Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2005 6:55:41 AM EDT
Any locals interested in building a semi AR70?  I have a source for the US made receiver and parts kit, I think the total cost is around the 8 or 900 dollar mark with all the US parts to make it legal.

Let me know
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I am curious to hear more, although I do not currently have the funds to tackle that project.

You have a source to get enough U.S. made parts?  interesting.  These use a special magazine, not AR mags, right?

Dawg
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
How hard would it be and how many US parts would be needed?  Got me curious.  Might have to sell plasma and get some funds.  Just kidding about selling my plasma.  Hard sell.  Selling house for more expensive house.  Wife won't let me play.  She did let me get 4 AK kits in the last 2 months but she said that's it for a while.  My question is what's a while mean?

edit:  It looks like it uses AR mags.  That's good.
from http://world.guns.ru/assault/as11-e.htm
"The feeding of AR-70/90 series weapons is achieved by using STANAG (M16-type) compliant magazines"

edit 2:  Mags are different
www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=816&storeid=1&image=ber70mag.gif
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I am almost positive early versions of teh AR708 fed from a magazine specifically designed for the weapon.  If these kits fed from AR-15 mags that would be great.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The AR70 uses a different magazine than the AR15/M16.  The cheapest source for them is probably DSA (about $60 a pop if you buy in bulk).  The AR70/90 was the updated version that took M16 mags but there's no semi auto version of them and I've never seen a parts kit for one.

The AR70's are cool rifles but spares have always been difficult to obtain.  Best of luck on the builds.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
It's to bad it uses different mags.  Mag cost is holy crap.  Looks cool but got no dough.  Good luck
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Guys,

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to obtain a pretty rare firearm that is fun as hell to shoot with.  You can always payback/payoff the money but you'll have an impossible time getting another Beretta AR70 kit in the not-so-distant future.  I'd go for it if it scratches an itch.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the source ORF?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:02:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Tag for more info. possibly interested
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#9]
How nice are the kits?  How hard will it be to get it 922r compliant?  Who's making the receiver?  

I got an itch.  This could replace my daewoo rifle that I sold long ago.  Got to love AK/AR hybrid types.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope to reply of all the questions.

The kits are supposed to be good condition and the barrel excellent condition.  
The receivers are made from a machinest  in Ohio who makes hard to come by receivers, after he is done with the AR70 project as he claims he will be working on SIG PE57 and or AMT's, which I already have kits for both, and really want one bad.

I know you can not use AR mags he has mag kits for 70.00 and you can get compliance parts for also.

Not sure what ORF means.

I am going to buy one of these kits and recievers, I do not know how many this guy has, and I am jumping on it.

Here are some of his compliance parts:

44460 Compliance are as fallows; Sear $20 Cocking handle $40 Pistol grip $25 Butt stock $45 Handguard $40 Mag follower $3 Mag floor plate $2 Barrels $150

I will ask him how many receivers he has and let you guys know.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
An expensive build for a rifle that Beretta could never really get to work right but I have always wanted one. I may be into it if I have the cash at the time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:05:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree its a bit expensive, but I feel sometimes with the availability of these kits and I know that there will be limited production of the receivers 250 to be exact, I know I will have to build at least one and get an extra receiver for shits and grins.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:57:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I agree its a bit expensive, but I feel sometimes with the availability of these kits and I know that there will be limited production of the receivers 250 to be exact, I know I will have to build at least one and get an extra receiver for shits and grins.

I agree. I have always wanted one. You may have to count me in PCGuns I'll see if I can scrape some cash together. We'll chat at Lakemoor.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Here is the link to the parts kit and also says where to get the semi receiver.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=886270&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

Guys post here if you ordered one, maybe we can share some build notes then.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I could see being in for one of the SIGs... saw an ad in SGN for a parts kit today.

And maybe by the time he's ready to sell them I'll be a little more flush
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top