Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2020 10:52:30 PM EDT
See the map: https://www.fredericksburgva.gov/DocumentCenter/View/7304/Motts-Run-Reservoir-Trail-Guide-PDF?bidId=

Motts Reservoir Web Site

We can do 7.7 miles on Reservoir Trail. I need to go scout the trail, probably by bicycle. Parking sucks and fills up fast.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 5:29:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I enjoyed the last hike, when were you thinking of doing the hike?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 10:31:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure on timing. Have to watch the weather and pick a weekend after I scout the place. Might be several weeks yet.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure on the hike aspect, but the kids and I mountain bike there as it’s close to the house. Trails are nice, and it’s rarely busy except on weekends.

Anything you’re looking for in particular?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure on the hike aspect, but the kids and I mountain bike there as it’s close to the house. Trails are nice, and it’s rarely busy except on weekends.

Anything you’re looking for in particular?
View Quote

I did just a very short walk near the docks recently. I want to see the condition of Reservoir Trail all the way around and make sure it is fully connected and passable.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:31:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did just a very short walk near the docks recently. I want to see the condition of Reservoir Trail all the way around and make sure it is fully connected and passable.
View Quote

Last time I rode there was a few weeks ago.  The trail is wide and clear all the way around.  The markings aren’t the best, but there’s almost no way to go the wrong direction.  If memory serves there are only two separate connectors that don’t take you around the loop and they’re easy to spot.   You will have to cross two creeks, they’re not very deep, or wide.  The rest have bridges over them.

The Fred Trails people really do a good job of keeping the trails passable and in good shape.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:43:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like a winner!
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Tag for interest.  

I'm to get out of NOVA for the day.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#8]
That ain't far and looks like a nice area........watching.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I think I walked that once when we lived in Stafford.

Anyway I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Interested
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:42:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Interested.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm interested as well.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm looking forward to getting this one together. Let's watch the weather for an agreeable weekend.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Today I hiked the trail at Mott's Reservoir to scout it out. I did the 7.7 miles in 3 hours (approx. 2.6 mph) with a camelback and the slightest of stops. It is a very nice hike, mostly among tress in a rolling landscape. The reservoir doesn't come into view until late in the hike. I had never done this hike before and just as I thought I was turning the far end of the reservoir, it opened up to show me more trail. Nearly 8 miles with a heavy pack would be a robust hike. I'll probably go light when we do this soon. Parking was easy at 0945 and wasn't completely full at 1245. Weather probably kept the weekenders away. Temperature was high 30's but felt 40+ in the trees with a slight breeze and some sunshine. Very comfortable with exertion. The trails weren't empty, though. There were a number of cyclists out there.

I'll get a poll going for dates after the Super Blow (Feb. 7) and the APC dinner in Fredericksburg (Feb. 13).

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top