Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:49:33 AM EDT
Anyone else hear about this?  Heard it from a friend who... heard it from a friend who... etc.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I was happy when I just found it. Always take a look when I come up to visit my brother in Kearneysville.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I was just in there yesterday.  No mention of them closing.  I'd discount this as mere rumor until you hear it from them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:29:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I havent been there in a while. But i never thought they would close.  They seemed to be doing well and had the plans for the new range.   Maybe with the health issues of Toms wife that might be a reason for it.  But i would have to hear it from Tom himself in order to believe that.

I hope not that would mean there isn't many other choices for a handgun in this area.  Rifles i can just go to Va.    Oh well i'll just have to stop in and see.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't heard anything to that effect...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Was just in there yesterday (I stop in 1-2 X/week); bought a new Stag Arms lower nicely laser engraved with a "VG II" monogram and image of a WV Mountaineer, and ordered a Kimber ..22 conversion kit for my 1911. Chatted with several of them. No mention whatsoever of them going out of business anytime soon. In fact, I watched the proprietor decline to purchase direct mail advertising from a walk-in solicitor, saying that I-81 and president Obama do all the advertising he needs and that business is almost more than he can handle. They also made a hefty purchase of ammo and accessories from a vendor who had stopped by while I was in the stor. They are within sniffing distance of being SOT holders (just waiting for some paper-pusher to push some paper), and will soon be dealing in Class III stuff as well. I strongly doubt any rumors of them closing.

BTW, if you'd like a VG II engraved Stag lower, they should have a few more in later this week - but I got the first! Hehehe... Great shop, great guys - go and give them your hard-earned cash!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:54:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Highly doubt it.  Seriously highly doubt it.

Might want to do that one smart thing....call them 304-229-4411

Since they're one of the only gun shops in the panhandle....highly doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:56:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Class 3 soon?  *glee*  I so want a few suppressors.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Send bubble and Hard rock and IM if you want a few Suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Send bubble and Hard rock and IM if you want a few Suppressors.

Thanks heaps.  Already talking to Bubbles now.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:48:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

BTW, if you'd like a VG II engraved Stag lower, they should have a few more in later this week - but I got the first! Hehehe... Great shop, great guys - go and give them your hard-earned cash!

I am not even in the market for another lower, but I would buy one in a new york minute with a mountaineer engraving.  Where is the shop located?

Thanks,
shooter
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not even in the market for another lower, but I would buy one in a new york minute with a mountaineer engraving.  Where is the shop located?

Thanks,
shooter

Take WV Exit 5 off of I-81, get on the west frontage road heading north. About 1/2 - 3/4 mile, on the right, you will see the sign for Valley Guns, an archery shop, and a barber shop. Turn right into the parking lot. All three are colocated in a single building that is finished in log-style siding. The building is clearly visible from I-81, just north of Exit 5.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top