Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2010 4:21:35 AM EDT
Trying to get my brother involved with 3 gun but I am from VA Beach.  Anyone know of any good 3 guns I could take him to up in NOVA?  He is in Manassas and I think anything within an hour of there would be fine.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 5:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
They have matches close to Richmond at Cavalier and Black Creek.

Are you going to the Blackwater 3 gun matches?
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 5:20:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I just went to one last week.  Great setup down there.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 5:59:12 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a little bit farther, but Summit Point has started 3gun matches - next one is in Sept.  Check out spshooters.com.
Link Posted: 8/13/2010 1:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

It's a little bit farther, but Summit Point has started 3gun matches - next one is in Sept. Check out spshooters.com.

Wait, for serious?

Why wasn't I informed of this?!?

I might have to un-ass myself from the tech shed and mosey on over to spectate the handgun match on the 21st...

Link Posted: 8/14/2010 4:02:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Oooh!  I am very interested.  Looked at the site and it states multi-gun.  Semantics aside is it truly 3-gun (pistol, rife and shotgun)?

Link Posted: 8/14/2010 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oooh!  I am very interested.  Looked at the site and it states multi-gun.  Semantics aside is it truly 3-gun (pistol, rife and shotgun)?

Actually, the semantics are important (apparently)...  I've been told that multi-gun means that more than one gun is used on a stage, whereas with 3-gun, it may be pistol on one stage, rifle on another, etc.
I cannot confirm this, however.  
The previous Summit Point Multi-gun used multiple guns on each stage.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 6:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, the semantics are important (apparently)...  I've been told that multi-gun means that more than one gun is used on a stage, whereas with 3-gun, it may be pistol on one stage, rifle on another, etc.
I cannot confirm this, however.  
The previous Summit Point Multi-gun used multiple guns on each stage.

True- rifle and pistol can be also interpreted as multi-gun. I will try to participate in the September event.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 4:39:21 AM EDT
[#8]
As long as the fates don't intervene, expect to see me and kcobean there also. I will require you to sign a non-disclosure statement so that you can't tell the rest of Arfcom just how poorly I perform.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 6:05:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As long as the fates don't intervene, expect to see me and kcobean there also. I will require you to sign a non-disclosure statement so that you can't tell the rest of Arfcom just how poorly I perform.

Practice makes perfect. Maybe Olivers AR will attend as well as we all did at the GSSF.

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Practice makes perfect. Maybe Olivers AR will attend as well as we all did at the GSSF.

Let's try to rope him in... I thought I had him in for the last one at Cavalier, but he lamely chose work instead of play.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#11]
After being out on the range both yesterday and today, decided that this is more fun then writing proposals on the weekends ;)  Should have most of the proposal work done in August, so put me on the list for Sept.

I did fire a Benelli M4 today and managed to put a decent group of slugs together at 25 yards.  What can I sell to raise funds for a new one or find a used one  With replaceable chokes, it can solve many solutions , skeet/trap, Multi-gun, hunting, SD, removing engine blocks, etc.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's try to rope him in... I thought I had him in for the last one at Cavalier, but he lamely chose work instead of play.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2010 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
After being out on the range both yesterday and today, decided that this is more fun then writing proposals on the weekends ;)  Should have most of the proposal work done in August, so put me on the list for Sept.

I did fire a Benelli M4 today and managed to put a decent group of slugs together at 25 yards.  What can I sell to raise funds for a new one or find a used one  With replaceable chokes, it can solve many solutions , skeet/trap, Multi-gun, hunting, SD, removing engine blocks, etc.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/11/2010 5:05:51 AM EDT
[#13]
To all who may care, 3gun match at Summit Point on Oct 31, USPSA match there Oct 30.
Five of us went to the last 3gun match - anyone want to come try it out?
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 5:47:57 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm def interested. I'm always out there with my racecar, might as well be out there with my rifle a bit more ;)

A few months ago I had the opportuninty to do both hobbies in one day (Drifting and shooting)

Here is a vid that I put together from it. (I'm the guy in the Function Tuned 350z, and shooting my AR15 at the car)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Kvq5gUZnA

Kelly, can I borrow your shottie ? :D

Link Posted: 10/11/2010 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like way too much fun.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm def interested. I'm always out there with my racecar, might as well be out there with my rifle a bit more ;)

A few months ago I had the opportuninty to do both hobbies in one day (Drifting and shooting)

Here is a vid that I put together from it. (I'm the guy in the Function Tuned 350z, and shooting my AR15 at the car)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Kvq5gUZnA

Kelly, can I borrow your shottie ? :D

I have several to choose from.  Bring it on!
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks like way too much fun.

yeah, pretty much...
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:59:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Bump for Summit Point match this Sunday.  
Signup starts tonight at 9PM - 3gun Sunday, USPSA pistol Saturday.
spshooters.com
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I will be at the close one for me, Cavalier Rifle and Pistol club 3 Gun Match. You Nova people need to expand and visit us this weekend.....
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#20]
kcobean and I will be there.

recognition code?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#21]
LaRue Tactical Hat
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#22]
what color?  There tend to be quite a few of those around.  

I'll be in a black one...  shooting a no-name AR with a brand new Aimpoint, a Rem 1100 with a synthetic stock, and a G34.

Oh, and I'll be missing just about everything.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#23]
UDE color, if I actually shoot, will have the LaRue OBR 5.56. Also, if cool enogh, will have a fleece Big Dog sweet shirt on. Or if you see anyone near a Blue Titan Nissan Truck with GBOT sticker. Tee-shirts are generally Life Is Good, Big Dog or some other Outter Banks t-shirt.

Still waiting to see if I am going to shoot with a friend since this one is team. I will be there either way.

If all else fells, look for the other guy shooting horrible and yell arfcomer.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top