BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/28/2021 1:31:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Sucks. There's very little chance the dem controlled senate votes against it. We need what, 3 dem senators.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
So I just read the short version. If I’m reading it correctly, all 80% firearms already legally made and in possession would be illegal to own even if the owner has engraved their own serial number?
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I just read the short version. If I’m reading it correctly, all 80% firearms already legally made and in possession would be illegal to own even if the owner has engraved their own serial number?
View Quote

Yes. No exemption for currently-existing firearms, or those legally imported by an individual.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not sure I understand. All imported firearms are required to have a serial number (post 1968).  Or, are you talking about imported into Virginia, not from overseas?
View Quote

The proposed law is very clear - it specifically states that only serial numbers from federally licensed importers or manufacturers are acceptable. The serial number applied by a foreign manufacturer is not, and if you filed the form 6 yourself, it won't have an acceptable number on it according to the law. So grandpa's side by side from the old country is now contraband.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The proposed law is very clear - it specifically states that only serial numbers from federally licensed importers or manufacturers are acceptable. The serial number applied by a foreign manufacturer is not, and if you filed the form 6 yourself, it won't have an acceptable number on it according to the law. So grandpa's side by side from the old country is now contraband.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not sure I understand. All imported firearms are required to have a serial number (post 1968).  Or, are you talking about imported into Virginia, not from overseas?

How would that pass legal muster, especially in the face of what would seem to be superseding federal law?  Not that such minor details have ever worried gun grabbers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How would that pass legal muster, especially in the face of what would seem to be superseding federal law?  Not that such minor details have ever worried gun grabbers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The how is this.

Do you want to be a test case?  Which risks the confiscation of not only your home made weapons, but having your commercial firearms confiscated for investigation? Along with your ammunition?

The first to be charged will have the process punish them to the point that they are forced to capitulate.  Anything firearm related seized for evidence.  Delays and continuations to increase the legal fees.  Strategic leaks to character assassinate the charged, their family, their employer, anyone in their orbit.

Any appeals will look to see if the state followed the procedure, and if they did, it becomes established law.

And that will set the precedent.

Eventually, someone with resources will step up and go all the way with it, but until then the destruction of individual gun owners and makers will proceed with wanton glee.

Sorry for the doure response.  I'm not maligning anyone in this thread, but extrapolating the pattern I observe in VA today.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

It wouldn't pass legal muster, but that won't stop VA from passing the law.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask the residents of NY, CA, CT, MA, D.C.

Federal laws and States laws are independent of each other. It becomes a matter of who has jurisdiction to enforce it.

The only way to stop this in the Senate is to WRITE State Senators and emphasize that the legislation, as written, would instantly turn hundreds of thousands of law-abiding Virginians into criminals with a stroke of a the Governor’s pen.

Yes, writing, calling, e-mailing (in that order) can swing a vote. Particularly because most politicians have no idea what the text of what they are voting for actually says.

Somewhere I saw contact information for the most likely to swing. Let me find that and post it again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Federal laws and States laws are independent of each other. It becomes a matter of who has jurisdiction to enforce it.

The only way to stop this in the Senate is to WRITE State Senators and emphasize that the legislation, as written, would instantly turn hundreds of thousands of law-abiding Virginians into criminals with a stroke of a the Governor’s pen.

Yes, writing, calling, e-mailing (in that order) can swing a vote. Particularly because most politicians have no idea what the text of what they are voting for actually says.

Somewhere I saw contact information for the most likely to swing. Let me find that and post it again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but these are the ones VCC is saying to contact:

State Senator Tommy Norment Jr- (R-3)- (804) 698-7503
   State Senator John Edwards- (D-21)- (804) 698-7521
   State Senator R. Creigh Deeds- (D-25)- (804) 698-7521
   State Senator Chap Petersen (D-34)- (804) 698-7534
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Arfcom is a clown show.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 8:16:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but these are the ones VCC is saying to contact:

View Quote

Who is VCC?
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 10:16:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Who is VCC?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is VCC?

That is most likely the Virginia Crime Commission.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is VCC?

Virginia Crime Commission? Not very likely. It's controlled by democrats.

