Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2004 5:12:01 PM EDT
Hi guys just had a question on this ammo I keep seeing on gun broker.com. It is http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=24998789 20rds - .223 Raufus (Super Incendiary) HE Ammo . Is this stuff ok to buy and have in IL I don't know looks kinda fun but I just don't want to buy it and get introuble. Jimmi
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#1]
it's my understanding that incendiary rounds where illegal, but don't quote me.  There should be something in the Illinois Firearms laws tacked at the top of the forum.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Jimmi, where the heck are you going to shoot that stuff?  No range around here (including Buffalo) is going to allow that!
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol Hey Dawg, I just wondered if It was leagle to buy in IL I read the law but still confused. I also have a friend who would let me shoot it not go wild but lets just say test it out lol Jimmi
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
NOT LEGAL.

I had to have my father in WI hold 250 rnds of .50 APIT becuase it was not legal in Illinois. Glad i got the hell out of that god-forsaken state. Sorry guys...
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Well thanks guys that sucks. It looked to go to be true lol. Arizona sounds better all the time ! Jimmi
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Lol Hey Dawg, I just wondered if It was leagle to buy in IL I read the law but still confused. I also have a friend who would let me shoot it not go wild but lets just say test it out lol Jimmi

What the hell is wrong with you? Put the cap back on the glue jar.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Whats your problem?
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:27:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I think the point he's trying to make is that if you think you can have anything liek that in illinois, you're nuts.

Secondly, I doubt the effectiveness of any "special" rounds in .223. How much explosive/tracer/incendiary compound could fit in a .223? not nearly enough to do anything special.

You live in Illinois. Illandannoyed. Chicagoland. The People's Republic of Chicago. Little California.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top