Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2023 3:26:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dollarbillme]
US Cellular seems to be going to shit.  Who's the go to cell provider these days for down state coverage?

Link Posted: 5/21/2023 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
We've been using Patriot for nearly a year.  Love it!  I think around $60 a month with 40gig. and a hotspot that we need.  Mention our recommendation and we get a free month or some such...They invest in good stuff like promoting conservative school boards...no woke crap!
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SwanHunter:
We've been using Patriot for nearly a year.  Love it!  I think around $60 a month with 40gig. and a hotspot that we need.  Mention our recommendation and we get a free month or some such...They invest in good stuff like promoting conservative school boards...no woke crap!
View Quote

I believe they used to be on the Sprint network, now on T-Mobile. Do they still have the NRA member discount?
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure about NRA discount.  We were with Verizon for over a decade and we seem to have better coverage now.  Seem to be more customer friendly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.   I have been with US Cellular since I got my first flip phone.   Cost is not an issue, but their coverage has been crap this year.  I loose service in and around Bloomington, and had no service in Indy during NRA.  Just last week, I was driving along and dropped a call and looked at my phone and saw the circle with a line through it.

I am considering T Mobile or Verizon, but wanting some real world user feedback other than their advertised coverage maps.

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Patriot has provided better coverage for us than Verizon especially traveling out West.  They are a conservative company that I appreciate knowing profits aren't going to causes I disagree with.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
T-mobile has been a desert in Nebraska, but they are picking up on building their network there. Usually starting at the county seats and working out.
Just to be clear, Patriot is an MVNO which is using the T-Mobile network.
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I have traveled the whole country for IT work. A good deal driving to multiple locations to close to fly.

I have had the best over all luck with AT&T. and VMNO's that used AT&T network. I have had zero problems.

I have had anything from Blackberry phones that had my corporation ties in to their mainframe to receive service calls to flip phones to anroid to apple now.

Most people who have had signal problem is due to their phone or case. I've been standing next to people who couldnt make a call but I had great service. I had a candy bar type phone that received zero signal next to anothe phone that had service. (I had two lines for a while)

T-Mobile works great but does have dead spots. My house is one. Even though AT&T and Tmobile have towers close by.

US Cellular was good too but I had (have) problems with billing after I looked it over. That was back when you had plans and I went over almos every month. Example: 3-5-7 years I got a notice my bill wasnt paid in full. Last time I basically said I would sue if they put it on my credit. They said they removed it but shwed up every couple years.

My ssiter has verizon that did not work at my house but has since improved
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KingC:
T-mobile has been a desert in Nebraska, but they are picking up on building their network there. Usually starting at the county seats and working out.
Just to be clear, Patriot is an MVNO which is using the T-Mobile network.
View Quote

MVNO?
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 2:49:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Citadel:

MVNO?
View Quote

Mobile virtual network operator. Either a company like AT&T runs another company like Cricket. Usually much cheaper. Or someone like Puretalk piggybacks on their network. Again much cheaper. I think unlimited is like 55.00 on Puretalk compared to AT&T
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top