Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 2:35:14 PM EDT
Anyone planning on going to this show?  I think I might zip down Saturday morning to check it out.

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
7, where is this one at?

Danny
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Showplace.
I will try to make it Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have my fingers crossed to make it Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:26:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Nope, I'm paintballing on Saturday. Church on Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I am going to try to get up there first thing Saturday morning. I am going to have to be back down my way by the early afternoon. Maybe we can setup a meet time for everyone to say hi.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:12:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Im there
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be working at DeGoff's on Saturday, so stop on in and say hi to the big guy with the goatee.

I'll be at the show on Sunday....but honestly don't know what I really need.......
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'll be working at DeGoff's on Saturday, so stop on in and say hi to the big guy with the goatee.

I'll be at the show on Sunday....but honestly don't know what I really need.......

If I have the time, I may try to stop by and say hello. Well, that and to tease you for not coming last weekend. I do hope that you were at least able to accomplish everything you needed to.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I have the time, I may try to stop by and say hello. Well, that and to tease you for not coming last weekend. I do hope that you were at least able to accomplish everything you needed to.

Same here
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 5:42:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Most likely be there Saturday morning. Any of the NOVA crew heading there then ?
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#11]
So do we want to pick a time for Saturday morning to meet and say hi? How does 11:00am around the VCDL booth sound?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 4:49:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So do we want to pick a time for Saturday morning to meet and say hi? How does 11:00am around the VCDL booth sound?

I'll wear a red carnation

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:52:26 AM EDT
[#13]
As usual, I'll be at the VCDL booth.  Make sure you stop by and say hi.

Tim, what time do you guys open?  I'll probably have to come in the morning because I have almost no volunteers in the afternoon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Saturdays we're there from 9am to 6pm.

Hope to see you Omar, I was wondering where the hell you'd gotten to!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

hey dude, you're the boss's son.  you sold me the taurus tracker in .357 magnum.  your shop is super cool.  the gun is super great.  the price is cool too.

your tiny little brother sold me a beasty looking mak90, aka asianthug47.  it is the best thing i spent money on.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#16]
hey guys,

i am new to this forum and to gun too.  i'll try to be at the show this saturday.  it is kinda far.

i don't know any of you here, but like to meet and talk to some nice folks. i like to get some help picking up a sar1 if that is possible.  i like to get a good used one for around 200 bucks, with no cant and stuff.  if you guys can help, that will be great.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Asianthug, that was Rodney, he's the tall goofy looking guy with a blue mohawk and a goatee no mustache.

I'm just the big guy with the "full" goatee thing going on.

Usually wear either:

Springfield Armory M1911A1 Stainless
SIG P226
CZ-75B

Glad you liked the shop, stop back my anytime and welcome to the forum!
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#18]
ANGST

I'll be there. I'm bringing a buddy with me. He wants to look for a SAR 3. I'm going to try to look for a TA11C for my AR10.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm going to be in Ashland on Sunday racing my mountain bike but I doubt I'll be able to make it over to the Showplace before it wraps up
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I'll be there Saturday afternoon around 2:30.  I'm pretty easy to spot, most always wear desert bdu pants on the weekends, have almost full sleeves of tattoos on both arms and I'll have my blonde 4 year old boy by my side.  So anyone here sees me, feel free to say hello.

Tim, how was the trip?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#21]
see you guys there.  i won't be able to get a lot of stuffs though because i just picked up a few guns at the store.

i am becoming a gun addict.  i won't be able to stop until i have more guns than nra museum.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#22]
i'll be the asian guy with shaved head.  will have a red shirt and baggy pants on.  welcome to come and say hi to me.  i won't shoot.  haha.

ever more welcome to give me some tips on making deals at gun show.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:02:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Brad, the trip was good, my wife and I spent two weeks together travelling from London up to Edinburgh, Scotland.  I was able to walk around some old family estates in Fife County, Scotland and that was amazing.

I'm going back to visit her in November.  She'll be over there until the mid part of December.

Hope to see you up at the shop on Satuday man!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I'll be there.  I'll be wearing my ar15.com T-shirt, and most likely walking around with VA-gunnut.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Ok, who brought home the chick the the camo bikini?

All I bought were two springs and a mag. (Trying to cure my bad luck at the 3 gun match at the BRD)
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:33:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Chim, sorry I didn't stop by like I said I would before I left. My son hit the perverbial brick wall and went from sweet little kid to fussy octopus in about 2 seconds flat!

I saw a couple things that I wished I had the $$ for right then, say the Springfield 1911 A1 .45 for $365 or the P22 3.4"bbl for 204 (to match the one I have), the 5" bbl P22 for $250 etc. Georgia arms wated $190 for 1k .223, seemed a bit high from what I've heard. Couldn't have carried that and my son at the same time anyhow.

