Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 6:00:10 AM EDT
Senator Warner needs an eye opener for his flip flop on our Gun rights. How does one start a recall petition?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#1]
§ 24.2-233. Removal of elected and certain appointed officers by courts.

Upon petition, a circuit court may remove from office any elected officer or officer who has been appointed to fill an elective office, residing within the jurisdiction of the court:

1. For neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties when that neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties has a material adverse effect upon the conduct of the office, or

2. Upon conviction of a misdemeanor pursuant to Article 1 (§ 18.2-247 et seq.) or Article 1.1 (§ 18.2-265.1 et seq.) of Chapter 7 of Title 18.2 and after all rights of appeal have terminated involving the:

a. Manufacture, sale, gift, distribution, or possession with intent to manufacture, sell, give, or distribute a controlled substance, marijuana, or synthetic cannabinoids as defined in § 18.2-248.1:1, or

b. Sale, possession with intent to sell, or placing an advertisement for the purpose of selling drug paraphernalia, or

c. Possession of any controlled substance, marijuana, or synthetic cannabinoids as defined in § 18.2-248.1:1, and such conviction under a, b, or c has a material adverse effect upon the conduct of such office, or

3. Upon conviction, and after all rights of appeal have terminated, of a misdemeanor involving a "hate crime" as that term is defined in § 52-8.5 when the conviction has a material adverse effect upon the conduct of such office.

The petition must be signed by a number of registered voters who reside within the jurisdiction of the officer equal to ten percent of the total number of votes cast at the last election for the office that the officer holds.

Any person removed from office under the provisions of subdivision 2 or 3 may not be subsequently subject to the provisions of this section for the same criminal offense.

Evidently we just need to start a petition.

By my math, we need 359,815 signatures. I dunno how anything up above would square with getting him removed, but I bet it would scare him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Im in. It sounds like a good thing for the VCDL to start up. Maybe they can get other gun rights groups involved.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:09:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I don't know whether or not it is possible, but if the VCDL wants to start the recall process (or the WV equivalent to the VCDL to recall their ass wipe senator who pulled the same shit), Quantico Tactical will donate a S&W M&P-15 rifle to each organization to help fund their efforts.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a great idea!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, it's a really good idea.

As a former citizen of the Commonwealth I was just thinking how screwed Virginia is with Warner and Kaine. Warner has already declared his support of an AWB and you can pretty much count on Kaine to tow the line for his buddy Obama.

I hope some group such as VCDL or other organization can get a recall petition going.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#7]
what grounds are you going to base a recall on?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
what grounds are you going to base a recall on?

Oh no! There you go bursting the bubble.

Sadly a quick Google search reveals that only 18 states have provisions within their constitutions for the removal of their US Senator. Virgnia isn't one of them.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2096900_recall-us-senator.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top