Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2005 9:10:05 PM EDT
I was just wondering, if there will ever ever ever be a CCW law in IL?  Is there anything we can do (as lawful gun owners) to try to sway the tide?  I'm thinking of starting a letter writing campaign myself.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:17:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing against you guys, but I think you''ll be the next to last state to ever have it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:23:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Not as long as Chicago remains part of Illinois.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Lets see, Daley has heart problems, and is getting old. And his son is likely to be shipped off to the sandbox. In twenty years we may not have a Daley to deal with and perhaps then, it could happen.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]
"the next to last state to ever have it"

+1
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nothing against you guys, but I think you''ll be the next to last state to ever have it.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree, not as long as Chicago is part of the State
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I disagree.

I think Illinois will be THE last state to get CCW, if at all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Like they said as long as Chicago is still in the state NO !

Hopefully we can get a "good" govenor in the near future and get Illinois right.

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 3:18:23 PM EDT
[#9]
 Still better here than in Kalifornica!!!  

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Would be interesting if enough states with CCW got together and federalized requirements, thus leading to a national CCW.  More interesting would be if those CCW's had free reign to any state, even the few without their own CCW.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:30:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not as long as Chicago remains part of Illinois.

Almost exactly what my thoughts were.

I do feel sorry for all you IL people.......it sucks having the university run by people in another city...I can't imagine how aggravating it would be to have the whole sTATE run by daley and his mob.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:27:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

And nothing against you guys, but you guys will be the second to last to get it. Wisconsin, Southern Wisconsin namingly, is rapidly beacoming over run by Liberals. Wisconsin has Chicago envy in political terms. Sorry Charlie, we're in the same boat.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:45:24 AM EDT
[#13]
i have to agree , as long as chicago is part of ILL.   or Daley is mayor

i did the FLA non resident CCW , 117 bucks  but good in  22 other states

concealed carry has a web site . always a good read and John is a good guy too
http://www.concealcarry.org/

Link Posted: 1/8/2005 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
"And nothing against you guys, but you guys will be the second to last to get it. Wisconsin, Southern Wisconsin namingly, is rapidly beacoming over run by Liberals. Wisconsin has Chicago envy in political terms. Sorry Charlie, we're in the same boat."

At least we have CCW going through legislation, failed to pass last fall by 1 vote.  And yes, we have become overun by liberals, especially Madison.  Could I interest you in a busload, or a semi trailer full of them?  No charge.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"And nothing against you guys, but you guys will be the second to last to get it. Wisconsin, Southern Wisconsin namingly, is rapidly beacoming over run by Liberals. Wisconsin has Chicago envy in political terms. Sorry Charlie, we're in the same boat."

At least we have CCW going through legislation, failed to pass last fall by 1 vote.  And yes, we have become overun by liberals, especially Madison.  Could I interest you in a busload, or a semi trailer full of them?  No charge.

You know we have trouble when both Illinois and Wisconsin need to succeed from Chicago. Boy how times have changed huh bro?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You know we have trouble when both Illinois and Wisconsin need to succeed from Chicago. Boy how times have changed huh bro?

What are the chances of a tsunami hitting lower lake michigan and taking out chicago?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't see it happening anytime soon. Best bet would be if the Feds make it a requirement to reconize all states; but then they would just allow everyone from out of state to carry but not a citizen. According to todays paper, seems that gov has pissed off his daddy in law who got him the job. Maybe there is trouble in mob land. Maybe gov will be swimming with the fishes soon!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:51:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Headlines:

"Hell Discovered-And It's Frozen Over"
"Jimmy Hoffa Found-Alive and Working At Burger King!"
"Elvis Found Alive-And Working For Jimmy Hoffa!"

And...

"Mayor Daley Blames Space Alien Invasion on Gun Ownership"

A quote from the article-"Well, duh, duh, dey, dey got dem guns dere, duh, duh..."

Larry
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Would be interesting if enough states with CCW got together and federalized requirements, thus leading to a national CCW. More interesting would be if those CCW's had free reign to any state, even the few without their own CCW.

I don't think a national CCW is a good idea. If the fed can grant it the fed can take it away. More laws need to be state oriented. I think the CCW issue needs to go to the ICC. I believe they are the ones who establish nation wide recognition of drivers licenses. CCW permits need to be treated the same as a drivers license.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe mr 9C1, but the state can take away too.  Anyways, I think CCW should go right on your license, just another class letter printed next to D or M, etc.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#21]
HR 47, the "Citizens' Self-Defense Act",

http://www.rightmarch.com/011305a.htm

the link will get you to a page to send a letter to your rep.

BEAN is my rep.     she is clueless as the day is long

CRANE will sure be missed !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top