There's a group called the Virginia Conservative Coalition, or Virginia Conservative Caucus, or something like that. I get emails from them every week or so asking for money.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#15]
That w
Quoted:

There's a group called the Virginia Conservative Coalition, or Virginia Conservative Caucus, or something like that. I get emails from them every week or so asking for money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who is VCC?

That was the only VCC I was aware of. I know the Dems stacked the commission with other Dems and anti gun folks like Lori Hass....makes me sick.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Apologies, thought more folks were on the Virginia Constitutional Conservative’s email distro

https://virginiaconservatives.net/
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#17]
This will explode back on the Dumbs.

Before 1968 MANY firearms did not have serial numbers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Explode back on the Dumbs? I doubt it.

It just gives the gun haters more reasons to take more of your guns. They don't know or care that many pre-1968 guns had no serial numbers. And they don't know or care that tens of thousands of surplus military weapons were imported pre-1968 with serial numbers applied by the original foreign manufacturers, which don't meet the legal requirements of this proposed law.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Apologies, thought more folks were on the Virginia Constitutional Conservative's email distro

View Quote
Interesting.  Never heard of them.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 2:16:59 AM EDT
[#20]
A serial number doesn't magically stop a gun from being used in a crime. I don't think an armed robber or gang member is going to care if their gun has a serial or not when threatening or shooting someone, regardless of whether they stole or built it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A serial number doesn't magically stop a gun from being used in a crime. I don't think an armed robber or gang member is going to care if their gun has a serial or not when threatening or shooting someone, regardless of whether they stole or built it.
View Quote

I'm sure you know, but Democrats and Anti gun peoples purpose is not to reduce crime.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 1:54:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It just gives the gun haters more reasons to take more of your guns. They don't know or care that many pre-1968 guns had no serial numbers. And they don't know or care that tens of thousands of surplus military weapons were imported pre-1968 with serial numbers applied by the original foreign manufacturers, which don't meet the legal requirements of this proposed law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They amended the bill. It now exempts guns made before the GCA of 1968 as they were not required to have a serial number.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:51:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:57:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

True.
This is a great point to make when calling or emailing our reps about this.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

True.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

Sadly the Dems will most likely say that with a s/n the gun can be traced were a gun without one can't. The problem that the Dems don't want to admit is that when a crime gun gets passed from one criminal to another they don't do any kind of paperwork so tracing a gun is not possible in most instances. They also don't want to admit that criminals want guns, not work. It takes time to buy all the parts, complete the receiver and assemble the gun. Criminals don't want to go through all of that and they don't want the paper trail for all of the parts. They are providing a solution to a problem that does not exist.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Who is VCC?
View Quote

Virginia Constitutional Conservatives

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do these numbers go to a person or a mailbox? I’ll call but I hate talking to people.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 8:53:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Do these numbers go to a person or a mailbox? I’ll call but I hate talking to people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some Reps will have staff actually answering. Others seem to not have their official office line manned and presumably just have a staffer listen to the messages and note the topic and if the caller wants it voted for or against.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get it, me too.

A simple "I urge the Senator to vote NO on HB2276" is sufficient. If you like, you could add; "It will turn tens of thousands of law-abiding Virginians instantly into criminals". If you get a live person he/she is likely just checking a box on a spreadsheet. However, it is important because the more volume a Senator or Delegate sees on a pending vote, the more they become interested in how their vote could affect future elections. Not just for themselves but for their party.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Any updates?

I was under the impression the Judiciary Committee was supposed to meet yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Any updates?

I was under the impression the Judiciary Committee was supposed to meet yesterday.
View Quote

Not that I see. This is the history of the bill from the general assembly website.

HISTORY

01/14/21  House: Presented and ordered printed 21102945D
   01/14/21  House: Referred to Committee on Public Safety
   01/18/21  House: Assigned PS sub: Firearms
   01/19/21  House: Subcommittee recommends reporting with amendments (6-Y 2-N)
   01/22/21  House: Reported from Public Safety with substitute (12-Y 10-N)
   01/22/21  House: Committee substitute printed 21103385D-H1
   01/25/21  House: Read first time
   01/26/21  House: Read second time
   01/26/21  House: Committee substitute agreed to 21103385D-H1
   01/26/21  House: Engrossed by House - committee substitute HB2276H1
   01/27/21  House: Read third time and passed House (52-Y 48-N)
   01/27/21  House: VOTE: Passage (52-Y 48-N)
   01/28/21  Senate: Constitutional reading dispensed
   01/28/21  Senate: Referred to Committee on the Judiciary
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Just got an email from the VA Gun Rights Task Force, part of the Virginia Constitutional Conservatives:

House Bill 2276, the ban on 80% lowers and self made firearms has been passed over...but it will be back!

