Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2005 1:31:43 PM EDT
Have an L1A1 I want to get refinished.

Was thinking about shipping it out to ARS, (that OD Metacol III is very nice looking...), but was wondering if there might be a local to consider.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't found anyone local, most only do hunting rifles. But try salbo arms. You wouldn't believe the quality vs price. Mine was just 200 and on top of a awesome refinish I had the barrel cut and recrown.

I will post pics later also. Here is a link to the website.Salbo Arms
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Brandon at Mosher's in DeKalb - he does great FALs!  Mine's been 100% from day one, almost two years and 2500 rounds ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Ron Offermann Of RDO Specialties  might be your guy.

He specializes in FAL building and offers full gunsmithing and refinishing.

I dont know if he does moly coating or polane based finishes. I have seen his work on display at the Lakemoor and  Kane Co shows. It looks to be fine stuff. he always has some nice Mauser retorations as well.  I am looking at one of his flyers right now. The prices are not out of line. No email contact is listed but I will pass on his # because he seems to hand it out at gunshows.

By appt only, RDO Specialties   847-526-7958

JR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top