Posted: 5/17/2005 5:38:51 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a dupe-it is from the online ST:

www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-blago17.html
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#1]
That's putting it mildly.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah-He won't be in the gov's office next year.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thankfully, this is something that is almost guaranteed.

He's pissed too many people off. Even in his hometown of Shitcago.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thankfully, this is something that is almost guaranteed.

He's pissed too many people off. Even in his hometown of Shitcago.

WIZZO

I'm sure Mrs. Governor Ferretface isn't too happy with him either.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#6]
That was a great article.

Sure, Blojo has balls. But, he has them stuck up his ass along with his head, so they really aren't doing him any good.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sure, Blojo has balls. But, he has them stuck up his ass along with his head, so they really aren't doing him any good.

Something like that.  

He is a liar. Lied to the labor unions(big deal considering my  dad is in IUOE) about jobs.  He lied to the residents about the tolls.  

What a moron.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]
What Idiot will Shitcago pick to replace ol Rod Bagoshit?   Probably another knee jerk idiot liberal, business as usual in Occupied Amerika.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:43:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:32:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Blago MIGHT be the best thing that we could have hoped for. Think about it:

After Emperor George Ryan, it was nearly a done deal that we'd get a Democrat (like Ryan wasn't!) in office. Imagine if we'd gotten an effective, centrist guy/girl who was a good communicator, had the common touch and got lots of high profile stuff done. Now imagine if that person was anti-gun...

Goblowabitch has pretty much torpedoed his own chances for reelction, and certainly taken some of the post-Ryan momentum away from the Democrats. Now we can discuss Jim Edgar running with a straight face.

So everyone write the governor and thank him for being so inept!

Larry
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#12]
i have to laff
now will some one tell BLAGO what  testicals are

that does explain his hi pitch whiney voice    
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:53:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Guys don't right him off so fast. He has 15,000,000 already in his war chest for re-election. I don't like him, but this is reality. What name recognition player do we have? That will play upstate and downstate.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:17:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Guys don't right him off so fast. He has 15,000,000 already in his war chest for re-election. I don't like him, but this is reality. What name recognition player do we have? That will play upstate and downstate.

...and what recognition did Blowbagofshit have? He was just "not Ryan." It only helps us that the Repub candidate in the next race can be "not Blowbagofshit."

His $15m is formidable, but Illinois elections aren't for sale--witness Jack Ryan, Alan Keyes, and Blair Hull if you don't believe that.

The fact that he can't get along with his own damn father in law (who got him started politically) and powerful members of his party is a great big liability. Nevertheless, if the last few elections are any indication, the Illinois Republicans are more than able to eclipse Blago's ineptness.

What the Repubs really need is one huge, glaring, Blago mistake, instead of a thousand little ones. That, and a fairly centrist candidate that Blago's former supporters can live with.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something like that.  

He is a liar. Lied to the labor unions(big deal considering my  dad is in IUOE) about jobs.  He lied to the residents about the tolls.

This is my biggest beef with him. I knew he was an anti-gun bigot when he came in so there was no surprise there, but his back-yard tax increase via the tollways, even after he pledged no increase in taxes is outrageous.  Asking people to pay $50 for an Ipass even if they don't use it often is insane. Well that's $50 the state gets for no reason that they can put in their coffers.

Some of my exit tolls went from 40 cents to $1.00. Who is in charge of this crap?

I will vote for the first guy that pledges to roll back the tolls.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I could very well use other terminology to discuss the leader of our fair state-but I'm trying to keep my thread G-rated.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I could very well use other terminology to discuss the leader of our fair state-but I'm trying to keep my thread G-rated.  

Sorry about that. Blojo is just such an easy target, and it's hard to resist the cheap shot.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...and what recognition did Blowbagofshit have? He was just "not Ryan." It only helps us that the Repub candidate in the next race can be "not Blowbagofshit."

His $15m is formidable, but Illinois elections aren't for sale--witness Jack Ryan, Alan Keyes, and Blair Hull if you don't believe that.

The fact that he can't get along with his own damn father in law (who got him started politically) and powerful members of his party is a great big liability. Nevertheless, if the last few elections are any indication, the Illinois Republicans are more than able to eclipse Blago's ineptness.

What the Repubs really need is one huge, glaring, Blago mistake, instead of a thousand little ones. That, and a fairly centrist candidate that Blago's former supporters can live with.

I hope your right
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That's a good question. There are hundreds of Democraps out there, but what do we have?

Oberweis?
LaHood?

what do you guys think of both?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a good question. There are hundreds of Democraps out there, but what do we have?