On the bright side I snagged two Colt 30 rounders for $20. Well the floor plates said colt and the mags were in good condition, straight lips and all.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Met Omar there and was able to converse briefly with him.  Unfortunately, the 4 year old had pretty much had his fill by the time our paths crossed.  Still was nice meeting someone from the board.

Picked up some ammo and that's about it.  Oh yeah, and a high speed, low drag tactical sierra mist was enjoyed by my boy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Junior_gunnut and I managed to squeeze in a couple of hours at the show. We got to talk to PonyDriver, Chimborazo, and Templar, but didn't see anyone else. I picked up a few goodies, but didn't find any great deals.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#29]
It was a good day today.  Saw PONY_DRIVER, VA-gunnut, Junior_Gunnut, driftpunch, and met Brad86 for the first time.  I also managed to sneek out and talk to Templar for a bit.

You guys are lucky...you all have some beautiful children (even if they make you leave early)!!

I have to work tomorrow at my day job, but I should be back at the Showplace by 1:00 at the latest.  So if you're there, please stop by and say hi.  

Even if there isn't another shoot soon, we should try and do a get together at a restaraunt one evening.

We could also go to Dominion for a little informal shooting (for all you Metro Richmond peeps).

Take care!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:28:58 PM EDT
[#30]
So any real good deals?  Did Quantico Arms have a table?  I burned up a lot of my .223/5.56 at the BRD, need to pick up some more, but not Georgia Arms at $190.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I missed the show because of something else I was working on.  I was planning on getting some GA Canned Heat for 140 a 1k but you now say it is 190?  Yeow.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#32]
i had fun.  i didn't see the chick in cammo though.  i heard people talked about it; it sounded like she is a tease.  i saw a lot of hot chicks with tits almost spilled out of their shirt.  for a moment, i was living sin by looking at them instead of those mad assault rifle.

did anyone stop by the stand where they had all those hk, fal, ar15, and ak47.  all of those were listed as preban.  i didn't know an ak47 can go over 2000.  they're chinese too.  i briefly look into the interior and didn't see any thing different from the asianthug47 i got from degoff gun shop.  i actually like my asianthug (ak47) much better.

i bought 3 guns, but i wish i had more money to spend.  there was this shop called trade jerry, they had a lot of low price taurus and glock i wanted.  i live about 73 miles from that place, so i may not come back tomorrow.  i wanted the glock 17 and 37 going for 429 and 449, respectively.  they're good deal if they're new.  well, the glock 37 got to be new because it just arrived to a few shops.  i stopped by ammunitionstore.com and couldn't find any ammo for that, so i didn't get it.  i wish i had more money.

the guns i got today are taurus tracker 627 in .367 magnum with 6.5 inches barrel.  it is the exact gun as i got from degoff.  i wanted a pair but couldn't get it back then due to the law.  now i have 2.  they're cool.  the second gun i got was from dark sun supply and it is the saiga hunting rifle in ak47 round.  i wanted the the one in .308, but the price is more.  i have no plan hunting at the moment, so i'll stick with something i have plenty of ammo for.  the third gun i got was the eagle arm ar15 from quantico arm.  the price is just right, 600 bucks.  i got them to lower it from 667 bucks.  

as i mentioned earlier, i wish i had more money to spend.  i wanted those glock and the springfield xd frame for under 500 bucks.  that is a sweet deal.  i would appreciate if anyone can give me information about that store.  their price seem low.  i wonder if their prodcuts aren't not good enough for regular gun shop.  i know walmart guns are consider lower qualified than those of sporting good stores even when we compare exactly make and model.  it has something to do with the life span of the barrel maker and which order the rifle was made.  i think the later the production, the less likely the barrel will last as long as extended.  it seem strange to me because ruger has the 1 millionth edition of its gun for super high price.  it was pulled out of production to be decorated with all kind of stuffs.

i didn't see anyone with ar15.com shirt.  i didn't have a chance to talk to the nra people.  i wanted a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:38:49 PM EDT
[#33]
did anyone see this young asian guy with shaved head and had the ammunitionstore.com shirt on?  he is super cooooool.  he's me.  haha.  i picked up a lot of ammo and they gave me the shirt.  i had to went out the car and put all my guns there.  i was weird walking around with 3 guns at one time and 2k of ak47 and 10 50rounds box of .357 magnum.  i had a mishap when some shop owner thought i just walked away with his gun.  it was my gun i just bought.  luckily, i had the receipt with me right there to prove that i just got it from another stand.  that was not cool at all.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:39:18 AM EDT
[#34]
i missed the show myself because i was sorta "required" to hobnob with the elite over at the int'l Grand Prix at the Plains. Good food, nice weather, but i certainly felt like i didn't belong. Besides everybody was wearing these strange outfits kinda like from a movie set. Although, i didn't know that they rode horses on some sort of a cross country layout replete with water crossings. If it where enduro bikes or mountain bikes, i would have enjoyed it more.
BUT I had a buddy pick me up some vital and essential stuff like ammo cans and paracord  so i'm happy LOL. I wanted him to pick me up some Talon 50 bmg but everybody sells them by the 150rnd can, 'cording to my friend.

