Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2008 8:45:00 AM EDT
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has been out to Lafayette lately and noticed if the indoor range was open. Their website doesn't appear to be updated and it still has the same old message saying that their indoor range will be temporarily closed due to construction and will reopen towards the end of October. I also don't recall anything from their quarterly newsletter.

I want to go shooting soon but I didn't make the hour or so drive from Richmond and find out that it's still closed.

I was going to email the admin for the LGC webiste but I thought this might get a quicker response.

Thanks!

-Hokie
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
yes its open
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/16/2008 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, I was out there this last Saturday. I will also be going out this Monday to shoot at the rifle range.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I should be there most likely all 3 days this weekend. If you see a white expedition stop by and say hi. Hopefully I'll be testing out a new trigger, may shoot the highpower match also.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the yearly dues and fees for joining Lafayette Gun Club?  A couple of us at work are looking for a regular place to be able to shoot since Chickahominey has been butchered.
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What is the yearly dues and fees for joining Lafayette Gun Club?  A couple of us at work are looking for a regular place to be able to shoot since Chickahominey has been butchered.

+1

I live about 20 minutes away, and it's getting harder and harder to find places to shoot.

ETA: What about that part that says your application has to be signed by a current member?
Link Posted: 1/17/2008 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Its not a real fast application process. Don't expect to fill out an application, pay the dues and then go shooting. My application took sevral months to process. You have to have a NRA membership. A  current club member has to sign the application. Initial fee up front is $220 that being a $20 deposit on the magnetc key, orientation fee of around $40 and a yearly membership fee of $160. My numbers may be off there somewhat but the $220 part should be right. Its so close to my house that it doesn't makee sense for me to go anywhere else. Indoor range open 24 hours. I work night shift so sometimes that good as I go shooting at 1 am. Wish it had more than 100 yards available outdoors but with the encrochment issues they have I feel lucky to have them. Easiest way to get a member to help sign your applicaation is to put a message on here to go shooting sometime.
Link Posted: 1/18/2008 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, I'll have to try to get down there.  I see they have kid's nights on fridays.  Maybe I'll bring my 7 year old and check it out.  Guess he is old enough to start shooting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 5:26:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I should be there most likely all 3 days this weekend. If you see a white expedition stop by and say hi. Hopefully I'll be testing out a new trigger, may shoot the highpower match also.

I will look for you, I will be going by there today to shoot my new SPR.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#10]
What did they do to the indoor range? The inside doesn't look any different to me. I had heard that a major rebuild was in the works.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#11]
They added another containment wall to the rear of the range. They had to cut thru the floor in the breakroom area to tie the structure together. Most imrovements went into sound reduction/safety to the housing area behind the range to reduce risk of having a round ever leave the facility.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to be a member til I moved to Richmond.  Having a 24/7 indoor range was nice.  I miss it.  (No, I'm not willing to drive an hour there and an hour back since I have an outdoor daylight-only range less than 10mins from home).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top