Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 6:51:46 AM EDT
Has anyone participated in any of the classes presented by Tactical Shooting Academy, Surry, VA?

There website looks pretty good, but I am curious as to the quality of instruction.

Tactical Shooting Academy
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to hear from somebody who attended, also.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:33:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive shot some IPSC,IDPA and taken an NRA instructor class with the owner.

I dont doubt he didnt want to work out detail for a class. He does stuff his way and isnt shy about it. He is good, safe teacher who can teach most of us a thing or two. I do know a few people who have been schooled by him , one is a top ranked shooter  in both IPSC and IDPA.

I can say if you looking for pistol training for IDPA he is one of the best choices in this area.
Todd Jarrett at Blackwater would be my first choice for IPSC type.

As we all know skills learned for these two games have carry over to real life.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I know just a little about DR Middlebrooks.  He has some interesting ideas on defensive shooting.  I'm not an expert, so I won't get into how practical/usable they are.  The thing that concerns me is that he has a "system", FIST Fire.  

If he teaches that system and is open to other ways of shooting then we could probably all learn something from him.  However, many people that have their own "system" are not open to other ways of achieving the same results.  

I did have a set of his sights on a 1911 for awhile.  They are like the Ashley Express sights with a shallow V and big dot.  Great for shooting fast within 8 yards, but very difficult to use beyond that compared to standard post/notch sights.  

I'd be interested to hear from anybody that has taken a class with him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#5]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top