Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2023 9:55:12 AM EDT
I unexpectedly had much of my calendar for this summer free up, and can book a range near Capon WV for some of that stuff. Camping on location is generally okay, it's a nice place. If there are enough of you and you want it done at your range, I can come to your club as well - if it's close and I don't need to pay for range rental it'll also work out cheaper.

What's the interest level for doing Carbine 1 on Friday May 26, and Carbine 2 on the 27th and 28th?

Carbine 1: $300/person

Zeroed semiautomatic rifle (we'll zero again)
Pistol
500 rounds rifle
200 rounds pistol
5 rifle mags
3 pistol mags
Eye and ear protection, sling, safe holster, retention for 3 rifle, 2 pistol mags
If you're bringing the minimum mags, magazine reloading aids are highly recommended
weather-appropriate gear

Covers:
Safety
Gear setup
Zeroing
Safety
Basic firing positions
Basic firing drills
Transitions
IDPA, 3-gun match rules and tactics

Carbine 2: $500/person

1200 rounds rifle
500 rounds pistol
Other gear as above

Covers:
More safety
Basic movement
Even more safety
2-person movement and communications
Advanced shooting positions

Most of it will be short range < 100m.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Aw, hell.  Why not.  Sounds awesome.

Let me know how I can help.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got back from WarFighter, where this would have conflicted. I would love to at any point in the summer. I'm sure other APC folks would be in on this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top