Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 8:14:56 AM EDT
Well, after 2+ years of commuting down the Dull-Ass Greenway, I was done.  I returned my E-Z Pass to get my money back since I didn't need it any longer.  

So what do these fuckers do? Charge me an extra $25 since I "damaged" it: 2 pieces of velcro on the back.  Their velcro lasted less than 2 weeks.   I put on 2 strips of 1/2" x 2" 3M velcro tape to hold it.  That was considered "damage".I pulled the other side of the velcro off my motorcycles windshield with out damage, but it damaged their transponder.  yeah, about that..... Shitheads won't even send it back, since it's already been recycled.  I damaged it beyond use, but it's been recycled?  Assholes.  

I knew they'd find a way to hose me again. They're even going to hold my left over tolls hostage.

I'd love to tell them just how many times I went around the gates or made sure the transponder was under the seat if I saw the gate was up.  Since there are no cameras on the Greenway toll booths, I could recommend it to the rest of you....but that would be wrong...just plain wrong to tell someone that since there are no cameras, you can hold the transponder under the seat (or your leg) and it won't read as you go through an open gate....nope, justs plain wrong.

Glad I'm not that kind of guy.

Assholes.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Note to self...

1) Return EZ-PASS to UNIT6699 for "friends and family" treatment, or...

2) Return EZ-PASS in person and bring a hammer to destroy EZ-PASS if person says it's damaged.  If I'm going to pay $25, I'm going to get some fun out of it.

_MaH
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Note to self...

2) Return EZ-PASS in person and bring a hammer to destroy EZ-PASS if person says it's damaged.  If I'm going to pay $25, I'm going to get some fun out of it.

_MaH

Thanks....that really helps now

Would have been worth the ride to Clifton Forge, even at $5gal.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It is easier just to say it was stolen.  They don't even need a police report.  usually just a call takes care of it.  It seems the way to do it around here (I wish I had a dime for everyone that called to report them).  The EZ toll place sometiems calls and asks, but most of the time they just give them back their deposit.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:48:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea, we dont have camera's (yet), they are too cheap to put them in, what we do instead, for those of you who hold the transpoder under the seat when the gates are locked up during rush hour, is :

We have people assigned to the plaza, who are instructed to collect the vehicle description and plate # of people who violate on a regular basis.

We then turn it in to the supervisor who is assigned (Me) to enter them into the violation/violater database.

We then wait until that particular violater reaches a certain dollar amount, once that amount is reached, the plate # is turned over to VSP who will then visit you at your home bearing a summons to appear in court to address the outstanding toll.

At times, we do little sting operations when we know what particular time the particular violater comes through, what we do is:

We have VSP wait at the opposite end of the road with a nextel, when the violater passes through, the supervisor calls ahead and gives the vehicle discription, a stop is insued, then everything proceeds from there.

Now, with all that said, and my attitude towards this company, I could really care less who comes through there violating, the tolls TripII charges are insane and they only plan to raise them higher.

Oh, and we are in the process of installing cameras at the Main Line Plaza, if you should ride through again on the east side, look to your left at booth #7, there is a camera arm on top of that booth, a camera will be installed on it shortly, as well as cameras for all the EZ Pass lanes.

In the coming months, as soon as the camera's are all installed, there will be alot of people taking days off from work to go to court

*Edited* No offense implied or threat implied.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:51:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Note to self...

_MaH

Edit note:

1) I could help you with that should you require it

2) Matt, you work at a much better option, clamp EZ Pass to target, send it down range, THEN get some fun out of it!

Just imagine the look on their face if you brought it in full of (insert your caliber here) holes
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is easier just to say it was stolen.  They don't even need a police report.  usually just a call takes care of it.  It seems the way to do it around here (I wish I had a dime for everyone that called to report them).  The EZ toll place sometiems calls and asks, but most of the time they just give them back their deposit.  

What he says is very true and this would be the easiest route, at times, customers even THROW the EZ Passes at us, curse us out good, then drive off.

I do not know how EZ Pass processes these tags when we turn them in though. We also find them at the ramp locations all the time.

People just throw them out the window

But yea, reporting it stolen is a good way around any fee's.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:06:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd be interested to see the lack of info you have on me. I have never seen anyone in the Ashburn gates in the 2+ years I'd used them.  

Not that I have anything against you, but I'll call BS that you have anything on me outside of original account info.  I'll be more than happy for you to post the particulars on this thread.  Account # has been IM'd to you.

Look forward to seeing it, or lack thereof.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:32:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Just to clear up any confusion:

My response to this post was NOT any type of threat towards Millerized, I have NO intention of posting any pictures or anything personal about his EZ Pass account.

And he is right, be it that he does not frequent the mainline plaza, there is no way (unless one of the VSP or Maintenance workers saw him violate) anyone likely saw him if he was at one of the remote plaza locations.

My response was an attempt at humor, I work for the Dulles Greenway, I dont LOVE the Dulles Greenway, I am not going to go out of my way to try and rat out one of my ARF brothers.

Millerized, feel free to drive around, under , over, THROUGH, I dont mind brother , hell, give me a call at the office and say, "This is Millerized" and watch the gate magically go up and you will be on your way
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'd be interested to see the lack of info you have on me. I have never seen anyone in the Ashburn gates in the 2+ years I'd used them.  

Not that I have anything against you, but I'll call BS that you have anything on me outside of original account info.  I'll be more than happy for you to post the particulars on this thread.  Account # has been IM'd to you.

Look forward to seeing it, or lack thereof.

I was under the impression you were blazing through the Mainline Plaza, if you were at 607 east or west or ANY remote plaza, no, there have not been collectors assigned there in about 10 years.

They were manned the first couple of years we opened, but due to lack of traffic, alot of locations were UNmanned and layoffs ensued!

There are no cameras there so your golden man!
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top