Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2005 10:52:42 AM EDT
For those of you that know me, you know that I am a senior in High School.  Well, it's that time of the year when students start applying to colleges.

I just wanted to tell everyone that I was accepted to the University of Virginia.  So, next year, I'll be in the Charlottesville area most of the time.  I hope to be on the Rifle team that they have at UVA.

Matt
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!

My wife works there in the College end of UVa.

Danny
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Exellent!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Exellent!

What the ol' crusty one said.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For those of you that know me, you know that I am a senior in High School.  Well, it's that time of the year when students start applying to colleges.

I just wanted to tell everyone that I was accepted to the University of Virginia.  So, next year, I'll be in the Charlottesville area most of the time.  I hope to be on the Rifle team that they have at UVA.

Matt

Way to GO !!! Matt
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!

Prepare for the best time of your life
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Matt

I won't hold it against you...........UVA needs some gunnuts.  Take advantage of this, and study hard.  You get out of it what you put into.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I won't hold it against you...........UVA needs some gunnuts.  Take advantage of this, and study hard.  You get out of it what you put into.

VTHOKIESHOOTER said it best.  Congrats!

Though I must emphasize:

Virginia Tech wins The Commonwealth Cup VT 52 UVA 14  
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Congrats.

52-14.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Though I must emphasize:

Virginia Tech wins The Commonwealth Cup VT 52 UVA 14  

Good thing I'm not going there for the sports.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Matt

I plan to.  There's no sense in spending all that money for no reason, especially since most of it won't be my money.

Thank you to everyone that has posted so far.

To all the Virginia Tech fans, I thought about going to VT, but they don't have a rifle shooting team, at least one that I know of.  Good school though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Congrats ! SLU class of 1972
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:04:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad to hear the good news!

Decided on a major yet?

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Congrats!!
Have fun, study hard, shoot straight.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Wahoowa!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:51:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Glad to hear the good news!

Decided on a major yet?

Yeah, I want to double major in Biology and Math.  After I'm done at UVA, I want to go to Graduate school to be an Optometrist.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 3:33:44 AM EDT
[#19]

Congrat's young fella, and best of luck to you.  

UVA is a fine school, and you had to be quite a student to be admitted.  

As someone else said - welcome to the best years of your life...
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 2:17:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey man, congrats and welcome aboard!  I'm outta here in August, but feel free to drop me a line if you've any questions.  

Fella named Paul Benneche runs the rifle team.  Really excellent guy.  I went to a few practices but between work and school just didn't have time to get too deep into it.  You can subscribe to their mailing list and it'll give you an idea of what kind of stuff they do:

list.mail.Virginia.EDU/mailman/listinfo/vrpc-interest

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Fella nameed Paul Benneche runs the rifle team.  Really excellent guy.  

Ditto-Mr Benneche is also the treasurer at our local Cville rifle and pistol club: www.rrpc.org
He runs the smallbore league there,IIRC. You'll probably practice there with the UVA club team. They closed the actual on-premises UVA range in 1999 if memory serves.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey man, congrats and welcome aboard!  I'm outta here in August, but feel free to drop me a line if you've any questions.  

Fella named Paul Benneche runs the rifle team.  Really excellent guy.  I went to a few practices but between work and school just didn't have time to get too deep into it.  You can subscribe to their mailing list and it'll give you an idea of what kind of stuff they do:

list.mail.Virginia.EDU/mailman/listinfo/vrpc-interest

I might just have to talk to you some.  I'll probably have a lot of questions between now and next year.

I know who Paul Benneche is, he does a lot of work with the 4H and is at most of the state shoots.  I plan to talk to him in March when we have the State 4H Air Rifle shoot.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Congratulations!

You seemed like a fine young man when I met you at BRD so I have no doubts you'll do VERY well at UVA!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats!

Learn and have fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top