The fight to Stop Simon's Gun Ban continues, but thanks to you, we have forced the gun grabbers to delay any action on it...but only until Wednesday.

I cannot stress this point enough, it is only due to the patriots of Virginia, calling and demanding that this is gun confiscation bill be stopped, that has forced this effort.

But if you don't keep calling and emailing and having your friends to do so a well, it will pass.

This is why it is vitally important that you keep calling, day after day, and then to email the following State Senators.  A link has been provided for you to click on after their name and demand they vote against House Bill 2276, no matter how it is amended.

State Senator Tommy Norment Jr- (R-3)- (804) 698-7503 - Email by clicking here
   State Senator John Edwards- (D-21)- (804) 698-7521        -Email by clicking here
   State Senator R. Creigh Deeds- (D-25)- (804) 698-7525     -Email by clicking here
   State Senator Chap Petersen (D-34)- (804) 698-7534         -Email by clicking here
   State Senator Lynwood Lewis (D-6)- (757) 787-1094         -Email by clicking here

When you call , here is a very direct and simple message that is vital to give to the State Senators-

"Any vote for House Bill 2276 is a direct infringement on the right to keep and bear arms.  I strongly urge you to vote against House Bill 2276 in any form.  If however, you choose to vote for House Bill 2276, I will work tirelessly to unseat you in the next election and donate to any opponent you have."

The "email by clicking here" links are so easy to use to add another tick to some poor staffers "no" column it's ridiculous. Not saying to leave VCDL to join these guys, but the more folks know about the different groups all working to stop nonsense like this bill the better, in my opinion.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Per VCDL this bill is  being heard on Monday morning (February 15) in the Senate Judiciary committee (and maybe heard on the Floor after that if the bills pass out of the committee).

Email and call these Senators to express your opposition!

Deeds - [email protected] / (804) 698-7525

Petersen - [email protected] / (804) 698-7534

Edwards - [email protected] / (804) 698-7521

Norment - [email protected] / (804) 698-7503
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone know how this bill went yesterday?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Per VCDL email:

HB2276, Simon, is a ban on homemade guns and 80% receivers.  The bill was not heard today, but is scheduled to be heard in the Senate Judiciary Criminal Law subcommittee on Wednesday.  This is a really bad bill that must be stopped.  VCDL STRONGLY OPPOSES HB2276.

If you are a Virginia gun owner and not a member of VCDL, you should be.  They are a force for good for VA.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#36]
A VCDL email had this:

"HB2276, Simon, dealing with "plastic guns" was updated in committee.  It now prohibits purchasing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, etc. an unserialized homemade gun.  It allows those who already have such a gun to keep it, transport it, or carry it, but they cannot sell it, trade it, or give it away.  The bill squeaked out of committee and may well have some trouble on the Senate Floor.   Senator Chap Petersen made it clear that the bill needs work before he can support it on the Senate Floor.  VCDL Strongly Opposes this bill, which is a solution in search of a problem."

I thought that Federal law already prohibited selling, etc. a homemade gun?  Also, from the rest of this thread, it looks like it is a lot more (bad) than the VCDL summary.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Recommend e-mailing and calling your own Senator, plus Peterson, to re-iterate your opposition...

Petersen - [email protected] / (804) 698-7534

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
A VCDL email had this:

"HB2276, Simon, dealing with "plastic guns" was updated in committee.  It now prohibits purchasing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, etc. an unserialized homemade gun.  It allows those who already have such a gun to keep it, transport it, or carry it, but they cannot sell it, trade it, or give it away.  The bill squeaked out of committee and may well have some trouble on the Senate Floor.   Senator Chap Petersen made it clear that the bill needs work before he can support it on the Senate Floor.  VCDL Strongly Opposes this bill, which is a solution in search of a problem."

