Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
10 am has a line 3 miles long

O.K., earlier or later?
8:30, 12 maybe?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I need to test fire my AR pistol and early sounds good. may be there around 8am or so not to run folks off when I cut the beast open.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I need to test fire my AR pistol and early sounds good. may be there around 8am or so not to run folks off when I cut the beast open.

Sounds like fun, meet you at 8 then?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like fun, meet you at 8 then?

Sure, I will have a tan EoTech hat on.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I think we are going to try and go.  I need to get my AR sighted in.  Can any of you guys help me?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I won't be able to make it.

Have an appointment to pick up a P7 in the AM!!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I am going to try to make it.  Will have a black US Cavalry t-shirt if I do.

tt
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I think we are going to try and go.  I need to get my AR sighted in.  Can any of you guys help me?

I can do it, It's quite easy actually, I'll be there at 8am.  I've some WECSOGing to do as well as practicing some new drills I learned in training............Thanks SIMPLYDYNAMIC!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
10 am has a line 3 miles long

Absolutely no guarantees, of course, but with the advent of nice weather the range seems to have really slowed down.

And tomorrow looks to be an exceptionally nice day weather wise.  

ETA:  Being there at 8:30 when it opens can sometimes backfire since there’s normally a line of regulars waiting for the door to open.

You’re OK unless you happen to be shooter number 13 , at which point you’re suddenly looking at an hour wait (since everyone in front of you just got there).

If you’re going for 8:30, you might want to get there a few minutes early and get in line outside the door.

Alternatively, getting there about 9:20 to 9:30 is generally pretty good since the regulars will all be bailing out at pretty much the same time.

FWIW - as always, though, no guarentees!!  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can do it, It's quite easy actually, I'll be there at 8am.  I've some WECSOGing to do as well as practicing some new drills I learned in training............Thanks SIMPLYDYNAMIC!  

And you can run your Benelli through it's paces..........

Yeah but at the NRA Range you can only shoot slugs.  It worked well with slugs before the new spring.  I'll probably test it out with some 7 1/2s and some reduced buckshot at Shooters sometime next week.  I'll let you know how it runs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

That rifle should be on paper already (I was hitting the armor plates with it at Hite Hollow)
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#14]
See y'all there, I'll be in a black B-17 T-shirt
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That rifle should be on paper already (I was hitting the armor plates with it at Hite Hollow)

Okay then....Afplayboy and someone else was telling me that I needed it sighted in....but if you say it's good to go...

I still need to shoot it anyways.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay then....Afplayboy and someone else was telling me that I needed it sighted in....but if you say it's good to go...

I still need to shoot it anyways.  

It will still need "fine tuning" but it's already close enough to make the job quick and easy.

IIRC, it might need a few click up on the front post, but I don't know how the rear was set up.

You should read this article, and try to do it yourself:

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It will still need "fine tuning" but it's already close enough to make the job quick and easy.

IIRC, it might need a few click up on the front post, but I don't know how the rear was set up.

You should read this article, and try to do it yourself:

groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/improvedbattlesightzero.msnw

It was my A2 upper that I donated to frtloop85s build.  I set it up for the Santose IBZ.  8/3 -2 clicks bottoms out.  Using the small rear aperature zero for approx 1" low at 25yds, then try at 50yds and it should be dead on, if not re-adjust.  This will give a pretty flat trajectory out to 250meters that the bullet will never be more than approx. 2.5" above or below the line of sight.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:48:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Darn the fever!

Was at the gun show in Richmond and finished picking up all the parts for a new Varmit upper, came home and built it and loaded 50 rounds of 193 for it's Birthday shoot.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 2:48:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I won't be able to make it.

Have an appointment to pick up a P7 in the AM!!!!

Must Google that one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top