Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 12:53:22 PM EDT
So is the range officialy open on the 31st ?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
OOps , Isent a IM to the wrong person, a while back.    Sorry Ron45.

Ya want some cardboard?  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'm going the 31st
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it going to be open Friday through Monday like last year?  The web site says Saturday and Sunday at the top and further down says Fri to Mon.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is it going to be open Friday through Monday like last year?  The web site says Saturday and Sunday at the top and further down says Fri to Mon.

Good news for you swing shift guys. The range is opening on Thursdays also. Here is an e-mail from the owner sent by mass mail to address's from the sign-up sheets.
This message is for all Buffalo Range friends.

SHOOTERS- We will officially open on Friday, March 31, 2006, from 9am-5pm
and Saturday, Sunday and Monday also from 9am-5pm. Then we will add
Thursdays to the schedule starting Thursday, April 6, 2006. We will still be
closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Longer hours will start in Summer. Mark
your calenders as we will have an Appreciation Day Pig Roast on Saturday,
AUGUST 26, 2006!

RIDERS- We will officially open on Friday, March 31, 2006, from 9am-5pm and
Saturday, Sunday and Monday also from 9am-5pm. Then we will add Thursdays to
the schedule starting Thursday, April 6, 2006. We will still be closed on
Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Longer hours will start in Summer.  Mark your
calenders as we will have an Appreciation Day Pig Roast on Saturday,
SEPTEMBER 23, 2006!
RIDERS, we would also like to mention that as of March 20, 2006, we have
become an official KTM Motorcyle Dealership, complete with bikes, parts and
service. We will be selling used bikes as well. The name of the new
dealership is DIRT GEAR KTM INC. We will start construction of the 5000
sq.ft. addition to the existing Dirt Gear building in April. In the mean
time, we will hold sales and parts activities in the existing Dirt Gear
building and service in the garage to the southwest of Dirt Gear. RIDERS,
one last thing. Starting on opening day, we will be raising the price to
ride, FOR ADULTS, to
$25 per day. Children stay at $15 per day.

We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Wife and I camped last night at Starved Rock,   today while we were walking the trails at Buffalo Rock we could hear bump firing and gun fire.  We looked at each other and said we  should have brought our rifles.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
The Range needs cardboard, our supply is real low. Any donations will be greatly appreciated!
Rebel49
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Range needs cardboard, our supply is real low. Any donations will be greatly appreciated!
Rebel49

Yeah what he said.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]

$25.00 a head per day and I have to bring cardboard.

How about a flat rate membership.

JR

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wife and I camped last night at Starved Rock,   today while we were walking the trails at Buffalo Rock we could hear bump firing and gun fire.  We looked at each other and said we  should have brought our rifles.

You probably heard me, but I wasn't bumping. I was on the 100 yd. range breaking in a couple barrels and zeroing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Any particular size of cardboard?? Standard Silouette (sp?) size? We get alot of boxes at work, when I come I'd be happy to bring some down...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Racecar:
It's still the same range fees, $20.00 a day!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Rebel49

Is this what you're looking for?

If so I'll bring it down on the 23rd of April.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

JR

You read the post wrong. The range fee is still $20. It is $25 for the ride park.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the clarification.

JR
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#16]
i was there sunday and had a good time as usual...my buddy spent about 2.5 hours becoming a pro at bump firing his ak and ar...i will be there again friday for another good time...

bill
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:08:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Rebel49

I'm really going to try and make it to the range on Friday. I will try and get some cardboard together.

You guys need any 2x4's ???
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:42:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Here is an e-mail from the owner sent by mass mail to address's from the sign-up sheets.

I didn't get one.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:20:50 PM EDT
[#19]
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH what a great day at the range on Friday.  Just a small crowd and a lot of brass falling.  Three guys with class 3's there and that wasn't bump firing someone heard.  This guy said he brought 10,000 rounds and I watched him blast about half when my stock ran low.  Sun was out but wind was pretty bad.  Great opening day. good time and no accidents.  My new colt shorty did very well will be back on sunday.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I really have to try to make it out to a shoot this year. I haven't been to Buffalo Rock since 85.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:13:23 AM EDT
[#21]
The weather was crazy! It was pretty pointless trying to sight in my new 20" and scope combo, but I was getting good groups at 100 yards anyway.

The pit was awsome as usual. I made the mistake (or happy accident) of setting up on the next table to the right of the classIII guy. I kept getting showered in brass and links!

All my ARs ran with only the most minor of tweaks but my 1911 was being a pain. I brought a bunch of tools and started filing and tweaking the feed ramo and extractor. I want this thing to run hollowpoints! I think I'll get a hardcore extractor. My AR pistol ran like a champ and even the class III guy came over to tell me it was LOUD!

Anyways, I brought them a carload of cardboard. I stopped at GAT guns on the way out of town and they have a dumpster full of cardboard out back that they let me help myself to. So it was mostly shipping boxes for long arms. I'm glad I didn't get pulled over on the way in.  So if any of the local guys out here ever need cardboard, check out the dumpster at GAT prolly the best deal they got!

efxguy
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

JR

Hows your hips?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 9:07:30 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Quoted:

JR

Hows your hips?

Do you mean from hip firing the AR pistol?

Thirty rounds go quickly through it! But other than being about five hundred rounds poorer, we are all fine.

efxguy
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm off monday...........
And BR is open.......

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

ckmorley
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll be there Sunday the 9th to get some Blastfest practice time.

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#26]
it's open Friday... And Saturday... And Sunday... And Monday....!!! And I don't gotta be back at work until monday night at 1830!! I might be seeing some range time this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
it's open Friday... And Saturday... And Sunday... And Monday....!!! And I don't gotta be back at work until monday night at 1830!! I might be seeing some range time this weekend.

I'm thinking of spending the day on the 100yrd line tommorrow.  I need to sight in several rifles, test some reloads, and just vent some anger and frustration.

If I'm going for sure, I'll call ya in the AM
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top