I thought that Federal law already prohibited selling, etc. a homemade gun?  Also, from the rest of this thread, it looks like it is a lot more (bad) than the VCDL summary.
View Quote

That is not true. It is completely legal, per federal law, to make your own gun and not have a serial number. You have to put a serial number on the gun prior to selling it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That is not true. It is completely legal, per federal law, to make your own gun and not have a serial number. You have to put a serial number on the gun prior to selling it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A VCDL email had this:

I'm not so sure that you're correct here. As I read the federal statute, it is unlawful to make a gun with the intent to sell or transfer it unless it is marked with the maker's name and serial number. If you make the gun for yourself and later transfer it to someone else, no maker's mark or serial number is required. Just don't make a whole bunch guns "for yourself" and sell them all. The BATF would definitely take a dim view of that.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm not so sure that you're correct here. As I read the federal statute, it is unlawful to make a gun with the intent to sell or transfer it unless it is marked with the maker's name and serial number. If you make the gun for yourself and later transfer it to someone else, no maker's mark or serial number is required. Just don't make a whole bunch guns "for yourself" and sell them all. The BATF would definitely take a dim view of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A VCDL email had this:

You and I are almost in total agreement.
I know i can make as many guns for myself and not need to put on a s/n as long as I am not making them to sell. If that is the intend you need to get a manufactures license.
If I make a gun and decided later to sell it, it is my understand that a s/n would need to be put on. I'll have to go and research this aspect to ensure I am right.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Got this from the VCC email distro

Virginia Patriots,

Sometimes the insanity that is the Virginia Legislature defies all common sense.  And today was one of those days.

As you know, here at the Virginia Constitutional Conservatives, we have been fighting non-stop to shoot down House Bill 2276.

And today we did, then we didn't.

You see, the legislative gymnastics pulled off to get this unconstitutional gun ban passed out of committee was nothing short of stunning.

In a jaw-dropping reversal, every single so called 'conservative pro-gun Senator' in the State Senate Judiciary Committee voted to allow the gun grabbers yet another vote, called reconsideration, after the bill failed.

That's right, in a 6-6 tie vote, House Bill 2276, Simon's Gun Ban, failed in Committee.  However, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, all Senate Republicans in the Judiciary Committee voted to allow the gun grabbers another try.

First they all slapped lipstick on the pig that is House Bill 2276, voting to make this anti-gun bill better, by supporting amending the bill to make it easier to pass.  We all know a vote to make a bad bill better is simply a vote to help it pass.

This amendment still makes it a felony to make your own firearms, while 'grandfathering in' those already made..

Then, once the bill failed on the 6-6 tie, realizing their gun grabbing pals were upset, all the Republicans voted to allow the anti-gunners yet another swing at passing it.

You heard that right.  After the bill failed,  Senator Creigh Deeds moved to 'reconsider' the vote and every single senator in the committee voted to allow another vote.

And this time it passed 8-6!

While Deeds voted against it again....after leading the effort to allow the second passing vote.

So even though Deeds can say he voted against the bill, it was his motion that led to the bill passing.

Now the ban on 80% receivers and self-made firearms moves towards the Senate Floor for final passage.

And we all know that registration lists are nothing but gun confiscation lists.  Period.

So now the battle to stop Simon's Gun Ban on self made firearms, and the sale of federally legal 80% receivers, moves towards final passage.

This is simply a ban on pieces of plastic and steel.

In 15 years in politics, I have seen some crazy things, but this one takes the cake.

Now we are faced with a huge uphill battle to not only stop the gun grabbers on the Senate Floor but also to prevent yet another backstabbing by fake conservatives such as Senators Dunnavant (R-12) and Hanger (R-24) who have voted time and again with the anti-gunners.

Remember it was just last year when both Dunnavant and Hanger voted for Universal Federal Gun Registration by supporting outlawing private gun sales.

But we are just beginning to fight.

Will you help us?

If so, you need to call out the following State Senators on their anti-gun antics and demand they vote against House Bill 2276 on the Senate Floor-

Senator Creigh Deeds (D-25) 804-698-7525
Senator Emmett Hanger (R-24) 804-698-7524
Senator Siobhan Dunnavant (R-12) 804-698-7512

When you call, simply say you are onto their anti-gun schemes, and that no matter how much lipstick they slap on House Bill 2276, they need to vote NO or you will not only vote against them if they are your State Senator, but even if they are not, you will donate to any pro-gun candidate that runs against them.

