Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 10:51:47 PM EDT
Christmas is just around the corner. I had so much fun and learned so much building my FAL's that I want to do it again.
Now before you all go and bum rush me, remember this project broke the bank. Next build won't be for a few months, but these things take planning; Sooooo what's it gonna be:
Ak 47
AR 15
FAL
G3
Other????
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 4:23:36 AM EDT
[#1]
If my $ is right I would like a to build a AK.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Shi7, I don't know. I missed out on the FAL build and still wish I could do one eventually.

Also on my list of to (build) do:

AR15

Pick one and if my $$$ is available I'm interested!

--LS
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#3]
To be truthfull every single one of these is on my "to do list", and I plan on setting up and dedicating an area in my home exclusively for build parties, but for now I want an AK and another FAL. So that is my vote for the next party.
Heck, even if I don't build either next, I will be happy just  meeting alot of you.
Everyones input is much appreciated and wanted so let me know what you think about my idea.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I need a nice AK.....
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I voted for the AK, god knows why.  I don't like em and my MAK90 is a jammomatic...i think i have a sickness.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I voted for the FAL.  In fact, I have my "grocery list" right here, which Cliffy has been kind enough to help me work through.  Will probably order parts starting Monday.

But no biggie if you don't do the FALs at the next one.  I can find someone to help me put it together.  Heck, I may even stop by to fondle what everyone else is building.  

BTW--What's a WECSOG?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Wile E. Coyote School of Gunsmithing
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW--What's a WECSOG?
the reference is to the cartoon like antics that can result from folks doing their own gunsmithing you know like having a wrench give way and smack you in the face while the vise snaps and drops on your foot...i know when you say it that way it doesn't sound that funny.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...i know when you say it that way it doesn't sound that funny.

Oh yeayeayea...that's just before the liberal application of obscenities only slightly masked by the laughter of those around you.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Besides the FAL anyone have any experience building any of these guns?
Experience in a previous build would be almost a necessary factor in putting together another build party.
BTW it seems we may already have another FAL build on the way as seen in another post in the VA forums.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:49:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I've built ARs, not that that means anything. A blind monkey could build an AR, and if you puruse the buildit section you'll realize they often do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top