Asianthug - Folks like Trader Jerry are legit. Between him and the Dark Sun guys, I must have bought at least half a dozen guns through the years.

DD
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:43:50 AM EDT
[#35]
Had her in my sights, but being too old for her it must have been to some one with a higher salary. She was a knock out Blond!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:51:03 AM EDT
[#36]
The show was excellent; I dropped over 2k for projects I am working on. Purchased a cold steel trail master 16 inch carbon blade, old style off a guy for 100.00. Heck the knife is brand new and retail is over 450.00, he was just wondering around with it in the box and asked me if I was interested, looked it over and had to pick it up. Also at the end of the day I found a fellow with an AR preban Beta drum magazine,  with the old receipt, 225.00 cash.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Chim, sorry I didn't stop by like I said I would before I left. My son hit the perverbial brick wall and went from sweet little kid to fussy octopus in about 2 seconds flat!

I saw a couple things that I wished I had the $$ for right then, say the Springfield 1911 A1 .45 for $365 or the P22 3.4"bbl for 204 (to match the one I have), the 5" bbl P22 for $250 etc. Georgia arms wated $190 for 1k .223, seemed a bit high from what I've heard. Couldn't have carried that and my son at the same time anyhow.

On the bright side I snagged two Colt 30 rounders for $20. Well the floor plates said colt and the mags were in good condition, straight lips and all.

Didnt make the show, took the kids to KD for fear feast.

Who had the P22 fo 204?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Slim's correct! I figgured $150 or so for a thou but $190? Forget it I'll pass.

RobertM.

IIRC it was Dark Star Arms. They had a "Walther Blowout" $204 for the 3.4" $250 for the 5" bbl. They also had the Springfield 1911 A1 for $365! I tell you what if I didn't have my son sitting on my shoulders I would have bought a couple of thins from them.

On a side note I saw Yugo SKS's for $124 but one romanian for $250, is that what a Romanian usually goes for?

Additionally right after I got there someone ~5'7-8" kinda heavyset longinsh curly black hair said something to me about my arfcom shirt. If anyone knows who it was tell em sorry! I wasn't really paying much attention and just answered them and then blew em off. My bad! (It was between the VCDL and NRA tables).
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone see the massive amounts of banger wannabees toting their new shotguns and exhibiting excellent trigger discipline?  You know it was bad when my 4 year old says something about it.  I was quite proud of him for even noticing.

Omar, let's do this eat and/or shoot thing.  Anyone else up for it?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Omar, let's do this eat and/or shoot thing. Anyone else up for it?

I'm in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Walther P22 for $204? Please excuse me while I go kick my own ass. Damn @%$*&, why did'nt I go?

Danny
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:28:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I did notice many of them, 2 were trying a straw purchase untill a off duty trooper put a stop to it at Jerrys table. The sales guys were so busy they were not able to pick up what was going on untill the trooper flashed some steel and told the skinny on what they were doing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#43]
My favorite was the guy with the "street sweeper" walking around, holding it by his side and pulling the trigger.  

Anyhooooo, I will offer my backyard and back porch for the food part of the get together.  Decent enough sized yard and porch and we can fit a few hundred pounds of fresh meat on my uber-man Tim Taylor signature 3 burner grill.  The shooting part won't work though as the neighbors tend not to like it when caps get busted in da hood.  I do have a place for the shooting though and providing I can finish the clearing of the brush soon enough, we can use it.  

So how about we all put our heads together, make a big hollow noise, and come up with a couple of dates for this grill/shoot fest/fiasco?