There is no compromise.  The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

It is only due to the tens of thousands of phone calls we have generated and your calls and emails that forced the anti-gunners to work harder than ever to get their schemes passed.

That means we still can stop it.

Remember we stopped Northam's Gun Ban, House Bill 961, not only in the 2020 General Session, but also in the 2020 Special Session and it never even came up for a vote in the 2021 General or Special Sessions.

Now is not the time for summer soldiers and sunshine patriots....now is the time to double down, dig in and fight harder.

This is why it is vital that you call out the following State Senators on their anti-gun antics and demand they vote against House Bill 2276 on the Senate Floor-

Senator Creigh Deeds (D-25) 804-698-7525
Senator Emmett Hanger (R-24) 804-698-7524
Senator Siobhan Dunnavant (R-12) 804-698-7512

And once you have done so, please donate $250, $100 or whatever you can afford by clicking here.  Your donation will allow us to continue to fight to stop House Bill 2276 and begin the process of restoring the right to keep and bear arms in Virginia.

Then please forward this email to fellow patriots, urging them to do likewise.

The battle is just beginning, and with your help, one day Virginia will once again be bastion for the 2nd Amendment.

In Liberty,

S. Chris Anders
Director
Virginia Constitutional Conservatives
https://www.facebook.com/virginiaconservatives/
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Arfcom is a clown show.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 7:57:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Whoopty doo. The Rpv fucking us over again. Fuck those fuck sticks
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Siobhan Dunnavant is a traitorous piece of shit who also voted for the UBC bill last year. Used to be solidly pro-gun, then got scared by a leftists nutjob challenger, stuck her finger in the air, and decided to be a democrat.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Amen.

Quoted:
Siobhan Dunnavant is a traitorous piece of shit who also voted for the UBC bill last year. Used to be solidly pro-gun, then got scared by a leftists nutjob challenger, stuck her finger in the air, and decided to be a democrat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#46]
HB2276 may be voted on today.

The scum in the General Assembly are playing fast and loose with the transparency process as well.

If you search for HB2276, you will get this link:

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?211+sum+HB2276

This gives the impression that it is waiting in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

However, if you go and click the link hidden in the Finance Committee agenda (where the bill was sent after it was amended in Judiciary) you get this link:

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?ses=212&typ=bil&val=HB2276
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
HB2276 may be voted on today.

The scum in the General Assembly are playing fast and loose with the transparency process as well.

If you search for HB2276, you will get this link:

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?211+sum+HB2276

This gives the impression that it is waiting in the Senate Judiciary Committee.

However, if you go and click the link hidden in the Finance Committee agenda (where the bill was sent after it was amended in Judiciary) you get this link:

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?ses=212&typ=bil&val=HB2276
View Quote

That first link is to the summary from the regular session. It was continued over to the special session. You have to go to the 2021 Special Session pages for all the bills carried over.

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?212+sum+HB2276

The bill was passed by temporarily today which is a good sign but we’ve got to keep the pressure on Deeds, Lewis, and Petersen.

On the floor Republican senators gave good personal examples of firearms that they own that would then be illegal to even will to their children. Senator Petersen spoke against it as well (saying he agreed with some aspects but couldn’t support in its current form). Senator Edwards once again made the incorrect assertion that if you don’t have a serial number an individual could simply “get a license from the ATF”.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#48]
https://twitter.com/VSSA/status/1365042184433582081

They passed *something* but wtf it is I don't know.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#49]
They added a floor amendment at the end of the day Deeds, Petersen, and Lewis all voted yea. There was some strange things going on with the vote with Dunnavant initially voting yes then saying she voted that way by accident and requesting a revote to then vote no. Deeds kept switching between yes, no, and R36 over and over. I’m guessing he was trying to see what other people voted so he wouldn’t be the deciding vote by himself, but I don’t know.  It was strange indeed.

Lewis spoke in favor of the floor amendment and said the bill still wasn’t good but that they could fix it in conference committee. :( He did call out the House and say next time they write a bill about guns they need to talk to someone who actually knows anything about guns. All this before passing it anyway.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#50]
https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?212+amd+HB2276ASE

“3. That the provisions of this act shall not become effective unless reenacted by the 2022 Session of the General Assembly”.

Guarantee that will be stuck in conference committee.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top