Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 12:33:25 PM EDT
Going ATV riding down there with family. Most of my faimly down there carries a hand gun while riding(22 loaded with rat shot). Is a AR15 going to be a problem, or should I just go with my 1911. I want to do some plinking while out there, hence why I want to take the ar15. Most if not all of the land is private land (coal mine land that hasn't been used in 40+ years).
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Not to give legal advice but:
open carry of handguns is legal in WV
however carrying anythng afield during hunting seasons without a CCW or hunting license can be a problem

Have fun...be careful
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
LOL if you are driving a green ATV with racks, have all camo on, and your open carry consists of a 50cal Deagle with 10inch barrel and compC you might have a few questions to answer. If you are driving a bright white raptor with straight pipe, in cloths that have JT stenciled all over them, and a drop down leg holster with a sig 229 or glock19 no one is going to say anything other than "thats bad ass"
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not to give legal advice but:
open carry of handguns is legal in WV
however carrying anythng afield during hunting seasons without a CCW or hunting license can be a problem

Have fun...be careful

+1

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top