Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2018 2:53:29 PM EDT
I have to admit, it caught my attention.

Made me laugh. I appreciated the message.

We going to primary Rauner?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZwKZf2jtHI
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:05:41 PM EDT
[#3]
This HTF used to be active. What happened?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This HTF used to be active. What happened?
View Quote
Its election season, and its easier to ignore the inevitable by not showing up here as much?
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 7:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
This ad is very disappointing.  Ives is a very conservative legislator but doesn't stand a chance in the election due to unpopularity in Chicago and no $$war chest.
Most of the items listed in this ad are untrue...
Even the abortion reference (which the Governor owns) is misleading...The bill he signed only allowed Medicaid and some state worker recipients to have abortion paid for.
Referring to the "sanctuary state", the law enforcement agencies supported the bill and it did not make this a sanctuary state.
The burly guy going to the girls restroom it based on a bill the governor signed that allowed individuals have their birth certificates amended after having a certified medical or mental healthcare professional sign off that they had received treatment for gender reassignment.  Had nothing to do with restrooms.
Rauner fought the tax increase and tried to get some tax reforms included but he didn't received enough support from the Republicans to get it done.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This ad is very disappointing.  Ives is a very conservative legislator but doesn't stand a chance in the election due to unpopularity in Chicago and no $$war chest.
Most of the items listed in this ad are untrue...
Even the abortion reference (which the Governor owns) is misleading...The bill he signed only allowed Medicaid and some state worker recipients to have abortion paid for.
Referring to the "sanctuary state", the law enforcement agencies supported the bill and it did not make this a sanctuary state.
The burly guy going to the girls restroom it based on a bill the governor signed that allowed individuals have their birth certificates amended after having a certified medical or mental healthcare professional sign off that they had received treatment for gender reassignment.  Had nothing to do with restrooms.
Rauner fought the tax increase and tried to get some tax reforms included but he didn't received enough support from the Republicans to get it done.
View Quote
I have no info to support or refute any of this ... my comment is that as a citizen who just wants to be informed, this kind of advertising makes me want to fire EVERY politician. It's unconscionable that she would run such deceptive ads, especially against her 'own' party. Don't these jamokes realize that everything they say after endorsing this type of drivel is suspect??
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#7]
It's unconscionable that she would run such deceptive ads, especially against her 'own' party. Don't these jamokes realize that everything they say after endorsing this type of drivel is suspect??
View Quote
Exactly...All she is doing is playing into the Dem's campaign by handing them a candidate that she has already deceitfully vilified making it even easier to get a democrat in the Gov. office!
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I voted for her in the primary.

She has a 93% from the NRA and is against a bump stock ban. I don't own a bump stock but banning them is retarded.

I don't trust Rauner...especially after he fucked over my profession.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#9]
What is your profession?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:13:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Rauner is sunk. There is not a damn thing that Ives does or doesn't do that is going to change that.

Many of his perceived shortcomings are the result of intentional sabotage by Madigan, but he also did plenty to alienate conservatives without Madigans help.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:47:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is your profession?
View Quote
Pharmacist. There was an article in a Chicago paper about some investigative reporting in pharmacies regarding prescriptions that interact being bypassed and filled by pharmacists that are overworked. The pharmacy board, under directions from him, made some changes. They instituted mandatory counseling on just about every prescription (except refills basically). Which means when someone is rung out I am constantly being pulled away from my work to go over the medication with them. Sounds good on paper right? Not so much if you are concerned about accuracy and overworking pharmacists anymore than they already are (as I am the only pharmacist on duty).

They also looked at mandatory breaks, limiting pharmacist working hours, and limiting number of prescriptions filled per day but decided making us work harder and causing more distractions was the correct answer.

The original issue from the article was never a problem at my chain because I can pick which prescriptions I need to counsel on if there is a DUR (can't be released without my badge).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top