Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:10:19 AM EDT
As of March 10th, I will be spending the next  three and a half monmths at FT. Eustis reclassing into a different MOS. Was looking for thing's to do in the area to fill up my weekends with. Made a promise to wife that I would be good while down in Va. so please don't list tittie bars and the sort as I don't do good with temptation
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a big area with lots of stuff to do around here. You're right down the road from Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown...so there is all kinds of historical stuff to see.

Williamsburg also has Busch Gardens theme park which will be opening up sometime in March.  Last year they let military in free...not sure if they will do the same for 2006.

Newport News is booming right now, with lots of new bars,restaurants, and stores opening up not to far from Ft. Eustis.

There is water everywhere, so when it warms up a bit (probably in April), people head to the beach or head out fishing.

The Outer Banks of NC are only a couple of hours away...so its a fun place to go on weekends.

Norfolk and Virginia Beach are just to the east of Eustis. Lots of good places to go on that side of town.

FYI, if you are from NYC, AirTran flies from Newport News to NY-LaGuardia for like $50 each way.

The down side is that traffic has become a real pain around here. The closer we get to summer, the worse it gets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top