Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2005 3:45:18 PM EDT
Here we go. I just went into Island Lake and filled up the truck and twenty gallons into plastic containers. I would suggest y'all do the same.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this the reason we are having shortages.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
If more people would calm down and just consolidate trips, and not go crazy because there might be a "Gas Shortage" we wouldn't have these problems.

Just my $.02

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If more people would calm down and just consolidate trips, and not go crazy because there might be a "Gas Shortage" we wouldn't have these problems.

Just my $.02

WIZZO

+1.

I'm just lucky I DON'T have a car.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my $.02

WIZZO

+1.

Must be nice living at home with mom & dad. If you get along with your parents, ride it out as long as you can!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just my $.02

WIZZO

+1.

Must be nice living at home with mom & dad. If you get along with your parents, ride it out as long as you can!!

I'm 19, and I do get along with my parents.  We have our moments, but they are few and far between.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I demand you change your avatar right now!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:45:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just my $.02

WIZZO

I agree. However, I will always be prepared. See, I don't live with my parents. If you guys are 18 or 19, then you would have been in pre school or kindergarten when I moved out of my parents house. I have a kid, a business and a mortgage which means if I store 20 gallons of gas, so be it. I paid for it with money I earned. The BP has gas again by the way.

Many many things will change in your perspective between the age you are at now and my age. I'm sure all your parents are coming up with a plan, even if they don't discuss it with you. That's what parents do, shield their kids. Every parent I know would store a little extra gas in case of emergency during this time of tragedy. I just got done burning up my 9-11 gas. Gas will last a long time, don't believe that "you can't keep gas in your lawnmower during the winter crap."

I once heard a very bright man quote the following....

"If you aren't a liberal at 19, you don't have a heart. If you're still a liberal at 30, you don't have a brain."
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:30:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I demand you change your avatar right now!

I like my avatar, and it was a major PITA to change from my old one.

I'm just a car nut, what can I say?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#9]
patriot73 thinks I dont have a heart.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I think your opinions on life will change quite a bit after the water behind your ears dries.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I have been making a habit of topping off the tank every evening, and I do have a small "emergency supply" on my balcony.  

I would have more, but there is only so much I can store at an apartment.  If i have to break out the "emergency supply" I probably will not be going to work at that point.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think your opinions on life will change quite a bit after the water behind your ears dries.

I would be ignorant for those opinions not to change.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have some ideas that probably will change as I get older, I realize that much.

I don't think I'll be a completely different person, though. I see myself as pretty level-headed and my crazy aunt and cousins have pushed me to wonder why more peoplre don't have more common sense.

I do understand why you would get extra gas. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have. Gotcha'. I'm just thinking that there's all sorts of talk and this talk is making people nervous thereby causing them to stock up just in case. Basically, I think the talk of shortages CAUSES shortages.

And you're right about the 19 year old thing. I do have a different outlook on life in comparison to my parents. Course, that's not always bad. You didn't always agree with your parents, did you?

WIZZO

EDIT: Gas went down $.10 today to $3.09. We'll see if it goes down a little more tomorrow. I'm going Dove hunting, and the beast might need a "drink" before the drive to our farm.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:36:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have some ideas that probably will change as I get older, I realize that much.

I don't think I'll be a completely different person, though. I see myself as pretty level-headed and my crazy aunt and cousins have pushed me to wonder why more peoplre don't have more common sense.

I do understand why you would get extra gas. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have. Gotcha'. I'm just thinking that there's all sorts of talk and this talk is making people nervous thereby causing them to stock up just in case. Basically, I think the talk of shortages CAUSES shortages.

And you're right about the 19 year old thing. I do have a different outlook on life in comparison to my parents. Course, that's not always bad. You didn't always agree with your parents, did you?

WIZZO

EDIT: Gas went down $.10 today to $3.09. We'll see if it goes down a little more tomorrow. I'm going Dove hunting, and the beast might need a "drink" before the drive to our farm.

LOL, I still argue with my Mom. When you are in your thirties, you will look back on your life as you know it now and it will seem like a lifetime ago. You will go through so many real world experiences between now and then. Buying a house, getting married, having kids. These experiences will truely be the experiences that lead you into adulthood. Enjoy everything you can now, cause someday, you will be limited as to what you can do and when you can do it.

I think all you guys are very level headed and respect you all.

And.....gas here is still holding at like $3.29. Man, it really needs to go down.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Wizzo, Deej, and Kalahnikid may all be a bit younger than you and me Patriot, but they got their sh*t together unlike a great many of the people their age.

I tried to think back about my high school days the other day, and it doesn't even seem like that was my life, just some dream I had.  I bet in 10 more years my late 20's will seem the same way.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top