Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2021 4:28:08 PM EDT
Hello, behind enemy lines here in Fairfax.  Looking to do a mid-career .gov assessment of my retirement planning as I've been mostly DIY.

I'm a DoD civilian (prior Army, Iraq) so want to look at FERS, 529s for the kids, TSP, etc.  Maybe get into tax strategies.

I believe I'm looking for a CFP vs a financial advisor.

Would definitely appreciate any recommendations!

Thank you in advance !
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello, behind enemy lines here in Fairfax.  Looking to do a mid-career .gov assessment of my retirement planning as I've been mostly DIY.

I'm a DoD civilian (prior Army, Iraq) so want to look at FERS, 529s for the kids, TSP, etc.  Maybe get into tax strategies.

I believe I'm looking for a CFP vs a financial advisor.

Would definitely appreciate any recommendations!

Thank you in advance !
View Quote

First step is get the FERS guide from Amazon and read it cover to cover.  That will get you a solid base in FERS, TSP and how .GOV retirement works.  Then use either Landmark Capital or Rick Edelman financial engines and get one of their free retirement assessments. I ended up going with Rick Edelman.  They are great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top