Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 3:47:48 AM EDT
a) Surefire rail system for AK47.  Dunno how they got it.  I asked brightflashlisghts two weeks ago and he said no chance.

b) Nighthawk Talon (OUCH! the thing is gorgeous!)

c) Enough 308 semi-auto's to make the biggest 223-detractor drool.  Highlight = Socom II.

d) Those infernal Russian padded ammo cans for 6$.  The only reason they aren't ALL in my apartment is cause I have a small car.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Where is VA arms located?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:47:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Where is VA arms located?

Virginia Arms
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
i think i will roll over there for the sole reason that i have little better to do today.  i love having a night off work--and i somehow have 3 this week.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to go pick up my Polytech Legend tonight.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
a) Surefire rail system for AK47.  Dunno how they got it.  I asked brightflashlisghts two weeks ago and he said no chance.

b) Nighthawk Talon (OUCH! the thing is gorgeous!)

c) Enough 308 semi-auto's to make the biggest 223-detractor drool.  Highlight = Socom II.

d) Those infernal Russian padded ammo cans for 6$.  The only reason they aren't ALL in my apartment is cause I have a small car.

I was drooling over the Nighthawk last night.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#6]
yeah that thing is DEFEINLTEY sharp and at 1500$ it's a steal.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Gonna pick up my AR pistol tommorrow.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Those things were a steal at $10...let alone $6...I should know...I got him the hook up for them.  But...I don't think they are Russian...

They came from a local Gov contractor who was hired to ship NVDs over to the sandbox...they unpacked the NVDs and repacked them in the hard plastic (read: Pelican) cases and shipped them in those.  Thus, leaving said contractor with 3300 new in box NVD padded cans...

Sorry for the short story folks...

JT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I do miss that place.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those things were a steal at $10...let alone $6...I should know...I got him the hook up for them.  But...I don't think they are Russian...

They came from a local Gov contractor who was hired to ship NVDs over to the sandbox...they unpacked the NVDs and repacked them in the hard plastic (read: Pelican) cases and shipped them in those.  Thus, leaving said contractor with 3300 new in box NVD padded cans...

JT

I've got a closet full.  I keep everything in them,  loaded mags, bagged ammo, QD optics, batteries.  they're incredible.  for the same price as a 50 cal can you get a as-close-to-new-as-it-gets PADDED case, with button latch that stacks perfect too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:38:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JT

I've got a closet full.  I keep everything in them,  loaded mags, bagged ammo, QD optics, batteries.  they're incredible.  for the same price as a 50 cal can you get a as-close-to-new-as-it-gets PADDED case, with button latch that stacks perfect too.

Pics?

What do they look like?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
what's up buddy?  you never call...you never write...I never get cheesecakes from your lovely wife.
How are all the yacht's in Florida?
JT
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:17:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JT

Pics?

What do they look like?

Hit up GOTM4 to take some pics and post...he's there all the time...and has posting powers.  I think you'll like them.
JT
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:16:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
what's up buddy?  you never call...you never write...I never get cheesecakes from your lovely wife.
How are all the yacht's in Florida?
JT

Come on down for a visit team member!

Hey, did you ever pay me for that muzzleloader?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey Q...he owe's me money for a vest too!
Damn bum!

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Q...I thought I was gonna ship you a Beta for that smokepole....just haven't done it yet.
M4...you know where I work...come and get it.
JT
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:02:32 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Q...I thought I was gonna ship you a Beta for that smokepole....just haven't done it yet.
JT

Still watin'
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
JT

Still watin'

What you moved like 2 years ago...you in a hurry?  Serves you right for movin!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm headed there tomorrow or thursday.  

will keep thread updated.  

Bernie said they've been moving XD45ACP's verrrrrrrrrrrry quickly.  I'm intrgued but want to wait for the 5" model.  going to pick up RRA compelte pistol lower with match trigger and 16 inch saiga.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
JT

Still watin'

What you moved like 2 years ago...you in a hurry?  Serves you right for movin!

And you still havn't come to visit...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#21]
today I caught a hold of the SW MandP.  nice package, definitely NOT a sigma.  Looks to be a great cop gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JT

Pics?

What do they look like?

Post a pick already... damnit.    Now I'm interested.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:08:01 PM EDT
[#23]
don't post stuff like this, I've successfully put off a "browsing" trip to VA arms for a long time now because I know I will spend money, and this just makes it even harder!  dammit, I need to save right now!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

JT

Pics?

What do they look like?

Post a pick already... damnit.    Now I'm interested.

pic will be up tomorrow.  too damned tired!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#25]
they just sold my rifle for me.  and i am a happy guy.  their wall looked kinda bare compared to when i was there last week.  doing brisk business i guess.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:34:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
they just sold my rifle for me.  and i am a happy guy.  their wall looked kinda bare compared to when i was there last week.  doing brisk business i guess.

'specially the consignment wall.  I've only been to a couple gun shops, but they've gotta be one of the best in the nation.  The consignment guns seem to fly off the shelves.  I'm thinking about it myself......

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:24:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

'specially the consignment wall.  I've only been to a couple gun shops, but they've gotta be one of the best in the nation.  The consignment guns seem to fly off the shelves.  I'm thinking about it myself......

they take 15% in case you aren't sure.  but it was a lot easier than selling it to some random person off the street or internet.  and their consignment case rotates pretty regularly too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#28]
photos  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm in school now but I actually have the memory stick that I put em on.  up in a sec.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#30]
DVD is there for size purposes, orange targets are my 'labels' that I use to mark, with such appelations as '185gr Gold Dot', 'M193', 'M118LR', 'CS', 'White Smoke', etc....

And this is my 230gr box with Georgia Arms Gold Dots and Federal Hydra Shoks... I was loading mags that day so kinda low on those!

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:24:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the photos.  Is the foam removable ie loose or glue'd in?  It looks to be like a 50bmg can but taller.  Neat.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#32]
definitely taller.  foam is on there pretty good.  

These are simply the most useful things I own.  I use them for both short and long term storage, they stack neat, and are DAMN sturdy.  Cheap as hell too.  IF I had a bigger car.........

I got M193, XM80, a BOATLOAD of 9mm SXT's and 185 gr Gold dots in long term storage in my basement with dessicant in there too.  They're O-ringed so pretty secure elements-wise..  In my apartment I mainly keep loaded AR mags in there so the aluminum girlie-skinned mags don't get dented - probably have 5 cans alone of AR mags with magpuls, dust covers and 28 rds of M193 in em waiting for doomsday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top