Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2005 8:40:45 AM EDT
So I placed an order with Sportsmans guide for 1000 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39, and at the end of the order it requires me to send in my FOID for the order to be porcessed.  I sent it in and got an email today.  Because my FOID address does nt match my mailing address they cannot send me the ammo.  I explained to the guy that my proper address is on fiel with the ISP, and my drivers license is current, but hey will not accept a drivers license as proof of where I live!

He said they either need the FOID with the right address or they will have to cancel my order. Aargh, I am going to have a new AK in two weeks and no ammo for the damn thing, as current processing time fora  FOID is about 7 weeks!  Goddamn FOID cards!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn FOID cards is right.  I still haven't gotten my new one back.  Probally at least another month.

Sportsman Guide never asked me for my FOID card in the past.  Just sent the ammo and came via "Speedy Delivery"
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#2]
you probably just got a hold of a nitwit.  i had the same problem a while back, although i sent in a copy of my drivers license and we had no problems.

email Mike Geisen or Bob Honerbrink at [email protected].  both guys where totally cool with me we and we had no problems.  i just sent Bob a picture of my foid and drivers license and he was satisfied.

just make sure if you use a digital camera that you use the macro lense/function, so you can focus up really close.  make sure everything is clearly visible and you should be ok.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Damn FOID cards is right.  I still haven't gotten my new one back.  Probally at least another month.

Sportsman Guide never asked me for my FOID card in the past.  Just sent the ammo and came via "Speedy Delivery"

I think it's new policy. I ordered the Monday before the Blastfest, but I sent the copy of my DL and FOID at the same time. They didn't get it processed until Thursday or Friday and I didn't get my case of ammo in time for Blasfest. I had to go to 2 gun shops and 2 Wal-marts (and clean them out) to get "enough" which ended up being about 400rds.

Of course, the case of Wolf showed up on Monday

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you probably just got a hold of a nitwit.  i had the same problem a while back, although i sent in a copy of my drivers license and we had no problems.

email Mike Geisen or Bob Honerbrink at [email protected].  both guys where totally cool with me we and we had no problems.  i just sent Bob a picture of my foid and drivers license and he was satisfied.

just make sure if you use a digital camera that you use the macro lense/function, so you can focus up really close.  make sure everything is clearly visible and you should be ok.

It must be a new policy as Bob is the one I was speaking to.  

Fuck.  Why does this state have to be even more of a pain than California when it comes to purcahsing ammo and guns out of state???
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I was pleasantly surprised when I ordered a case of M855/SS109 from SG. The order went through, Bob called me back and emailed me to send in my a copy of my FOID and DL. Did that and the ammo was delivered on Monday. I ordered it on Friday morning. Strange thing is....I had always been refused by them for ammo purchases...Did something change recently??? Not complaining of course....
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I specifically pointed out the address thing on my FOID.  I didn't want the stuff shipping to the wrong address.  My guess is if I had not have mentioned it the order would have been process with no probelms and it would have gotten here.  The worst part is the old address is about 250 feet from the new address...same apartment complex, just moved to a different unit.

If I had known it was going to be a big deal I would have just gone over to the people who lived in the old unit and told them something accidentally got shipped there for me and would be showing up in a few days, given them a fruit basket for their troubles, and things would have been fine.  That or I should have just given directions to ship to the complex office.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Order from Natchez. They dont request a copy of anything.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Order from Natchez. They dont request a copy of anything.

That would be all fine and dandy if Natchez had Wolf 7.62x39 ammo in stock.  Sportsmans is the only one with a projected fill date for the backorder, no one else will even let you wait on a backorder list! In 2 weeks I'll have an AK buidup and no ammo to feed it!
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Wolf ammo is out of stock in a bunch of places.

I feel sorry for you guys that have to deal with FOID cards. That's one reason I left Illinois as soon as I could (1978).

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I specifically pointed out the address thing on my FOID.  I didn't want the stuff shipping to the wrong address.  My guess is if I had not have mentioned it the order would have been process with no probelms and it would have gotten here.  The worst part is the old address is about 250 feet from the new address...same apartment complex, just moved to a different unit.

If I had known it was going to be a big deal I would have just gone over to the people who lived in the old unit and told them something accidentally got shipped there for me and would be showing up in a few days, given them a fruit basket for their troubles, and things would have been fine.  That or I should have just given directions to ship to the complex office.

Strange, I just got a load of 308 not too long ago from them and my FOID and DL have different addresses. Didn't have a problem. I would ask to speak to a manager.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll order it for you, fuck if I care.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank Lisa "Skreecher" Madigoon and her IAG nazi patrol...they've been quite busy threatening mail order retailers over the last several months...
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll order it for you, fuck if I care.

Thanks Scott!

I'm gonna hit Kane County and see what I can find ammo-wise on Sunday.  If that is a bust I'll give you a call and let you know what I need ordered.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#14]
that is weird, if your drivers license is current and you have a valid foid card, you should be good to go. i tried to order a case of .223 about a month ago, and my drivers license and foid card had the same address. unfortunately, they were both my old address. they told me they couldn't ship it to me, i asked if i got a new drivers license with my current address would it be okay, and they said yes. so i got a new drivers license with my mailing address, submitted a picture of it with my foid card and they shipped out my ammo the same day. they are really great people to deal with. except for the foid hiccup, everything went smoothly
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Thread title - Cursing the Lord's name in it? Shame Shame!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, it seems I got things straightened out- I apprently sent a scan of my old drivers license and Foid, so Bob at Sportsman's thought I was nuts when i was suggesting my DL had my new address on it.  Once we got that cleared up itw as real simple- scan the new DL and emailed it to him.

Tehy will mail to your shiping address as long as it is on either the FOID or Drivers License, but they need both of them even if they don't match.

Cool, Wolf 7.62x39 and E german bayonet, here I come!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:36:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well, it seems I got things straightened out- I apprently sent a scan of my old drivers license and Foid, so Bob at Sportsman's thought I was nuts when i was suggesting my DL had my new address on it.  Once we got that cleared up itw as real simple- scan the new DL and emailed it to him.

Tehy will mail to your shiping address as long as it is on either the FOID or Drivers License, but they need both of them even if they don't match.

Cool, Wolf 7.62x39 and E german bayonet, here I come!

See not so bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top