Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 11:39:38 AM EDT
I have Caps tickets posted in the EE.  Didn't think I should post the sale here, but since it's a local interest item, I wanted to at least put the link here.

Caps tix on the EE

About once a year our house league team takes advantage of a program that the Caps promote.  Sell some tickets and have the ice after the Caps game.  It's a blast.  Plus, friends get cheap tickets.

Thanks for looking!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn.  I wish I didn't have to work that night.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately there's a lot of people selling thier Caps tix lately.  :(  I've heard that Ted will give refunds to season ticket holders if you complain enough about how badly the team is doing this year.  

Of course it's great to watch if you're rooting for the other team or just don't care who wins...

If we have other hockey fans in the area, maybe we could have a VA/MD/DC get together sometime later this season.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a hockey nut.  Even when the Caps suck as badly as they do this year, I still cheer for them.  It just pains me to pay $100 (2 tickets, Metro, coupla beers and food) to see them loose.  Even still, I'd be up for a group buy on tickets.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've heard that Ted will give refunds to season ticket holders if you complain enough about how badly the team is doing this year.  

Dude, that sucks big ones.  I can't believe people actually act that way.  Honestly, you pay money to watch the game.  I didn't know that you were paying money for a win.  If I had known this, I would have started buying lottery tickets long ago.  "Excuse me, Miss...this is another loser.  I'd like a refund, please."

The country is full of fair-weather fans, though.  It's the same way with the minor league hockey team I used to follow (Roanoke Express).  Their attendance was fairly good a few years ago when they had successive division titles.  Now it is difficult to get butts in the seat.  Even worse, they're almost literally pulling a Slap Shot.  The team is so gooney you'd figure John Brophy had joined as coach.  Indeed, the downtown billboards feature a bloodly player with the tagline, "Aggressive hockey is back."  I don't mind the occassional brawl...it's hockey.  Nevertheless, I did pay to watch a game, not Jerry Springer.

Sorry to rant.  Incidentally, I hear that Paul Newman's character in Slap Shot was based on John Brophy.  Figure that...  Brophy was actually banned from the Express Civic Center for a season or two after he spit on a child following a game.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dude, that sucks big ones.  I can't believe people actually act that way.  Honestly, you pay money to watch the game.  I didn't know that you were paying money for a win.  If I had known this, I would have started buying lottery tickets long ago.  "Excuse me, Miss...this is another loser.  I'd like a refund, please."

I couldn't agree more and I get sick of the people act like that.

BTW, the game you're selling tix for should be pretty good.  The 'Canes are a division rival so both teams should put out a good effort.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top