Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 5:44:10 AM EDT
This show is notoriously crappy , yet somehow I am drawn to it , being the first show after the ban. Want to go see if anyone has any magazines , or for amusement value of seeing prices on "pre-ban" AR15s.

Anyone else planning on going ?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
No I've order all the mags I want online.  Would be cool to see a lot of no-ban rifles at a show though!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:09:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there at the VCDL table.  Stop by and see us!  -Ed
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Where in Leesburg is it?  Directions from Rt 7 and Catoctin would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
tag.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where in Leesburg is it?  Directions from Rt 7 and Catoctin would be appreciated.

Here's a link to the September ODGS schedule, which includes a map to the site.  It's at the National Guard armory near the airport (little airfield, not Dulles).

www.olddominionshows.com/gunshowsvirginia.asp?Month=9&Year=2004
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's a link to the September ODGS schedule, which includes a map to the site.  It's at the National Guard armory near the airport (little airfield, not Dulles).

www.olddominionshows.com/gunshowsvirginia.asp?Month=9&Year=2004

THANKS!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope the Armory wasn't damaged in the fire!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Fire? haven't heard.

Info?

Chris
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Several structures (supposedly just hangers) were on fire earlier at or near the airport...
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw that earlier, But I didn't see where the reference was to where the airport hangers were on the clip.

thanks for the info and I hope the same, and everyone got out safe.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I'll wait until the october show at the capital expo center.  The last one was pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:58:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think I'll wait until the october show at the capital expo center.  The last one was pretty good.

Yea Me too...Maybe by then the wife will have gotten over the P7M8 I just bought!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#13]
If anyone is bothering to go later today or tomarrow , DON'T there were litterally 5 gun related dealers there 3 people selling guns, 2 selling ammo. This show sucked even compared to the sucky gunshows I have been to in Leesburg .

Squib, if I would of read this earlier I would of gone over to the VCDL table to meet ya .
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If anyone is bothering to go later today or tomarrow , DON'T there were litterally 5 gun related dealers there 3 people selling guns, 2 selling ammo. This show sucked even compared to the sucky gunshows I have been to in Leesburg .

Squib, if I would of read this earlier I would of gone over to the VCDL table to meet ya .

Cool... I was just thinking about stopping by.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:08:44 AM EDT
[#15]
+1 for ANGST...  for taking one for the NOVA fellows..

FMO
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No worries!  I'll catch you next time.  The show was very slow.  THere was a spurt of about 20 people on Sunday, but other than that it was all but dealers only.  Beef jerkey guy didn't even last until noon.  Show attendence (dealers and customers) was surprisingly low.  Hopefully the next one in November will be better, but there are several in between (Dale City, Chantilly, and Bealeton).
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Why does the Leesburg show suck so much? I've been to two of them there, and they both were worse than any other i've been too.
I'm waiting for Chantilly, that rocked last time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:40:00 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
+1 for ANGST...  for taking one for the NOVA fellows..

FMO

You should all chip in to get me in the Chantilly show

More specific gunshow report:

I did see someone at the Leesburg show trying to sell an SP-1 in nice shape for $1550 , I was thinking about offering $950 for it Which I think might be a tad high even for a "collectable" AR

Trader Jerry had a table there too, he was selling Glock mags for $26 or $26.99 , had some other magazines but there was only one guy working and I couldn't get the price on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top