Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 6:51:28 AM EDT
I went to the VCDL link and clicked the VA State PD's link for info. I printed out the form but I still dont know the following:

>Where do I mail the forms to? I only see an address for Non-resident forms.
>What is the fee? I only see two different fees listed
>Do I need the form notarized?
>Who do I make the check out to?

I live in Falls Church and one of my friends now tells me it cant be done over the mail; that I have to go to a Circuit Court to submit it. Does anyone know where I would go [address]? I'd hate to have to spend hours talking on the phone to govt people trying to get an answer.

....if anyone can help, I'd be much obliged. Thanks, Mayday.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.courts.state.va.us/text/courts/circuit/Arlington/home.html

You must go to your circuit court clerk, have $50(no cc's accepted) and fill out the paper work.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Which county do you live in?  When I lived in Falls Church, I was in Fairfax County.  Fiend posted the link for Arlington County.

Here's the link for Fairfax County, if needed.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks a million guys.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#4]
We turned ours in  the other day.  We live in Alexandria and went to the Alexandria City Police station.  The form I downloaded from the State police website is out of date.  There is now another page 6? to designate having your finger print card mailed back or destroyed.  Also page 4? has been updated and they provided us with them both there.  We paid at the court house in old town and got fingerprinted the next day (between 1 and 3 only) at the station.  Had I known that, we could have done it in one day.  The form must be notarized, free at our bank.  Also since I wanted my print card back it required another self addressed stamped envelope.  They might make a copy, but I want the original in my hands.  Destroy it?  UHH Yeah sure.
(1) copy for the court house and (1) for the police.  I understand Fairfax County wants (4) copies.  We were going to submit there, but moved in town before doing so.  Your location may vary.  Almost the best $50 I ever spent.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:12:43 PM EDT
[#5]
You don't have to have it notarized if you wait to sign it until you are at the court clerks office.  Come to think of it, they mave simply notarized it for me.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You don't have to have it notarized if you wait to sign it until you are at the court clerks office.  Come to think of it, they mave simply notarized it for me.  

County Clerk notarized mine as well.

G
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:34:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
We turned ours in  the other day.  We live in Alexandria and went to the Alexandria City Police station.  The form I downloaded from the State police website is out of date.  There is now another page 6? to designate having your finger print card mailed back or destroyed.  Also page 4? has been updated and they provided us with them both there.  We paid at the court house in old town and got fingerprinted the next day (between 1 and 3 only) at the station.  Had I known that, we could have done it in one day.  The form must be notarized, free at our bank.  Also since I wanted my print card back it required another self addressed stamped envelope.  They might make a copy, but I want the original in my hands.  Destroy it?  UHH Yeah sure.
(1) copy for the court house and (1) for the police.  I understand Fairfax County wants (4) copies.  We were going to submit there, but moved in town before doing so.  Your location may vary.  Almost the best $50 I ever spent.

Fairfax County doesn't require fingerprints, and when I got my CCH, you only had to have 2 copies, along with the original forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top