Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2020 10:08:47 AM EDT
Earlier today (May 31, 2020), at approximately 12:35 AM, an unknown male poured a flammable fluid on the Fallen Officer Memorial and the front entrance to Police Department headquarters.  Two small fires ensued, but were quickly extinguished by the Fredericksburg Fire Department.

If anyone knows anything about this, please contact the PD.

Everyone needs to be careful if you are going out.

FPD Headquarters article
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Fucking assholes.  I only know one name on the memorial. Police Officer Todd Bahr.  He was a good dude and knew him through his old gun shop Damage Inc.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fucking assholes.  I only know one name on the memorial. Police Officer Todd Bahr.  He was a good dude and knew him through his old gun shop Damage Inc.
View Quote

He was a very good dude. I stopped by his shop once or twice but, I got to know him when he joined the PD.
I am hoping the damage to the memorial is not extensive and can be repaired.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He was a very good dude. I stopped by his shop once or twice but, I got to know him when he joined the PD.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes he was.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Things heated up last night. A protest got destructive and the group of 205-300 marched from downtown and almost got to the PD. There was a BIG police presence(mutual aide was present with Spotsy, Stafford, University of Mary Washington police and state Troopers lending personnel) and gas was used to disperse the group. A shelter in place order was issued by the PD for downtown and the city manager instituted a overnight curfew.

No matter were you are be safe and make sure you carry. You never know when something might pop up were you are.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:24:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I heard there was trouble at Walmart? Central Park?

Anyone got the info?

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I heard there was trouble at Walmart? Central Park?

Anyone got the info?

View Quote

I have not heard of any issues at Walmart. I was talking to some guys at the PD today and it did not come up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
A state of emergency has been declared in Fredericksburg and a 8pm-6am curfew has been set until June 3rd.

eta: the text i got:

Fredericksburg Emergency ALL Public Notification
A state of emergency has been declared within the City of Fredericksburg and a curfew has been issued by the Governor of Virginia. No person is authorized to be in public between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. beginning June 1st, 2020 and ending June 3, 2020.  Certain exceptions exist, include traveling to and from work and medical emergencies.

eta: i just read this is for the whole state and not just Fredericksburg like I originally thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top