and I stood out back to see if we could spot anything.  Nothing but wind, hail and rain.  My aunt's place got torn up, but everyone is ok.  Jim, what about your place in Edmond?  Did it go south of you?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, it wound up passing to the south of us between Britton and Hefner.

I took some pictures of the poles down on NW 10th, but I can't get this crappy computer at work to connect to the camera.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#7]
no my wife wants a tornado shelter!!!!!!! my 2nd ak will have to wait now
john
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife wants one too. After siting in the closet for 30 min last night with two kids, it doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys missed out on the tax break the State gave everyone for installing a storm shelter after the 1999 tornado. Maybe they'll offer that again.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Bush has declared OK a disaster area, so maybe that tax break will come back.  As an aside, my wife, kids and I all went out to El Reno to shoot this afternoon.  The storm passed about half a mile from Harry's range.  The only damage there was from my wife using the new Eotech.  I'll put up some pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:12:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's some of what was down on NW 10th near where I work.

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#12]
i'm glad you guys are okay!!!!!!!
john
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I live on 12th and byrant in moore and just missed the bullet again.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#14]
perry i'm on 19th and i-35 in moore
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#15]
man i feel so bad for u all livin in Morre. Im a Tulsa native but lived in norman for 3 years while attending OU.  I was almost in the last damn tonado that hit that area 4 years ago. I woke up to the news the other day sayin you all had been hit again....and then "the city" was hit the next day.....Thank God not many were injured!!!!!!!!!!!!If there was another state in this country that was as kind to hunters, fisherman, and general gun owners, id consider moving. ( i bet the sunsets would'nt be as good!)GOD BLESS THE GREAT STATE OF OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!! GO SOONERS!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad everyone is OK.  I live in southern Tulsa County and we had one run about 5 miles north of us, kinda worked its way down 67 (south end of Glenpool).  There was one spotted by KTUL's spotters about 100 ft. from my bedroom window (they weren't in my yard, so I'm not sure how they saw it).  I never saw the thing, and none of the other weather stations saw such a thing, so I went back to bed and slept the rest of the night.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#17]
SecuritySix, I was out that night and never saw what they were talking about. I went into T town because I work for a public safety agency and live down your way. It has been my experience that alot of spotters like hearing themselves on the radio and alot of small towns use people to spot that don't have any training or experience. I live in Northern Okmulgee County and there was supposed to be one spotted near my house too. There wasn't a bit of damage or a drop of rain there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top