Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 5:52:42 AM EDT
I am watching TV news as I work on my computer and i caught the end of a "breaking story" saying "the entire Cook County Police Force fired..." and I missed the rest.

What the heck is going on in Cook County and who are the County Police? They MUST be different than the sherrifs as they said the police force numbers in the 80s.....

efxguy
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:13:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, now that the evil guns are out of the county, there is no need for officers.

Ahhhhh, such a wonderful world we live in where because the law is supreme, and what passes, everybody listens to.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:15:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Big thanks for the link.

So if I get this right, there is (was) a security force for Cook County Hospital that was actually a Police force that has been disbanded? And now the hospital will be guarded by a private securuty force....

Why did County Hospital need their own police force anyway? It sounds like a real patronage thing to me....help Stroger out: get a badge?

Hmmmm....Cook County governement seems faw worse than City government to me.

efxguy
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:14:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

efxguy

The Rule of Emperor Toad is a preview of what Shitcago will be like when Daley is gone and we get an Emil Jones type running the place. You thought Daley was bad? He is, but I predict that 3-5 years after Daley is gone Shitcago will look like Gary or Detroit. The good news for us suburbanites is that they will be so fucked up that they will only be able to pass laws that affect Shitcago and Crook County. The new mayor will not have the statewide influence Daley does. So if we can hold off as AWB until Daley is gone, the rest of Illannoy will be safer from idiotic legislation. The city will become a cesspool and a jungle, but frankly, I don't care. I'm hoping that things change the way I want with my job and I will be able to move to Georgia or Texas in 2-4 years.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Why did County Hospital need their own police force anyway? It sounds like a real patronage thing to me....help Stroger out: get a badge?

Long time way for political contributors to be "rewarded" and get CCW as "LEO's", while denying us peons. The Park Districts, being separate taxing bodies, also had PDs. The Crook Co. Sherriff's Department had "reserve deputies" up until several years ago. IIRc one of them got into it while intoxicated.

A few years back the IL legislature chaged the requirements for reserve LEO's, effectively banning the practice unless they went through the equivalent amount of training hours as a "regular / full-time" LEO. It put an end to a lot of patronage badges out there.

efxguy

2 sides of the same plugged nickel.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

efxguy

The Rule of Emperor Toad is a preview of what Shitcago will be like when Daley is gone and we get an Emil Jones type running the place. You thought Daley was bad? He is, but I predict that 3-5 years after Daley is gone Shitcago will look like Gary or Detroit. The good news for us suburbanites is that they will be so fucked up that they will only be able to pass laws that affect Shitcago and Crook County. The new mayor will not have the statewide influence Daley does. So if we can hold off as AWB until Daley is gone, the rest of Illannoy will be safer from idiotic legislation. The city will become a cesspool and a jungle, but frankly, I don't care. I'm hoping that things change the way I want with my job and I will be able to move to Georgia or Texas in 2-4 years.

I never thought abotu that, but I bet (and hope to hell) that you are right.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

efxguy

Plus one million. I couldn't agree more, you are right on the money. Daley is sort of like the Sadaam of Chicago. When Dickey goes, Chicago will implode and collapse upon itself. Yuppies will owe millions on real estate that will be worthless, I won't lose any sleep over it.

When an Emil Jones type takes the regins, they will be able to accomplish absolutely nothing and it will be like it used to be in the 70's and 80's. Good for the suburbs, horrible for the city.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top