Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 4:15:02 PM EDT
Any Arfcomers hiked there recently. I will be hiking/climbing the Rag in Oct. and camping nearby.Any suggestions in campgrounds (RV). Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't help you with the camp grounds but the hike is definitely worth it.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can't help you with the camp grounds but the hike is definitely worth it.

Bomber

+1 Went last year with my Bro-In-Law and my Wife.... Great hike with enough obstacles to keep things interesting for a while. Some great views. Just went for a day hike, so no camping info here, sorry.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been a while sience I hiked Old Rag. If I remember correctly it has a nice little rock scramble on part of the trail. And the end of the trail there was a camping area, I beleive it is closed now and you can not stay at the end of the trail.

I haven't been there in at least 5 years so this may be old or wrong information.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#4]
See:

map

'Fraid I don't know of any RV sites nearby, but you definitely are NOT allowed to pitch a tent on Old Rag summit anywhere above 2800 feet. (Bummer -- I use to like nighting-over up there back in the 70's).

Hope you have a good trip.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:54:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input, GUYS

BlackScot, Thank You for the Trail Map.

I hope to post pics and info. later on in Oct.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]

I hiked it a couple of times, but it must have been 20 years ago...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top