Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 7:29:07 PM EDT
I have a friend living in Fairfax.  She's looking for a place to try out a Sig P230 and/or (possibly) a Walther P5.

Can anyone recommend a good range that rents handguns?  Also, can anyone recommend a good shop or FFL that has low transfer fees?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
well she might want to think about the p232 instead.  it is the improved version of the p230.  i know that blue ridge arsenal has one in their rental case.  their website is down right now.  but they are in chantilly--near dulles expo.  shooters paradise down in woodbridge has rental guns but i don't know about their selection.  

i don't know about transfer fees but after buying a handgun from blue ridge and virginia arms in manassas, i have found that the latter has better prices, customer service, employees, and selection.  

it is really a shame she is thinking about a p232 though as i sold one about 4 months ago.  i suggest she put hogue grips on it if she buys it.  they are nice little pistols.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#2]
And dont forget Gilberts in Newington for the range rentals...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
No doubt we'll have some of the local ladies chime in, but VA Arms out here in Manassas has a great selection, decent prices and a professional staff that won't make her feel uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:25:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget Quantico Arms down in Woodbridge!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:15:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't forget Quantico Arms down in Woodbridge!

i knew i was forgetting someone.  i always forget someone.  and for some reason i didn't think gilberts was still open.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup, still open.  I go through there on my beat.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Va Arms for no BS friendly service.

NRA range to try it out.

Forget Gilberts
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

NRA range to try it out.

Forget Gilberts

Care to elaborate?  

VArms' selection and service speak for itself.  Still, no shop- it included- is perfect.  

Gilbert's selection (especially of EBRs) isn't generally as good as VArms, but at least it has a range on premises.   And its handgun selection is nothing to snuff at.  

However, the NRA range is really a great range.   Now if only they'd double the number of lanes........  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:43:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NRA range to try it out.

Forget Gilberts

Care to elaborate?  

VArms' selection and service speak for itself.  Still, no shop- it included- is perfect.  

Gilbert's selection (especially of EBRs) isn't generally as good as VArms, but at least it has a range on premises.   And its handgun selection is nothing to snuff at.  

However, the NRA range is really a great range.   Now if only they'd double the number of lanes........  

The poster is talking about a female shooter.

My experience has been that the staff at Gilberts has and does treat female shooters with FAR less respect than they would to a male shooter with smilar experience.

While I used to be a member there to shoot my handguns, (it IS closer to where I live), after having seen how they treated both my wife as well as another new female shooter, I would never take another new female shooter there again.

My .02
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#10]
shooters paradise www.shootersparadise.com in woodbridge is a good range for me. Not sure about rentals but they allow up to .50 cal and you can bring your own ammo.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
shooters paradise www.shootersparadise.com in woodbridge is a good range for me. Not sure about rentals but they allow up to .50 cal and you can bring your own ammo.

They have a decent selection of rentals. Only ones I can recall off the top of my head are glocks and 1911s.
Top Top