Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 3:52:35 PM EDT
I guess I should have paid better attention to previous posts about his place.  Three officers and myself got back from the gun show and decided to get some wings.  When we seen the big sign on the door saying "no guns allowed"  we were all shocked.  On of my buddies went inside and asked for the manager and asked him about the sign.  He said "it does not apply to you guys".  My friend said "the hell it doesn't, I am not eating in a place that discriminates against lawful CCW holders".  He then said we are going to go back to our departments and tell every officer to avoid this place.  The managers jaw dropped as we walked out.  He followed up to the parking lot explaining that it does not apply to officers.  We all looked at him and said "it is discrimination, and we will not stand for it.  We will take ours and others officers business elsewhere".  We left with a big grin on our faces as he was still in the parking lot.  That is their loss...We are never going back until they change policy...
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for taking a stand.  Bravo!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice. Thanks for standing up for our rights!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Oorah!
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
So...umm...

Where did you go eat?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:16:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Wendys.. We went shooting afterwards....
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool.  I go past that one all the time, but have stayed away from it since as I understand it that's their corporate policy.  Same thing for the Smoky Bones down the street...  I'm not real rabid about gun rights usually, but there are too many other options in that area of town.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you, rc109a.
From the Newport News BWW:

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Bravo rc109a !

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome. Serves them right.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#11]
thanks for info, thats just more info to let people know its a easy spot to get robbed. Hope they dont

carry forever
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 6:53:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Good on you. Thank you.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you very much! I'll have to stop by there and let them know they won't be getting any of my money either. I doubt the manager will care, but the more he hears it the better. Everyone here who is local should do the same.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for standing up for what is right.

I smiled as I read it.

Reminded me of when I closed my Wachovia account, it's always fun to be face to face explaining why they have caused themselves to lose business.
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My friend said "the hell it doesn't, I am not eating in a place that discriminates against lawful CCW holders".

I'm just a bit confused. State law prevents CHP holders from carrying concealed there. Their open carry policy prevents the rest. BWW policy has nothing to do with CHP holders...just lawful gun owners who open carry. They won't have any of my business for their anti-gun policies but as of this time it's not a concealed carry issue.

However I do find their open carry/leo hiprocracy laughable at best. Clueless to the end.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 3:35:11 AM EDT
[#16]
First off kudos to the OP and thanks for sharing.  

Woden hopefully next year that will change the CCW in restaurants that is, should have been this year though.

Link Posted: 9/23/2009 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Woden
I guess the wording could have been different, but it was not.  If your just out to find errors with peoples post, then I guess you have nothing better to do.  It was the thought that counted. Next time I will kepp my comments to myself and let you find out for yourself...

For the rest, thanks.  For those who know me I am always looking out for others and though you might just want to know what I had just recently found out.  A letter to BWW is going out later this week tellng them how we are not going to be visiting their establishment.

Side note...will be at LGC from 1000-1300  trying to get this shooting thing out of my system for the week (working this weekend)..lol
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I guess I should have paid better attention to previous posts about his place.  Three officers and myself got back from the gun show and decided to get some wings.  When we seen the big sign on the door saying "no guns allowed"  we were all shocked.  On of my buddies went inside and asked for the manager and asked him about the sign.  He said "it does not apply to you guys".  My friend said "the hell it doesn't, I am not eating in a place that discriminates against lawful CCW holders".  He then said we are going to go back to our departments and tell every officer to avoid this place.  The managers jaw dropped as we walked out.  He followed up to the parking lot explaining that it does not apply to officers.  We all looked at him and said "it is discrimination, and we will not stand for it.  We will take ours and others officers business elsewhere".  We left with a big grin on our faces as he was still in the parking lot.  That is their loss...We are never going back until they change policy...

When they get robbed and call 911, show up but refuse to go inside!
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
My friend said "the hell it doesn't, I am not eating in a place that discriminates against lawful CCW holders".

I'm just a bit confused. State law prevents CHP holders from carrying concealed there. Their open carry policy prevents the rest. BWW policy has nothing to do with CHP holders...just lawful gun owners who open carry. They won't have any of my business for their anti-gun policies but as of this time it's not a concealed carry issue.

However I do find their open carry/leo hiprocracy laughable at best. Clueless to the end.

In Alabama the sign applies to open or concealed carry. A property owner has the right to put up this sign, and I cannot conceal carry there. (Edit: Or I can be asked to leave and not come back...not breaking a law.) So, I eat wings elsewhere!
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

BWW policy has nothing to do with CHP holders...just lawful gun owners who open carry...

Those people are often one and the same.  Many folks carry concealed most of the time, and open carry in restaurants to remain legal.

The officers told an anti-gun business to stick it.  Open carry or concealed, we should be grateful.  I am.

Link Posted: 9/23/2009 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

It was the thought that counted.

Darn right!  Don't let a nit-pick or two get to you.

BTW, I was so impressed, I cross-posted here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/31844.html

Everyone I've met from that site is good people; most are active in VCDL too.  People on forums are often motivated to post only when something bad happens, so the perception of police over there can get a little skewed from the typical.  Thus I felt I'd post a positive story.

Link Posted: 9/23/2009 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Buffalo Wild Wings is on the VCDL list along with many surprising others.  

VCDL list of anti gun businesses
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Woden

I guess the wording could have been different, but it was not. If your just out to find errors with peoples post, then I guess you have nothing better to do. It was the thought that counted. Next time I will kepp my comments to myself and let you find out for yourself...

Wasn't trying to nit-pick as some have posted. My first sentence stated my intent. Sorry I was confused.

I open carry. As often as possible. I educate those that ask me about it. I appreciate you open carrying and educating those who you feel need it. I'm glad you are letting them know the error of their ways. And hopefully this next year it will be less of an issue once we get the retaurant ban fixed. There is no other issue that irks me more than that one. If my post came off as nit-picky then I apologize. It was not my intent. I have worked as hard as I can to make the restaurant issue go away by recruiting friends, family, and others to join the VCDL and become active in 2A issues.

Link Posted: 9/24/2009 7:20:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Good work man.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top