Oberweis?
LaHood?

As long we can find someone who's last name doesn't end in Ryan.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:25:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oberweis?
LaHood?

As long we can find someone who's last name doesn't end in Ryan.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#22]
There are reports circulating that the Bush administration is pressing Jim Edgar to run....

Better than Blago!

Larry
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
There are reports circulating that the Bush administration is pressing Jim Edgar to run....

Better than Blago!

Larry

Was Edgar any good back then?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better than Blago!

Larry

Was Edgar any good back then?

Edgar is a RINO. He was (and still probably is) very anti-gun.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Something like that.  

This is my biggest beef with him. I knew he was an anti-gun bigot when he came in so there was no surprise there, but his back-yard tax increase via the tollways, even after he pledged no increase in taxes is outrageous.  Asking people to pay $50 for an Ipass even if they don't use it often is insane. Well that's $50 the state gets for no reason that they can put in their coffers.

Some of my exit tolls went from 40 cents to $1.00. Who is in charge of this crap?

I will vote for the first guy that pledges to roll back the tolls.

The problem is not only with the "Gov" but with the IL Tollway Authority.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:20:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Proof once again that our Governor is an idiot...
The phrase you were looking for is "Intestinal Fortitude" not "Testicular Virility"
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:17:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Our last four govenors Blogo, Ryan, Edgar and Thompson have all been democrats. I get so pissed when they say a Republican challenger is "too conservative". I think Oberwiess would have been a good (not great) canidate, but he made immigration a key issue and the old school GOP wet their pants. The national Republican party had better wake up and realize that immigration is a winning issue. Hillary is a lock for the dem nomination, and stands a serious chance in the general election, IF, she makes some serious moves on illegal immigration, such as introducing some legislation. Where I work the guys in the plant are either Mexican or Polish immigrants and none of them favors illegal immigration, contrary to the deep seated fears of all politicians. And with "native" Americans it's a huge issue. It's a winning issue along with standing up to China. I know Hillary recognizes that, but will she have the ovaries to do something with it. I mostly like Bush, but he is 1000% wrong on immigration. Blogo's $15 million war chest is a big deal. We need a strong canidate to start running now and I don't see that happening. Even though they will probably shred each other the winner of the dem primary will probably be our next govenor. The GOP in this state is such a joke. Don't forget that Edgar is the one that made our "temorary" .5% income tax increase permanent. He is an anti-gun paternalistic piece of crap. I would be very hard presses to vote for him. I would be okay with Poushard, I voted for him against George Ryan.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Perhaps the gov has something in common with thisdude.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Our last four govenors Blogo, Ryan, Edgar and Thompson have all been democrats. I get so pissed when they say a Republican challenger is "too conservative". I think Oberwiess would have been a good (not great) canidate, but he made immigration a key issue and the old school GOP wet their pants. The national Republican party had better wake up and realize that immigration is a winning issue. Hillary is a lock for the dem nomination, and stands a serious chance in the general election, IF, she makes some serious moves on illegal immigration, such as introducing some legislation. Where I work the guys in the plant are either Mexican or Polish immigrants and none of them favors illegal immigration, contrary to the deep seated fears of all politicians. And with "native" Americans it's a huge issue. It's a winning issue along with standing up to China. I know Hillary recognizes that, but will she have the ovaries to do something with it. I mostly like Bush, but he is 1000% wrong on immigration. Blogo's $15 million war chest is a big deal. We need a strong canidate to start running now and I don't see that happening. Even though they will probably shred each other the winner of the dem primary will probably be our next govenor. The GOP in this state is such a joke. Don't forget that Edgar is the one that made our "temorary" .5% income tax increase permanent. He is an anti-gun paternalistic piece of crap. I would be very hard presses to vote for him. I would be okay with Poushard, I voted for him against George Ryan.

You are extremely misinformed about our state's governors. Blago is the first democrat to hold the post in over 30 years.

Ryan, Edgar, Thompson were all Republicans. Thompson served four terms. Edgar served two, and Ryan, one. www.iltrails.org/govs.html
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are extremely misinformed about our state's governors. Blago is the first democrat to hold the post in over 30 years.

Ryan, Edgar, Thompson were all Republicans. Thompson served four terms. Edgar served two, and Ryan, one. www.iltrails.org/govs.html

That's what I thought too.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:10:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you sure he didn't mean Democrat by action.

Just like Ahhhhnold is a Republican, but you wouldn't know it by his actions.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you sure he didn't mean Democrat by action.

Just like Ahhhhnold is a Republican, but you wouldn't know it by his actions.

WIZZO

Right.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top