Or we can do it sooner and have a grill/help Brad clear brush and shitass smallish trees/shoot fest.  Hell, if we could do that, then I might consider getting my concealed/carry permit and running for Pres. again.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#44]
dark sun got this hot chick salegirl wearing the light blue shirt on saturday.  she's super hot.  they got those yugo sks for 124.  yeah, i paid 149.99 just 1 week earlier at green top.  i thought i had a deal since aimsurplus got them for 169 before shipping and ffl cost.  

yeah, the walther p22 for 204 was a sweet deal.  unfortunately, i didn't have money to buy everything i like.  dark sun got the S&W 500 for 750.  of course, it is brand freaking new.  take that desert eagle!!!  the guy with long hair and pony tail didn't even put it on the table for people to look it because, even though it drew a lot of attention, it mainly got distract people from looking at other guns they had.  good tatic though.

i wanted to get those ar15 top receiver so bad, but i am pretty new to ar15, so i decided to pick one up the entire gun from quantico arm because i live only 60 miles from them in northern virginia.  other places is either out of state or way to far for me to deal with in case something isn't working.  i'll let you know how the gun work after i go to chicohomany next weekend.  man, i hate having to drive 120 miles just to go shooting.  that sucks.  there is a shooting clubs less than 5 miles from my house, but they want me to buy 4 shares of stock in addition to the annual membership fee.  the membership fee is cheap, but the stock is kinda high.  since i don't know how long i'll be staying around this liberal land, i passed them up.  most member only use the range 5 times a year to sight in their hunting rifle.  there are a lot of "hunter type" of member there, so i doubt me and my asianthug47 will be at home.  

i should be kicking myself in the ass for not saving enough money for those walther p22 and some s&w revolvers or glock.  i wanted them bad.  trade jerry got good deal.  no offend to any dealers here, but those guns are cheaper than dealer value.  of course, dealers got overhead cost of keeping the place open.  :>)

i saw a bunch of rip off tables though.  like everything in life, you get shit among ice cream.  i saw some firing pin for my asianthug47 going for 50 bucks.  what the fuck???  ak47 part kit can be had for 99 bucks from centerfire system.  the ad says brand new, but the kit is actually quite rough.  still, it looks better than the one at the show.  some people think they can put "pre-ban" on anything and charge people like mad.  no wonder they have the same shit there with no customer.  same goes for the people with bunch of "pre-ban" h&k and ak47.  i didn't see anyone buying form them the whole day.  charging someone 3 or 4k for a used up h&k tend to win you little customers.

when is the next show?  please im me ok.  i got to get that walther p22 next time.  :>)
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#45]
i saw those banger wannabe too.  they tried to steel a couple of saiga ak hunter chambering .308 from dark sun table.  it was like 6 of them in 2 group of 2 and 4.  the two guys would act like they try to buy something to distract the sale people, then the 4 would crowd up and snatch one off the table.  the saleman with long ponytail told one dude to keept the gun in clear view on the table cuz the guy was like holding it underneath the cardboard boxes.  there are lot of stands keeping their handguns untied and wiht no alarm.  i wouldn't be surprise if a bunch of people crowd the table and snatch one off the table.  some shops just don't have enough people to see everything.  i am sure ammunitionsore.com table loose some ammo cuz they only got 2 people and a lot of ammo to watch for.  they had the showcase way up in teh sky.  3 boxes missing and they won't be able to detect them.  

i hate those people making us look bad.  i saw the big black dude with the tactical shotgun walking around like he just join the somalian rebel forces.  i also saw this chubby white dude in his 40s walking around with a saiga ak47 with a drum attach.  how the hell people suppose to know it is loaded or not?  gun safety should be practiced at all time, not just at the range or at home... just my 3 cents cuz i like to leave tips.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#46]
I should have checked here before the show, I was there early Sat but didn't see anyone that I met at the Black Rifle event. Sorry I missed you guys.
I also didn't see the blond model with the artificial tan. Yeah Right! : )

Did buy some Canned Heat 223 55gr, $150/1000 from Georgia Arms and a Lula elsewhere and have been having a ball. That Lula is great!

Dark Sun Surplus is located off of RT 60 just West of Pohite Parkway in Chesterfield County.
If anyone wants the phone number e-mail me, I'd rather not post it. Rod or David or both are there during the week, David is the one with the ponytail. I've purchased several firearms from them between shows.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:19:07 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I should have checked here before the show, I was there early Sat but didn't see anyone that I met at the Black Rifle event. Sorry I missed you guys.
I also didn't see the blond model with the artificial tan. Yeah Right! : )

Did buy some Canned Heat 223 55gr, $150/1000 from Georgia Arms and a Lula elsewhere and have been having a ball. That Lula is great!

Dark Sun Surplus is located off of RT 60 just West of Pohite Parkway in Chesterfield County.
If anyone wants the phone number e-mail me, I'd rather not post it. Rod or David or both are there during the week, David is the one with the ponytail. I've purchased several firearms from them between shows.

I did'nt make it to the show Dan , but would like to say it was nice meeting a Ol'timer who loves our sport .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top