Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2013 11:37:32 AM EDT
So as we wait for the powers that be to get everything in order for Illinois's CCW.  
What about us who have Non-Res. CCW from states like Utah and Florida, etc.?  
Can we still carry outside of Illinois or are we F'ed until we get our own IL-CCW?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 11:49:50 AM EDT
[#1]
What would keep you from CCW outside of illinois ?

What I want to know. Since this is now law, can we carry a loaded firearm in the car if you have a out of state permit ?
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 12:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What I want to know. Since this is now law, can we carry a loaded firearm in the car if you have a out of state permit ?

IF you are a resident of another state with a CCW yes.... since you are an IL resident. no.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]
no reciprocity...
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IF you are a resident of another state with a CCW yes.... since you are an IL resident. no.

Discrimination  

IMO IL residents with NR CCW should be allowed car carry  like our Out of State Brothers

In before the next Law suite

Any volunteers for test case, I'll chip in the first $20 for legal fund
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#5]
When we wrote 997, we gave a "grace period" of a year for IL residents with non-resident carry permits.  Our thinking is that it would have relieved the mad rush to get folks trained and licensed...
Believe me, when the Madigan bill was being crafted, and we were apprised of the "non-resident gets it now" provision, we (IllinoisCarry) were quick to point it out but obviously, our objections never changed the wording in the final bill.
Link Posted: 7/10/2013 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So as we wait for the powers that be to get everything in order for Illinois's CCW.  
What about us who have Non-Res. CCW from states like Utah and Florida, etc.?  
Can we still carry outside of Illinois or are we F'ed until we get our own IL-CCW?

No reciprocity means carry on.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When we wrote 997, we gave a "grace period" of a year for IL residents with non-resident carry permits.  Our thinking is that it would have relieved the mad rush to get folks trained and licensed...
Believe me, when the Madigan bill was being crafted, and we were apprised of the "non-resident gets it now" provision, we (IllinoisCarry) were quick to point it out but obviously, our objections never changed the wording in the final bill.

Because I was under the idea that there was a law passed a year or two back that stopped people from getting Non-Resident CCWs and carrying in there own state.  
Which I understand.  But that was written when IL did not have there own CCW.

Well I just want to be legal when I travel out of IL.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 6:55:40 AM EDT
[#8]

nothing has changed as far as non-resident permits...If the state you are traveling in recognizes the permit you posses, you are good.
Illinois doesn't recognize anyone's permit but our own future permit for residents.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

nothing has changed as far as non-resident permits...If the state you are traveling in recognizes the permit you posses, you are good.
Illinois doesn't recognize anyone's permit but our own future permit for residents.

Ok got it.  So as long as IL doesn't recognize any other states permits our Non-Resident permits are still good.  Cool.
Link Posted: 7/11/2013 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Best of luck, Illinois residents!
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok got it.  So as long as IL doesn't recognize any other states permits our Non-Resident permits are still good.  Cool.
View Quote

What IL does or does not do is completely irrelevant.

Nothing that has happened restricts your carry in other states.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top