User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 5:18:41 AM EDT
When people say "Yo, where you callin' from?"
I say "A straight-up thug town called Arlington!"

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:10:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah just saw that via facebook...really cracked me up.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I love allt he shots of "Whole Foods" - "Crate & Barrel" - "Cheesecake Factory"

Classic.

And a sad social commentary.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Classic.

Come and see me in my town and we'll grab a cup of coffee at the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks........

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic.

Come and see me in my town and we'll grab a cup of coffee at the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks or the Starbucks........

_MaH

You could go to Tysons Corner Mall and get Starbucks from three different places within the mall!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#5]
That is so fucking funny.

Hahaha

The green line.

(I work at the Navy yard )
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You could go to Tysons Corner Mall and get Starbucks from three different places within the mall!

I think that he's in Ashburn, which (unless they've just shut some down), I can think of four Starbucks
within a few miles of one another, just there in A-burn itself.

Telling abt the residents that'll support that many high-assed cups of coffee....
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Thats funny and all, but when I lived in Arlington I witnessed a gunfight between car theives and cops.  In my parking lot.  From my balcony.  

Lots of beatings and stabbings in that part of town too.  Guess I lived on the wrong side of Arlington.

I'm really glad I live in the sticks now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#8]
....I'm busting out my fighting moves like the fetal position...

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic.

_MaH

Occasionally you can see Sandra Bullock at the Starbucks on Spout Run.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Classic.

_MaH

Occasionally you can see Sandra Bullock at the Starbucks on Spout Run.

I could never forgive her after "The Net".  

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thats funny and all, but when I lived in Arlington I witnessed a gunfight between car theives and cops.  In my parking lot.  From my balcony.  

Lots of beatings and stabbings in that part of town too.  Guess I lived on the wrong side of Arlington.

Where were you in Arlington?  Was it along Columbia Pike?  That is the bad part of the county - drunks/sex offenders in the woods, gangtards strutting around, the occasional shooting or stabbing.  Not bad by DC standards, but not pleasant either.  

I lived in Arlington from 1984-2007.  I'd rather be in the sticks, too, but I ended up in Springfield.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Very nice.  Plenty of chuckles.  Very clever.

The "Dudes in brown flip-flops" part was a really nice touch.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I think he missed one or two starbucks...

RE-SHOOT!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#14]
i grew up there from 84 to 91.  yeah... it got worse apparently.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thank god we can carry
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got a chance to watch it.  It's too true to be funny.  I've been to all of those places, and swear I've seen all those people.  When I graduated high school in 1991, none of that stuff existed.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:40:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Fox news (channel 5) just did a piece on this video and its creator.  Neat.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#18]

That's awesome, and sooooooo true

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#19]
good stuff
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#20]
This was in the WashPost this morning. Slow news day...?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#21]
That's awesome.  

Even though I lived around here for a year, I'd never been along Wilson from Clarendon to Ballston before the other day.  Seemed like every big chain restaurant had an outlet there.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#22]
definitely funny.  my wife lived in arlington before we got married and still has friends there now.    i certainly wouldn't say i'm knowledgeable about arlington, but i know enough to have laughed at all of it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Fox news (channel 5) just did a piece on this video and its creator.  Neat.

Quoted:
This was in the WashPost this morning. Slow news day...?

Nah, they're just lurking the HTF

Ever wonder who the "gun nuts" are they keep referencing?

_MaH
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:56:22 AM EDT
[#24]
We moved to NOVA in '63 when my dad got transferred with G.C. Murphy's.

He managed the store on Wilson Blvd @ Garfield.

Sad to see a nice little shopping district become just another crap urban area with no personality.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:30:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where were you in Arlington?  Was it along Columbia Pike?  That is the bad part of the county - drunks/sex offenders in the woods, gangtards strutting around, the occasional shooting or stabbing.  Not bad by DC standards, but not pleasant either.  

I lived in Arlington from 1984-2007.  I'd rather be in the sticks, too, but I ended up in Springfield.  

Bingo!  We were along Columbia Pike.  You nailed it with the description of the Columbia Pike Woodsman and such.  I would LOVE to see the video guy shoot a new video there.

Funny thing is, even though it was the crap part of Arlington, my shoebox sized apartment (that I was renting)  sold for about $600K when they decided to go Condo.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#26]
But Bob and Edith's is still there.  I remember being stationed at Ft. Myer and hitting B&E's after a night of festivities.  Good chow, fo' sho!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Bingo!  We were along Columbia Pike.  You nailed it with the description of the Columbia Pike Woodsman and such.  I would LOVE to see the video guy shoot a new video there.

It's a naked guy bathing in Four Mile Run!  It's groups of Hispanics drinking in the woods at all hours!  It's a hooded man exposing himself to female joggers!  

Funny thing is, even though it was the crap part of Arlington, my shoebox sized apartment (that I was renting)  sold for about $600K when they decided to go Condo.

I paid 160 for my 700 square foot condo down there at the intersection of Columbia Pike and Arlington Mill in 2003 , and sold it for 270 at the end of 2006, just past the market's peak.  It was obvious to us the neighborhood was heading south, and we got out just in time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top