Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 3:02:26 PM EDT
I guess the Bass Pro noticed the last few times they've had 5.56 ammo in stock, they got cleaned out quickly! After getting two cases in my last two trips, I was back again today to see an unopened case of Q3131, about a case more in loose boxes, and another case in loose boxes of Remington UMC.

With no .mil discount, Q3131 is about $230 for a case.  After about a year long drought in local ammo availability, this is great to see.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
On the Ammo forum Bass Pro is listed as having Q3131 at $224.50 before shipping.    There's some note about 10% off in store.    Did they give you the 10%?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
AFAIK, that's a sale that's going on now. I, unfortunately, got mine before any sales.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are still looking for 5.56 (.223) ammo, The Armory over on Indian River Road in Virginia Beach has some surplus Lake City XM855PD (62gr Green Tip FMJ) and XM193PD (55gr FMJ). They have it in 120 round battle packs for 24.95 and a 1000 round case of the XM193PD is selling for $179.90.

Dan
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I have read on the ammo forums, I've very hesitant to shoot the PD stuff.   Seems that there have been way to many problems, cracked cases, squibs, etc.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a bunch of ammo from Georgia-Arms. about 2K 223 1K of 357 Sig and about 500 40 S&W. Good prices and quick delivery. Faxed order in on Tuesday got ammo on Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]
How much is their shipping to Va?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:26:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just got a bunch of ammo from Georgia-Arms. about 2K 223 1K of 357 Sig and about 500 40 S&W. Good prices and quick delivery. Faxed order in on Tuesday got ammo on Thursday.

I've bought from them at a Richmond gun show.  if you want to avoid shipping, you may want to call them and ask which gun show they attend.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How much is their shipping to Va?

I assume your asking about georgia arms, in which case shipping is free for >$500 orders.

Its  $17 for just a case.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks,
I forgot about the show coming up.   I saw them at the VB Pavillion on New Year's.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
From what I have read on the ammo forums, I've very hesitant to shoot the PD stuff.   Seems that there have been way to many problems, cracked cases, squibs, etc.  

Just went through a case of PD 55 grain, bought it a few months ago from the Armory. I could count the duds on one hand. Stuff is not bad. I also shoot Georgia's stuff too, maybe one or two duds in a case. I do lots business with The Armory, I can walk there!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I envy you.   I think the Armory is the best gun store on the Southside.    I live clear across  in northern Va Beach.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just went through a case of PD 55 grain, bought it a few months ago from the Armory. I could count the duds on one hand. Stuff is not bad. I also shoot Georgia's stuff too, maybe one or two duds in a case. I do lots business with The Armory, I can walk there!

I am so glad to hear that.  I just picked up a case of the same stuff after work.  I've never shot PD stuff before, but the guy at the Armory said he had not heard of many problems with it.  I hope I have the same luck as you.  By the way,  is the quality of this stuff good enough to bring to a formal training class? h.gif  If so, that would be great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top