Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:14:00 AM EDT
From the ISRA

There is a good chance that the Daley/Blagojevich Assault Weapons Ban may be voted on in the House this week.

Therefore, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you contact your State Representative IMMEDIATELY and politely ask him/her to VOTE AGAINST HB2414. If you do not know who your State Representative is, then go to the following web site and click the “Legislator Lookup” link: http://www.ilga.gov/

Also, you must call the bills sponsor, EDDIE ACEVEDO at (217) 782-2855 and POLITELY tell the person that answers the phone that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you OPPOSE HB2414.

PLEASE MAKE YOUR PHONE CALLS TODAY!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey all,

Please call this guy Acevedo. His people are being extremely rude to callers. I am unsure as to how we can be expected to be polite when his staffers quickly become "uppity" with us. I hope that this means that many of us are calling. Oh, well...
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#2]
"Representative XXX:

As a registered voter, I feel it necessary for me to contact you, my representative,  regarding my view of this legislation (HB2414).

Please be aware that I am very much opposed to it, and I request that you consider representing my view by voting against it.

I do not feel a need to explain why I oppose HB2414, as there are many more eloquent arguments out there for anyone that wishes to educate themselves on the subject.

I am sure that you have taken the time to do that as you consider this bill.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Regards,"
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Great. We should be all the more polite.

It will frost them even more.

JR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top